The fight wasn’t even close lol

For real to many people don’t realize that if you take an opponent down it counts as nothing for scoring criteria, same with doing nothing but controlling them, if you are effectively doing controlling along with striking or submissions on the ground it counts

Conor 100% guaranteed a title shot now if he can beat Chandler

You mean he proved that it was the elevation that gassed him out. He definitely was losing the second fight, and getting a perfect knockout with one shot does require some luck as he landed a similar kick in this fight which seemed to not damage Usman at all.
Nothing lucky about that technique, he set it up, but you are right he was losing that one easy. I should rephrase my sentence as
He proved that he can hang with Usman across 5 rounds and be a better fighter. Something Usman eas convinced was impossible and he was saying it the whole week.

I’m getting used to retards crying about a result. Glad there hasn’t been too much. What’s clear is usman should retire as he was never really that good anyway.

Leon dominated the entire fight besides round 3 and lost an entire point. Tell me which round Usman definitely won besides 3? Usman was clearly getting kicked to death while Usman couldn’t land a single strike and hit air everytime. He was pressuring Leon while doing nothing.

Then Usman only had like 2 takedowns out of 30 attempts. Usman was stuffed almost every attempt and couldn’t keep Leon down to save his life. The fight wasn’t even close so idk what fight these biased fans were watching and I lost money betting on Usman

This is a very good post despite your almost-trolling extent of conor support and islam hate in your usual posts.

Nothing lucky about that technique, he set it up, but you are right he was losing that one easy.

It's not that him landing the technique was lucky, it's getting the oneshot KO with it. If you aren't some kind of monster powerhouse like Rumble Johnson or Dan Henderson, there is going to be an element of luck to getting a single-shot KO. Even when it's a high damage attack like a headkick.

Think about the knees and the headkick that Leon landed in the third fight. If Usman's head was at a different angle, it could have been another knockout. But it wasn't; hence the element of luck.

100 percent.

1-2-4-5 Leon
3 Usman

I was pretty confident that Edwards won. It fits the "who would you rather be" test and I don't think Usman really did anything significant. I still thought it could be contested though because you never know how things are judged.

It's not that him landing the technique was lucky, it's getting the oneshot KO with it. If you aren't some kind of monster powerhouse like Rumble Johnson or Dan Henderson, there is going to be an element of luck to getting a single-shot KO. Even when it's a high damage attack like a headkick.

Think about the knees and the headkick that Leon landed in the third fight. If Usman's head was at a different angle, it could have been another knockout. But it wasn't; hence the element of luck.
Well sure, Usman came prepared today and it didn't land as clean and he expected it more, all factors which would help him to evade the same fate. And he definitely didn't get KO-ed this time. Also, I would bet that most of the people would get KO-ed from something like that so there is nothing really surprising about it. You can say that it was lucky because he was losing the fight but yeah, he is fighting to win even when losing, just like anyone else.

I thought it was close. If Leon put more pop in his strikes it would have been more clear imo. He just wasn't landing with power.

Leon was comfortably in control at least 85% of the fight. I wasn't really scoring rounds in my head as the fight went, but l would think you'd be hard pressed to find any 5 minute period in which Kamaru had the upper hand.

I'm impressed he didn't go down from any of those body kicks though. Some of those were just flush and he was squared up to them too.

You are correct. Usman really didn't have anything for Edwards, beside that straight and a point deduction. He did nothing on the ground when he had got him down. I did notice that Usman attempted to take his back however, which I was a little concerned about. Otherwise, great fight for Edwards. Glad he won.

Back