THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

I liked the last two seasons well enough, even if the last season felt rushed. I really didn't like Marco Inaros. He was not a good actor for such an important role and was constantly chewing the scenery. Couldn't take him seriously as a big bad.

Overall I still love the show. Exactly what I'm looking for in Sci-fi.

Inaros was terrible. I’m sure they wanted him to “act” that way but I hated his line delivery and overall persona. It was not believable at all.

I agree. I get the point that he's supposed to be this short man who wants to be revered (and blame/gaslight everyone else when things go wrong), but the acting was very one-note and over the top, without nuance.

The show did a great job making every other character a conflicted, multi-dimensional, nuanced person, but his character was like a cartoon villain.

I always thought Bobbie Draper was really hot. She'd break your dick tho.
artworks-qdBWDAMocg1kouGn-z04mVg-t500x500.jpg

snuz.jpg

I've been sitting on the last 4 episodes for a while, saving them for a good day, might be tonight after wrapping up the boys

Any word of continuing the show elsewhere? I really don't give a fuck about Marco and his war. I want more of the aliens/ancients!

I've been sitting on the last 4 episodes for a while, saving them for a good day, might be tonight after wrapping up the boys

Any word of continuing the show elsewhere? I really don't give a fuck about Marco and his war. I want more of the aliens/ancients!

Nah

disappointed-hercules.gif

Just wrapped it up...

I stopped reading the books after what was covered in S4. I learned there was a big time jump between the Inaros war and what comes next, all but replacing the main crew? I was hoping the show would go into whatever happens with the protomolecule, with the established cast, so I'm really disappointed it ends not far from what I read up to.

The show was far superior to the books, however, as we get Drummer. She and Ashford were among my favs, along with Miller and Amos (Alex #1 for me, more on him later).

I think we can all appreciate how amazing the first few seasons were. S4's plotline could have been wrapped up in a few episodes, while combining S5 into it, leaving us with two seasons to wrap up the war we didn't care that much about, and give full attention to the protomolecule/ancients plot that tickled the imagination.

Hopefully some streaming service picks it back up to give us a couple of more seasons, if not a limited run (prefer the former). Too much is left on the table, but at least it ended with the possibility to be continued.

I really miss Alex, he was the heart and soul of the Roci, but you can't blame the showrunners for that, what an idiot! I still liked the Roci crew they had at the end, good thing they wrote more for the Bobbie character, as opposed to the books, she was solid. Death by Snu Snu please.

disappointed-hercules.gif

Just wrapped it up...

I stopped reading the books after what was covered in S4. I learned there was a big time jump between the Inaros war and what comes next, all but replacing the main crew? I was hoping the show would go into whatever happens with the protomolecule, with the established cast, so I'm really disappointed it ends not far from what I read up to.

The show was far superior to the books, however, as we get Drummer. She and Ashford were among my favs, along with Miller and Amos (Alex #1 for me, more on him later).

I think we can all appreciate how amazing the first few seasons were. S4's plotline could have been wrapped up in a few episodes, while combining S5 into it, leaving us with two seasons to wrap up the war we didn't care that much about, and give full attention to the protomolecule/ancients plot that tickled the imagination.

Hopefully some streaming service picks it back up to give us a couple of more seasons, if not a limited run (prefer the former). Too much is left on the table, but at least it ended with the possibility to be continued.

I really miss Alex, he was the heart and soul of the Roci, but you can't blame the showrunners for that, what an idiot! I still liked the Roci crew they had at the end, good thing they wrote more for the Bobbie character, as opposed to the books, she was solid. Death by Snu Snu please.

Yeah final season was rushed due to budget.

Ashford or amos were my favorites and drummer is wife material (strong female character wrote correctly, liked her stoicism)

Back