The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are gonna merge every thread with Jake in the title in one megatrash, we'll be better of not even starting one.

Paul has skills and is fairly large and isn't really drug tested. He's putting in the work and can box. He's still learning and a novice and is under the biggest lens of public. He isn't ready for real pro boxers, and the ones he's ready for, journey men with losing records, no one will pay to watch. The fact he was taking a Tommy Fury fight was a big step up.

Woodley got embarrassed. Sure. It's a different sport though and MMA fans are the worst anyways lol. The ones who made Conor their biggest star based off racism and xenophobia
"based off racism and xenophobia"

God just shut up lol.

It isn't surprising, seeing how we already saw the fight, and things weren't going to be too different in the rematch. The customer base for this kind of thing is good at streaming, I would imagine. Jake needs interesting opponents to sell. Also, the longer he fights, the more he is a boxer, and less of a "Youtuber," which is where his juice comes from. His customer base is fickle, and wants to see people like them doing things that people like them don't do.

Masvidals biggest moment was knocking out Till, who was this new breed scouser boxer.

Probably 190 Masv 210 Jake. In boxing size doesn't matter. Tyson was 5.10", 205lbs. In boxing you can utilize both bigs size (klitchko) or small size(tyson).

Manny Paquaio isn't beating prime George Foreman. Weight classes exist for a reason. They aren't height classes.

It isn't surprising, seeing how we already saw the fight, and things weren't going to be too different in the rematch. The customer base for this kind of thing is good at streaming, I would imagine. Jake needs interesting opponents to sell. Also, the longer he fights, the more he is a boxer, and less of a "Youtuber," which is where his juice comes from. His customer base is fickle, and wants to see people like them doing things that people like them don't do.
Dana should book him vs CM Punk, who is now as popular as ever back in Wrestling....

Dana should book him vs CM Punk, who is now as popular as ever back in Wrestling....
I guess. People will watch any of these fake personality types. I don't follow wrestling, so I don't know about it, but I don't care for Phil Brooks. I'm sure it would sell, but Jake is mostly trolling Dana. Dana can't meet his terms for a fight.

Manny Paquaio isn't beating prime George Foreman. Weight classes exist for a reason. They aren't height classes.
No, but 5'10", 205 Tyson (wtihout weighcut) is beating all the HWs that ever existed and only gets beaten by few. Tyson was a midget in the world of SHW boxers. He turned his size disadvantage into advantage.

“Some people are asking about my 2022 goals, wrote Paul. “Here they are:
1. Buy Mayweather Promotions and save them from bankruptcy
2. Hire stylist for Floyd Mayweather
3. Take selfie with Oprah
4. Go [to] chiropractor [to] heal back from carrying the sport of boxing.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Is Mayweather Promotions in trouble?
What happened to the The Money Team : TMT Promotions (50 Cent with Floyd Mayweather Jr.)?
I thought Mayweather Promotions has fighter sharing deal with Golden Boy Promotions (Oscar De La Hoya)?

"based off racism and xenophobia"

God just shut up lol.
Because he didn't tell a black man to "dance for him" and called him 'boy' and didn't call Diaz a "cholo gangster" and didn't refer to Siver as a Nazi? He didn't talk about turning the homes of former enslaved Africans back into sweatshops in Brazil? Didn't refer to a Muslim woman as a Towel? If he didn't have the accent and was American he'd be dragged a lot more.

If you wanting to claim you're 1/16th Irish and slam proper 12 while ignoring how your hero used rhetoric to get famous, have fun with it

Last edited:

Do you think Jake Paul will eventually fight in MMA and if so, which organization?

Jake Paul might be a over paid douche bag but he's not an idiot
Guys a genius and making millions and cashing in. I'd love to see him get mauled in mma. Aint happening

Hes just a product of his environment

He can probably beat a lot of people out of the top 15 in UFC. He was pretty good at wrestling, probably better than he was at striking.

Probably Bellator. Maybe somebody smartened him to the idea that the best way to raise the ship of fighter pay is to bring attention to other orgs and create more legitimate competition. Plus he's working with Showtime sports not to mention it's up Coker's alley.

Of course he probably won't do MMA at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back