The Haunting Of Hill House TV Series (Netflix)

Start watching this with the wifey last night. Got 2 episodes in.

I liked it to an extent - but not finding it amazing.. Especially considering how high the ratings are and how much people are raving about it... I really hope the horror / scares gets better because the tension and build up is fantastic.

One last thing, as I said, the show doesn't pull off too many cheap tricks, but I have to recognize one. There is this one jump scare they threw in there near the end(Ep 8 or 9 I think) that legitimately almost gave me a heart attack. If you've seen the whole show, I think you'll know which scene I'm talking about.

Yeah my wife lost her shit on that one. As you say the show rarely goes to jump scares so you grow to be pretty relaxed by that point and it really comes out of nowhere.

Finished it last night, i thought it was fantastic. The first truly great horror tv show imo.

Seems like a good show I'll add it to my watch list.

I thought they just jumbled the words from The House On Haunted Hill and tried to pass it off as something new.

I actually thought it was an adaptation of that as well.

Apparently its based on a novel from 1959 with that name. I'm not sure if there is any connection between the Vincent Price flick(and it's remakes), and the book at all. "The Haunting" movies were actually adapted from the book. From what I can tell, "The House On Haunted Hill" is separate from this. Although the original movie hit the same year as the book, so I doubt its all coincidence. Somebody had to playing off the other with the title.

The funeral episodes are depressing as fuck.

Dont watch them after a night of vodka..

Just finished the episode featuring Luke in it. I like how it tied into the present with him and Steve.

Finished it last night. Is there gonna be another season or is that it?

Gonna check this out. I watched both seasons of Slasher so this show probably won't have to do much to impress me.

Good looking out, TS.

May check this out even tho horror isn’t my thing. My girl digs this kind of stuff tho.

Start watching this with the wifey last night. Got 2 episodes in.

I liked it to an extent - but not finding it amazing.. Especially considering how high the ratings are and how much people are raving about it... I really hope the horror / scares gets better because the tension and build up is fantastic.

One of the things that always irritates me about horror related films is how so many people give almost everything a pass because, ya know, ‘horror’. I’ve had people claim some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen was the greatest horror film ever ‘zomg!!’.

So I’m always iffy with horror. A., I’m legit not into it and B. I can be such a film snob to begin with that I’m almost always a tough sell as is.

That said, imma roll the dice here because I don’t have a show currently now that the Better Call Saul season has ended

Brand new spooky Netflix original series. Full first season out. You guys heard of this? It's supposed to be AMAZING. People passing out and throwing up on themselves while watching and shit.

Please nonspoilers. I'm starting it tonight

There is a thread on this already, probably spoilers in there though so watch out
LINK

Just finished the episode featuring Luke in it. I like how it tied into the present with him and Steve.
We just finished that one too. Pretty good show up to this point. Hopefully they pick up present day now and get to the good bits. Im very much into the show but i want some frieghts lol

Also.... No titties at this point.

We just finished that one too. Pretty good show up to this point. Hopefully they pick up present day now and get to the good bits. Im very much into the show but i want some frieghts lol

Also.... No titties at this point.
I agree. I try to only watch one episode a night before bedtime.

Just started it. Thoroughly enjoying it.

It blows me away how Netflix can have great series like this and then just absolute garbage movies.

Show is well done, well acted and well written.

Also Carla Gugino is still damn hot.

I've only just realised that the actor who plays Steven Craine also plays Daario in Game Of Thrones.

Mind= blown.

Back