The Golden Age of MMA

As a long time fan there is no golden age. Stuff sucked then and sucked now. There was great shit then and now. You guys are just little crybaby bitches who want instant gratification and act like Ingrates anytime you don't get it. You'll probably cry in 10 yrs that it isn't good like it is right now.

So keep talking about how shit is about money and wwe and shit,but it always was and always will be.

Golden age is 05-13 in my personal opinion.

One thing I thought I noticed that differed between Pride and the UFC is that Pride didn't penalized a fighter who lost but put on a great performance in that lost while a loss in the ufc is a loss unless DW feels the refs really fucked up like with Pearson vs Sanchez. Guys in the UFC, especially down, protect their rank and record. In Pride as long as you entertained you'd make money and get fights regardless of record.

2006 and 2007 were when things really became fun.

Golden age = affirmative

Golden age is 05-13 in my personal opinion.

One thing I thought I noticed that differed between Pride and the UFC is that Pride didn't penalized a fighter who lost but put on a great performance in that lost while a loss in the ufc is a loss unless DW feels the refs really fucked up like with Pearson vs Sanchez. Guys in the UFC, especially down, protect their rank and record. In Pride as long as you entertained you'd make money and get fights regardless of record.
Thats the difference between Japanese and American culture.

The golden age was precisely between 02-15 and anyone who tells you different doesnt know what they are talking about.

It ended with the downfall of Pride but we still had a few good years after where they went to the UFC. All remaining fighter individuality was removed in 2015 with the rebok deal.
I'd tighten it more. Like 2003 -2012 maybe 13

Ufc was great during the Pride era and when they got most of the Pride fighters

I guess sort of a resurgence when they got Strikeforce too but not quite at Pride level

To me the golden age was PRIDE at it's peak.

I find it weird when folks praise PRIDE and then complain fighters are PED cheats because they failed a USADA test as if back then everyone in PRIDE wasn't. It was even encouraged back then.

There also wasn't any of this lame weight bully nonsense. We had fighters like Wanderlei willing to compete in open weight grand prix where he fought heavyweights who were huge like Cro Cop and Hunt.

We wanted to see the best fight the best. No one cared about any of that noise.
Using steroids when they aren't against the rules isn't the same thing as using them when they are, and cheating to pass the tests. It's really weird to me that people don't get this.

2007-2014/2015.

There was only 1 major promotion in this era with the exception of like 1-2 years of Strikeforce being just as good.

Depends a lot on the division I would say, I think MW, LHW and HW peaked progressively earlier.

2002-2004

For me this was the peak period of MMA and their organizations.

I think pre-USADA mma was the best, you would see stuff you rarely do today. Nothing beats when we had GSP, Silva, Fedor, BJ, Jones all on runs at about the same time of each other.

Don't think it would be as fun if I had to wait all year to watch my favorite fighter fight like they do today. Back then fighting 3x a year was normal and even champs did it. I consider myself someone who keeps up with the sport and some cards have fighters I totally forgot were still in the UFC, there is less momentum today.

WW is right now.

Good memories of 2006-09 but 2002-2004ish was golden years imo. '05 was ok but tuf season 1 taints it...yuck.

PRIDE era, as any knowledgable MMA fan knows.

Golden Age of MMA and or the UFC is right here!!
0FEFFE67-86DF-4E03-91EE-C04961C23849.jpeg

Back