The impact of Nate Diaz' "everybody's on steroids" statement / MMA fans' faith in USADA

It's simple human nature. We will bend whatever rules we can, especially when our livelihoods and family wellbeing are on the line.

Serious question. Was this ever publicly explained or addressed?

Of course not. Dana knows they roid and is cool with it, heck he's also cool with people getting power slapped 20 x during a season of his new show.

Israel knows if they don't got proof he won't get touched and just cracked jokes like why you looking at my tity. Some said he smoked weed and it grew his tity.

Steroids dude, that's what pro athletes do.

All I know is, if Roy fought Conor, Conor would have a 2" reach advantage
UFC146_Weighins_49.jpg

I guess short arms mean power. 145 vs open weight vs all man and not hiding behind categories and weigh ins but making p4p claims.

Beastiality legal over on that inferior continent?

Europe and America are close allies.

White Americans literary are of the European race that's where you daddy came from. You are 100% European by blood.

Even before USADA I think it's a pretty fair statement to suggest that most athletes are still proactively cheating in the Olympics. So it isn't surprising with fighters still being on it

Nate "I also got flagged for a banned substance but expect and demand to be absolved of wrong doing while I slander everyone else even if they're clean" diaz. Who frekkin cares what Nate Diaz has to say. Guy is a dial tone.

Nate "I also got flagged for a banned substance but expect and demand to be absolved of wrong doing while I slander everyone else even if they're clean" diaz. Who frekkin cares what Nate Diaz has to say. Guy is a dial tone.
Nate has the advantage of people thinking that only athletes with God-like physiques are taking PEDs.

Tom Brady, for example, is somebody that gets a pass for aging at a level that had never been seen, despite having multiple cheating scandals on his resume. Why? Partly because he doesn’t look like The Rock.

It looks like people take his word for it and parrot it blindly whenever a PED/steroids discussion is brought up. MMA also seems to be the only sport where most "fans" don't really care about who has cheated and who hasn't. The only sport where people declare a fighter like Jon Jones the GOAT even though he's been caught for steroids multiple times. So effectively, they're stating a cheater is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. I can't think of any other sport where its fans generally don't give a shit.

Why do MMA fans have this blind spot? USADA isn't called MMADA for a reason, they're enforcing regulations in other sports aswell, where there's a much bigger negative stigma for PED users. It's baffling to me and the only two reasons I can think of is that the majority of people just parrot Diaz, and/or are influenced by PRIDE back in the days, where juicing was "legal".

I'm aware there's still workarounds and designer steroids that USADA hasn't figured out how to trace yet, but I just don't believe these are accessible for any athlete if they're even willing to take them.

@mods perhaps one of you could add a poll with the question "Do you trust USADA to do their job correctly"?
No you have it wrong, MMA is the only sport where there are fans still delusional enough to think guys are clean.

USADA or WADA has literally never tested someone positive for HGH and it’s probably the most common PED around for MMA. HGH is very easy to purchase, it’s not some secret designer drug, you can buy it off of plenty of Chinese websites. The amateur guys are all doing it so you know the pros are.

USADA is obviously a net positive to the sport being overall cleaner in that there's wider drugs tested, smarter testing, random tests, etc., but I honestly do not understand how anybody thinks they're not lowkey waving through things still. A simple cursory glance at their rulings shows they do it all the time.

Like, Bobby Green, while high as a fucking kite, flat out said USADA told him he'd tested positive for testosterone and then ASKED HIM what he'd been taking recently to try and find an excuse for him. Once he mentioned DHEA they said okay, turned around and announced he'd tested positive for "an anabolic agent" and not testosterone, and that because of his explanation they were only giving him 6 months instead of 2 years. Even though DHEA wouldn't cause you to fail for actual testosterone which is what they privately told him he'd failed for. And when DHEA is itself detectable in these tests and you would fail for that in its own right.

Like Jesus Christ. How does anybody sit here and think this is legitimate and unbiased testing?

Back