The greatest moral victories

Biggest PPV with the best good guy vs bad guy fight

391ad0_7e44d042e3eb48f7ac49e630f50dbb8d~mv2.gif

Kris Moutinho stock went all up despite losing to Suga Sean.
Guy showed a lot of heart and hell of a chin.

Yeah, definitely in my eyes too. Great example, bud! Though a lot of people on here seemed to just want to dismiss him as a can and just say Sean has no power, despite him having I don't know how many finishes. LOL

if you think yair-max is a moral victory, i'm afraid you don't know what a moral victory means

yair looked good in defeat, but there was nothing moral about his performance (or immoral about max's)

a moral victory in MMA might be something like anthony smith getting credit for finsihing the fight when jon jones kneed him illegally
or yan being seen as the moral victor when he gave an illegal knee to aljo and aljo quit

I think we all agree Rodriguez stock went up even though he lost a clear decision to Max. That's a good example of a moral victory. Perhaps the best.

Which ones can rival it?
Gus & Jon
Hendricks & GSP
Rua & Machida
Rory & Robbie

all the losers of big wars or controversial losses.

Last edited:
if you think yair-max is a moral victory, i'm afraid you don't know what a moral victory means

yair looked good in defeat, but there was nothing moral about his performance (or immoral about max's)

a moral victory in MMA might be something like anthony smith getting credit for finsihing the fight when jon jones kneed him illegally
or yan being seen as the moral victor when he gave an illegal knee to aljo and aljo quit
lmao at this guy. the moral victory police

I think you need to broaden your view on the ways in which a moral victory can be achieved. The way in which TS is using it is fine. An underdog proving his worth and that his approach is valid against one of the best in the world can be called a moral victory.

Lando Vannata (sp?) vs. Ferguson
Penn vs. Machida
Junior Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 (making it to the final bell) and 3 (breaking Velasquez' nose)

Faber vs Aldo. Faber surviving all those low kicks.

Back