News *** The Jake Paul v Nate Diaz Official Discussion Mega Thread ***

Who wins?

• Total voters
Fuck it might as well add the other things.

Scammed millions of his followers into donating money to a crypto scam that he still promises is on the way, but we all know it won't be.

Jumped in a river that the locals of Italy told him not too, but he did it anyway because lulz I guess.

Played a practical joke on his followers, where it looked like he was shot from behind with a shotgun.

Adopted a kettle pig(?). Sold it to a pos that abused it, after it got too big for UWU purposes. Pig was later found abandoned by animal control. Pig good now.

Had a kissing contest with his dad and his friends, where his female friends put blindfolds on and everyone took turns kissing them to see who was the best. Keep in mind his dad is like making out with barely legal women. It's legal but still gross honestly, not to mention he's married.

And I think there was some weird incestuous crap with him and his mom. I have to deep dive on that story, but it was something along the lines, in his videos, he would always get compliments from his mom whenever he'd be shirtless. That family was fucking weird even before the money
The saddest part of all this is nobody cares or calls him out enough to make an difference, and he continues to make millions. That crypto zoo scam he did was bad

The saddest part of all this is nobody cares or calls him out enough to make an difference, and he continues to make millions. That crypto zoo scam he did was bad
Oh yeah, I'm surprised none of his investors put a hit on him.

No he's a sloppy, slappy walking noodle, with long noodle arms he lazily and un-techniquely just flaps and pushes in your face - inconsistently, with no form, no power, no combinations... just intermittent, random and then likes to defend opponents' punches with his face. Which isn't going to work out too well with Jake's right hand.

Yes, Nate is sloppy, but when you say he just eats punches to the face with no defense, is actually misleading.

The reason Nate (and Nick) appear to take a lot of damage is because most the time they roll with the punches. Nate especially since he's tall, has a habit of leaning over and sticking his chin out, but when the punches start coming he takes the sting and power out of them by rolling his head and/or turning his neck with the punch while pivoting backwards with his waist. Anderson Silva used to do this all the time until he got caught by Weidman in that first KO. When the KO happened, Silva tried bobbing and weaving by leaning back at the waist, but unfortunately his feet were parallel and his range of movement was diminished. Chis then stepped in to a punch and Silva was unable to completely avoid it - he was in the process of avoiding it, but as stated his feet were parallel so his range of movement didn't allow him to completely get out of the way.

Of course they still get hit squarely, but what I am saying is there is some defense there that looks misleading.

I don't know much about Nate, because he appears awkward and sloppy to me with his offensive boxing, but Nick I know for sure used to change the power of his strikes all the time - ie., he peppers guys with 20-50% power for several minutes and then unloads something stronger to do more damage once his opponent is worn out. This is one of the big reasons he was able to preserve his stamina for an entire fight.

The other thing is both Diaz brothers have a lot of scar tissue, and cut easily with the smaller MMA gloves. The bloody faces definitely make it look like more damage is being done to them than is really happening.

I'm not saying the Diaz brothers were GOAT fighters or anything, but they learned to work with what they had and had some good success. All I'm trying to say is the Diaz brothers are more deceptive than you think. Nate and Nick both look like weak arm punchers, but when you're standing across the ring from them taking those peppering shots over and over and over again without being able to take a breather, it's harder to do than you think.

I really believe the reason Nate lost against Paul is the 3 minute rounds. Don't get me wrong, Paul won that bout fair and square, but during the last half of the fight there were several instances where Paul started to look winded while Nate poured it on in his smothering style. But Paul immediately gets a breather and is able to catch his breath after 3 minutes. Had the rounds been 5 minutes, like in MMA, there is a good possibility that Jake gets smothered by Nate, and like Conor, just gets too exhausted to continue. Plus the fact that Nate is almost 40yo, hasn't fought in a few years, and it is highly doubtful that he trains as hard as he used to, it's really a tailor made fight for Paul, who I was impressed by. His punches were crisp and he showed good movement in the ring. The fact that he's only been boxing for 3 years, albeit he is rich enough that he was able to afford to spend all day every day developing himself, is pretty amazing.

Back