The first sub that got you?

RNC as well. The first time I tapped was to a well placed armbar.
Everyone there said "He armbared your ass", however it was my arm/elbow that he had locked up so I'm not sure what they ment. My favorite is the triangle because of my strong legs, feel good to cinch that shit up.

biohazrd said:
damn armbar.

I would have been willing to bet that most of the responses would have been armbars. That was definitely mine ...

lucvanlierde said:
im going to my first submission wrestling class on monday....just wondering what sub first got you to tap out? RNC? Leg Triangle? Gillotine??

Discuss.

THe fuckin neck crank.:icon_cry2

Armbar if I remmeber good
the first that I got: neck rank

I had a guy slap the Twister on me...... not cool at all for a beginner and to this day I think that guy was a Dick for putting it on a newbie. First day of class I thought he broke my back.

lucvanlierde said:
im going to my first submission wrestling class on monday....just wondering what sub first got you to tap out? RNC? Leg Triangle? Gillotine??

Discuss.

If you've never felt a triangle before you're gonna get caught in one.

I got guillotined going for a takedown, but now i know how to avoid it.

Actually, you'll get caught in everything your first day, the order doesn't really matter.

RNC.

In fact, I started BJJ when a class-mate of mine put me in a RNC as a joke. I used to be a karate guy before, but after that one, I thought I should give this BJJ thing a try. Been doing BJJ ever since.

The first BJJ class I took was before a formal evening at this huge party in PA. Being a lawyer myself you can make alot of connections and network well at these types of events. So I figured my first class, everyone would take it easy on me... The did take it easy and I still got repeatedly owned. First tap, i mean, the first time I was submitted was by a RNC, the guy got my back in 1.23 seconds and I was out. I didn't realize how quickly you black out, the feeling after waking up was like a night of heavy drinking. The guy who submitted me was like, "you weren't taping so I held it and then you just went limp. Despite having to take a couple minutes to clear my head I got back in there and got armbared, kneebarred, triangled, RNC, gi Choked, you name it. So I get home to change for my big night and my face is all busted up from rubbing against the mat and this one dudes harry ass arms, they were like sandpaper. I had a fat lip, a huge sctatch going down the one side of my face and a large bruise on my forhead from a takedown where my head hit pretty hard... Now I am hooked, love the sport and competition and I am the one who gets to "take it easy," on the new guy!

Skidz said:
This is really humiliatng but oh well. I got achilles locked by a 13 year old boy the first night. :icon_sad:

LMAO

I got viscously triangled in my first BJJ class

guillotine.
But!....I actually submitted someone before I myself got submitted. However, it wasn't really a hold I was just digging my elbow into this chump's leg while twisting it my first day.

First one I slapped on in competition: Knee-bar / ankle lock

My first sub loss: Triangle / arm bar (nice guy, he let go as soon as I tapped)

Armbar

Damn that twelve year old girl was quick

Back