Movies THE FLASH (Final Trailer, post #907; First Reactions, post #866)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol clean your boots before going on the red carpet ffs

Meh, I don't know. We'll see. I thought he was pretty good in Perks.

DC gonna DC.

Thought Ezra Miller was a girls name, came in thread, confirmed. Thuper hero material right thurr....

I think Ezra is a very talented guy but he's an odd pick for Barry Allen.

He was great in We Need to Talk about Kevin. And Perks.

He can definitely turn on the intensity when he needs to. He's got my vote.

How about we wait till we actually see him in the movie?

I liked him in Perks of being a wallflower, I believe he has the acting chops. However, I just can't picture him in this role.

What are they thinking? Who is making these horrendous casting decisions?

wow, what a joke

they couldve thrown a stapler out the window, and hit a better choice in the face with said stapler, than this clown

Dude is a pretty intense actor, but I find it weird that they went with him instead of Ryan Gosling, who already stated he was interested in the role. Sure, it looks like they are trying to throw him into Suicide Squad, but it seems like they already passed up on the perfect choice. Though, Miller could be the more affordable of the two, which I could understand them going with.

How about we wait till we actually see him in the movie?

Seriously? So, if they cast, say, Patton Olwalt or Zach Galifianakis, your response would be to just sit there with no opinion, then shell out for a ticket, then say they blew it when they cast the part?

My first instinct is that DC screws everything up and I don't see why i'd have any faith in them at this point. I expect that people on Sherdog will hate that guy because he's a skinny hipster looking dude, but I don't mind that as much.

They screwed up Green Lantern. I hate Man of Steel more than any movie I've ever hated, it's my least favorite movie of all time. I wasn't really a fan of the Nolan Batman movies outside Begins, (but they're at least interesting stylistically), so...

What reason should any of us have to put any faith whatsoever in DC?

This is honestly the WORST casting decision in recent memory. Maybe Michael Cerra should be cast as Darkseid or Jack Black can play Doomsday!

oh ohoh, I know, how about Paris Hilton as Braniac? God, that would be amazing. Oscars would rain down from the sky and people would be begging DC to take their money.

He doesn't look the part, but I'll wait and see. I thought he could have been a decent Nightwing type character

Seriously? So, if they cast, say, Patton Olwalt or Zach Galifianakis, your response would be to just sit there with no opinion, then shell out for a ticket, then say they blew it when they cast the part?

Filmmakers and studios are always trying to look for the unexpected but really good casting. Sometimes it works like Heath Ledger and Robert Downey Jr. And sometimes it bombs like Topher Grace as Venom.

I think DC is trying to be progressive in their casting. The're already being lauded for casting a gay actor as a superhero. I personally think they could have done the same thing by casting Matt Bomer as someone with much better results.

Filmmakers and studios are always trying to look for the unexpected but really good casting. Sometimes it works like Heath Ledger and Robert Downey Jr. And sometimes it bombs like Topher Grace as Venom.

Funny example, since Robert Downey was and is the most obvious Tony Stark in the world.

Funny example, since Robert Downey was and is the most obvious Tony Stark in the world.

Now he is because he did a really good job in the role. But he's a lot funnier than Tony Stark in the comics. Tony Stark in the comics is kind of rich man witty while Robert Downey is down to earth life experience funny. Their big common factor is alcoholism, but that's not even a real plot point in the movies. Favreau actually had to fight for approval for Downey to get the role.

Now he is because he did a really good job in the role. But he's a lot funnier than Tony Stark in the comics. Tony Stark in the comics is kind of rich man witty while Robert Downey is down to earth life experience funny. Their big common factor is alcoholism, but that's not even a real plot point in the movies. Favreau actually had to fight for approval for Downey to get the role.

False every comic book fan I knew thought it was genius casting before the movie came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back