Economy The End of Remington: Iconic 204-Year-Old Gun & Ammo Manufacturer Auctioned Off In 7 Parcels.

I'm still not sure how you can sue the manufacturer and win. It's like suing McDonalds for making you fat.
Leftist, activist judges. Or you couldn't.

Just like the panic about coronavirus and getting sued. You can't sue for a virus and blame a particular place for it. lol
"I just know I got it at work, church or that restaurant". Silly.
You have to prove liability for damages caused by the negligence of whoever you're suing. So they would all (corona lawsuits) be tossed on their face. As they should be.
You can't prove where you got it. Or didn't.
However, everyone now knows that leftist judges can make law or decide anything should be what it isn't meant to be based on their idea of what should be and "fairness", and that's part of the reason we're so fucked right now. Versus just following the law as written.
At least the SCOTUS will be an emergency stop in place for us for the next 30 years or so. So that's nice.

Mossberg is the right choice anyway. Lots of different configurations, made here, high quality. Remmington had serious quality control issues in recent years. Winchester & others (e.g., Black Aces) are made in Turkey. Kel Tec has those bull pups, but they make me nervous - something goes wrong all the action is happening right under your jaw.

Seems odd that Franklin would buy the Bushmaster brand. Maybe trying pair the name recognition with their binary triggers. Seems like a risk since legislation can quickly wipe that business away.
Are those any good for the ak? I was thinking of getting one of those or the fostech.

Previously:

Families of Sandy Hook massacre victims say Remington bankruptcy intentionally leaves them in the cold

104153809-GettyImages-588666984.jpg

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/17/fam...ctims-remington-bankruptcy-leaves-us-out.html
Tragic for those families but they might as well have sued GM since Lanza drove it to the school.

Bushmaster is garbage. Franklin Armory is garbage.

What part of FA rifles make them garbage? Sure ain't the triggers. That pretty much leaves the barrels because everything else on an AR is what it is.

Are those any good for the ak? I was thinking of getting one of those or the fostech.

No experience with their AK version, but the BFSIII kicks as on an AR. Simpler design than Fostech and can be run with any bolt carrier. Fostech needs a FA carrier. Unless that's changed in the last couple years.

Too bad. I learned to shoot at 6 with a 22 Remington LR. Sad and messed up how they are approaching this. going to make tons of semi underground makers and that is a can full of unintended consequences

What is Remington good for nowadays? Other than their 870 I can only think of the 700.
They owned Marlin which sells a few good lever action rifles. Too bad Remington has shit tier quality control and turned buying a good Marlin into a guessing game.

fetchimage

Besides manufacturing two of the best selling guns of all time....

They suck now, to say they always sucked is complete nonsense.
yeah old timey boomer guns
they never entered the 2000's with any new game plan and shot themselves in the foot
other companies eclipsed them years ago

They owned Marlin which sells a few good lever action rifles. Too bad Remington has shit tier quality control and turned buying a good Marlin into a guessing game.

This 100% they are the ford focus of guns mediocrity

What part of FA rifles make them garbage? Sure ain't the triggers. That pretty much leaves the barrels because everything else on an AR is what it is.

How's the tank technology in their non rifling rifle treating them?

Crazy when you consider that the gun market is about as hot as it gets with all these left wing riots going on.

They’ll be available for a long time..they made like over a million of them. Look for an old 870 Wingmaster that can handle magnum shells (don’t know which year that started...70’s?). Probably $400-500.
There has been a bajillion 870's made, they're not that hard to find.
But I wanna a new one!

FUCK. I was actually just looking at that new Marlin Black Out lever action. Fuck me running.

But I wanna a new one!
Do some reading and you probably won’t.

Edit I always thought it was a bit of an indictment that people preferred Wingmasters as a home defense gun because of the superior quality control/reliability. That was even before they started circling the drain. It seems like 870 Express vs 500 debate was one many many years ago.

I wonder if that gives them ownership of the ACR? Or did that stay with Remington (since it was made under both brands).

Seems odd that Franklin would buy the Bushmaster brand. Maybe trying pair the name recognition with their binary triggers. Seems like a risk since legislation can quickly wipe that business away.

Back