THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

I thought the show was about to get “Firefly’d.”
Great to see that amazon is picking it up. They’re getting my membership renewal for sure.

About the last episode though. Was anyone else cracking a smile and fist pumping when Amos walked back into the air lock turned around and said "I am that guy"

I knew it was coming the second he placed his hand on the other guys gun but hell yea. I'm from baltimore so In my mind amos is like my grandson or something.

Amos (Wes Chatam) is on the newest episode of Fighter and The Kid. I didn’t know he was friends with fellas. Haven’t listened to it yet, maybe tomorrow.

The Expanse officially saved by Amazon for season 4

https://ew-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/ew.com/tv/2018/05/26/the-expanse-season-4-amazon/amp/?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/26/the-expanse-season-4-amazon/

After Syfy dropped the sci-fi space drama, Amazon picked it back up for a fourth season amid online calls to #SaveTheExpanse. Media outlets had reported rumblings of this deal in the past few days, but Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson, co-founders and co-CEOs of Alcon Entertainment, made the news official.

"We are deeply grateful that Jeff Bezos, Jen Salke, and their team at Amazon have shown such faith in our show. We also want to thank Laura Lancaster, head of Alcon Television for her tireless efforts. We are fully aware that this wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for the staggering outpouring of support from the most creative, hardest working sci-fi fans around the world. From reddit campaigns to airplanes, we say thank you. It worked!”

Jeff Bezos announcement:

kvCGQbn.jpg

tumblr_oa6zhcAtji1tq4of6o1_500.gifv

Last edited:
i wonder if this means we'll get season 3 on amazon prime?

The last episode was slow, but a nice setup for the final episodes of the season. That ending though. I knew some shit was gonna happen to Maneo, and I knew it was gonna be spectacular. His infidel girlfriend was fucking hot too.

btw, what the hell was up with that mechanic chick? Was she on some Cap super serum? Is she a plant by the proto-molecule? Just a run of the mill spy? I half expected her to turn all glowy blue when she stared down the older guy.

Yikes! That scene with the ship flying through Saturn's rings was way, way out of proportion. Those rings would be far, far larger than a small spaceship. So much so that they wouldn't even look like rings. They would look like chunks of rock floating in space.
!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. The rings only look like rings from where we are on Earth because of the distance we're viewing them. From the perspective of that ship, which was practically on top of the rings, it would practically look like empty space with some ice chunks here and there. Also, the diameter of roughly six Earths can fit across the inner and outer radii of the rings, so they completely fucked up the proportions of that ship, or it was about the size of Earth. I truly and honestly never look this deeply into a show, but it seems like a funny detail to miss in a show that even thinks to have ships turn around and turn on main thrusters in the opposite direction of their destination in order to decelerate.

This is the first egregious example of bad astronomy/physics this show has demonstrated yet, though. I can let it slide.

The last episode was slow, but a nice setup for the final episodes of the season. That ending though. I knew some shit was gonna happen to Maneo, and I knew it was gonna be spectacular. His infidel girlfriend was fucking hot too.

btw, what the hell was up with that mechanic chick? Was she on some Cap super serum? Is she a plant by the proto-molecule? Just a run of the mill spy? I half expected her to turn all glowy blue when she stared down the older guy.

!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. The rings only look like rings from where we are on Earth because of the distance we're viewing them. From the perspective of that ship, which was practically on top of the rings, it would practically look like empty space with some ice chunks here and there. Also, the diameter of roughly six Earths can fit across the inner and outer radii of the rings, so they completely fucked up the proportions of that ship, or it was about the size of Earth. I truly and honestly never look this deeply into a show, but it seems like a funny detail to miss in a show that even thinks to have ships turn around and turn on main thrusters in the opposite direction of their destination in order to decelerate.

This is the first egregious example of bad astronomy/physics this show has demonstrated yet, though. I can let it slide.

I am sure they just did it that way so that the audience would understand where he was, but it was noticeably unrealistic. They could have done something different.

I agree. The quality of the rest of the show more than makes up for it. This was just so shockingly off the mark though that it warranted a reaction.

I am sure they just did it that way so that the audience would understand where he was, but it was noticeably unrealistic. They could have done something different.

I agree. The quality of the rest of the show more than makes up for it. This was just so shockingly off the mark though that it warranted a reaction.
If they simply showed his skiff approaching Saturn from a distance, but just before the distance that the rings would no longer be visible as most viewers would recognize them, it would have worked out fine.

Seriously, someone talk to me about that mechanic chick.

There was a noticeable change in her demeanor right before she damn near hulked out on the guy who discovered her bomb. She picked him up and slammed him up against the bulkhead like a sack of potatoes.

I was seriously just waiting for her to turn glowing blue any second.

Seriously, someone talk to me about that mechanic chick.

There was a noticeable change in her demeanor right before she damn near hulked out on the guy who discovered her bomb. She picked him up and slammed him up against the bulkhead like a sack of potatoes.

I was seriously just waiting for her to turn glowing blue any second.

It looked like a type of drug. Maybe a drug which momentarily gives you super strength? You can see her bite down on some kind of pill or capsule. Don't think it was protomolecule related. This show does a good job of explaining things "eventually", so we'll probably find out soon.

And if a book reader knows, all I ask is to please use spoiler tags.

Hopefully this means nudity
Maneo's girlfriend maybe?

The cleavage she had going on in her message to him was legit.

It looked like a type of drug. Maybe a drug which momentarily gives you super strength? You can see her bite down on some kind of pill or capsule. Don't think it was protomolecule related. This show does a good job of explaining things "eventually", so we'll probably find out soon.

And if a book reader knows, all I ask is to please use spoiler tags.
I didn't notice her biting down on anything.

She definitely took something I remember seeing it. I thought it was some sort of weaponized proto molecule but now I don't know what it was.

She did. When she did it I thought it was going to be one of those suicide capsules you always see in spy movies but then she hulked out. I'd guess it was some super-adrenaline type drug.

I definitely believe you guys. I just didn't notice it.

I was probably too thrown off by the Saturn rings thing lol.

Episode 8 was unbelievably good. Might have been the best of the series yet.

I definitely believe you guys. I just didn't notice it.

I was probably too thrown off by the Saturn rings thing lol.
you didn't hear the crunching noise? It was probably something put in her molars she's probably working for that OPA guy along with that blind video drone guy to become the top OPA guys and get Fred Johnson out of the way.

You would think 300 years from now they would have some kind of solution for blood clots not forming in space.

There wasn't a lot of action in the latest episode but damn, that was a great episode. I never really cared about the Belters but I'm now rooting for them. David Strathairn is amazing and his character is great. Once again, The Expanse gives us some different realistic sci-fi concepts we don't normally see in movies and TV shows like internal injuries at zero-G.

The Expanse is truly sci-fi's Game of Thrones. Except the pace is faster, the payout is quicker and different characters meet up faster.

The best thing about the show going to Amazon is...

the show will finally have nudity!

giphy.gif

Except there's no actress in The Expanse currently that I find sexy or want to see undress. Well maybe Cara Gee.

There wasn't a lot of action in the latest episode but damn, that was a great episode. I never really cared about the Belters but I'm now rooting for them. David Strathairn is amazing and his character is great. Once again, The Expanse gives us some different realistic sci-fi concepts we don't normally see in movies and TV shows like internal injuries at zero-G.

The Expanse is truly sci-fi's Game of Thrones. Except the pace is faster, the payout is quicker and different characters meet up faster.
Did you notice the zero-G tears? That was an impressive touch to include.

Back