The Frode post good kung fu thread.

@Frode Falch, Adam is definitely an awesome teacher. I'm not sure if you have heard of Alex Richter, but he's a wing chun practitioner and has some interesting videos on his YouTube channel. If you have an hour to kill, here's a cool podcast talking about Bruce Lee.

This is a very good interview with Adam Chan. Yes its long. But well worth the time. No matter what martial art you do.

Put in on your headset during roadwork, shadow boxing, or at your work

I posted the last video on a different thread before, but I wanted to share it again because I thought it was interesting.

A part of me wants to buy one of Jiang Yu Shan training program, but they are pricey.

Is it a online thing? Then its wont be worth it

Not a big Kung Fu guy but I practise Shaolin stances regularly, and forms irregularly for fun.

I very much like Sifu Yan Xing from KungFu.Life

And Sifu Yan Lei.

Both of these men are 34th Generation Shaolin Disciplines, migrated to the UK (Yan Xing is in ireland now) and began teaching in the London Shaolin Temple. I believe that temple was established by Sifu Shi Yanzi:

They all have different strengths and focusses. Yan Xing, who I follow the closest, is big into forms and weapons, but like in the first video is good at showing practical application for Shaolin in all of his demonstrations. Shi Yanzi to my knowledge is more focused on Sanda - his school teaches traditional Shaolin but they favour Sanda.

Yan Lei is more in the middle, he teaches a lot of Qi Gong and a lot of fighting techniques.

EDIT: I should mention that both fights on YouTube of Shi Yanzi were fixed.

that guy took a lot of damage, are you sure it was a fixed fight?

Back