The guy who beat TFerg+Poirier+Barboza fights tonight

Mortigan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I hope Michael Johnson can end his losing streak. That guy never gets enough credit around here. I like The Carpenter, but tonight my hope is that MJ knocks his block off in a 1 round blitz.

I agree he never gets the credit he deserves. Those close losses to Dariush and Diaz really hurt him with fans. Even after KTFO'ing Poirier.

He is never easy to beat, and I've always been a fan, even when he loses (a lot of) close ones. We need hard working and hard fighting and always hard to beat guys like him in the UFC, and fans don't appreciate them enough.

Prime Johnson was very good at his best. He should win tonight.

I agree he never gets the credit he deserves. Those close losses to Dariush and Diaz really hurt him with fans. Even after KTFO'ing Poirier.

He is never easy to beat, and I've always been a fan, even when he loses (a lot of) close ones. We need hard working and hard fighting and always hard to beat guys like him in the UFC, and fans don't appreciate them enough.
The Diaz fight wasn't close, he got clowned.

I saw a thread on Twitter about this recently too. Johnson easily probably has the most impressive trio of wins out of any fighter to never really break through in his career. Nearly added Gaethje to the list too. Guy is 3-8 in his last 11. Has the ability to pull of wins against guys of that caliber but can lose to Elkins or barely squeezing by guys like Fili and Artem Lobov. Strange career.

Michael Johnson an ultimate “what could’ve been” fighter. Met him once in Florida before his Poirer fight. Crazy how skinny his legs were.

I actually think he could’ve had a good career as a boxer.

poor kid bout to be wrestlefucked by the carpenter

The Diaz fight wasn't close, he got clowned.
When 2 out of 3 rounds were close and it goes the distance, I would call it close.

Mind you, I'm a bigger Diaz fan than I am a MJ fan. So I'm not being biased here. I gave Diaz 2 rounds, and he controlled most of the fight and all of the range. He had a great game plan and executed it well. But by no means would I call it "dominating" (or "clowned").

But I don't want to get into a semantics debate with you, so call it what you will. Enjoy the fights tonight, sir.

Last edited:
MJ is the best 19-16 fighter ever.

He also clipped gleison and beat Andre filli.
When MJ is on he is on. When hes off hes off hard though.

MJ is a weird guy, on a good day he could give a champion level fighter a hard time but could also lose to a scrub the next day.

If MJ can't catch old worn out Guida with a quick 1-2 within the first 30 seconds and end it then come on.

I hope Michael Johnson can end his losing streak. That guy never gets enough credit around here. I like The Carpenter, but tonight my hope is that MJ knocks his block off in a 1 round blitz.
Hes better than his record and results show.. he jus missomg that edge i guess to be a top fighter. His recent ko loss was in a fight he was domonating

DC needs to find MJ and tell him to get his shit together. I’ve never been more frustrated watching a fighter fight when watching MJ. Melvin Guillard is a close second.

He is a frontrunner, whose wrestling has regressed and whose striking, while powerful, seems to get less technical as the fight goes on. The blueprint to beat him is there - avoid the early blitz, drag him into deep waters, and then tempt him to brawl (which he won't be able to resist), and then work your own game plan.

It also doesn't help when for a considerable part of your time at the top of the sport, your coach is Hooft, who offers such sound advice as "get up, get up, get up, what are you doing" when his/your gameplan of 1st round KO doesn't work.

Johnson is a decent fighter, but I stopped rooting for him when he went way beyond acceptable shit talk and was calling Gaethje an inbred mutant born from his mother having sex with her brother and called him a piece of shit. While Johnson landed some good shots early, Johnson got beat down HARD by Gaethje. And Johnson totally deserved the beat down...Gaethje made Johnson look like a colossal asshole who couldn't back up his superior fighter talk on top of the incredibly rude insults...so much embarrassment heaped on top of the brutal beat-down. Apparently MJ misjudged the situation by a wide margin...

Back