The James Bond movies..

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I feel like i am the only one who hates them. Why is that? I think they are all horrible. If they where made to be stupid parody movies like hot shots, i could see the point. But they are supose to be serious. and that make them even worse.

Daniel Craig made the last movies watchable. But its only because the action got a little better. After Daniel Craig become Bond, there are at least some cool borune/taken style fighting scenes. But the rest is still boring and just too dumb..

Am i the only one?

Tell me whats so great about them.

If you cannot see the simple joy in building your secret villain hideout-fortress inside a dormant volcano... then I cannot help you.

Good that you got this thread in before they cast a black Bond though TS

2613446_o.gif

The last 3 or 4 of the Moore Bond movies fit your description pretty closely but the rest were really good imo.

im the only person i know that hasn't ever seen a single james bond flick. i guess im not missing anything.

also inb4 jester

It's hilarious watching the old Bond movies and how bad they are. However, it's James Bond. I think people can gloss over the bad movie part.

I'm the same way, ts. Thought I was the only one. I could never get in to ANY of them.

Jason Bourne on the other hand, those movies were awesome. I guess because they seem like they're a little more grounded in reality.

IMO about half of them are terrible and the other half (all pre 1970 Bond films, The Spy who Loved Me, Goldeneye, and all Craig ones not name Quantum of Solace) are very good. Most of the Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan movies are way too tongue in cheek and goofy and the Dalton movies took themselves TOO seriously.

Best series ever. Bourne was overrated shit. Maybe with an asian or black bond ts would change his mind in a heart beat... brosnans goldeneye was the Best ever.

classics yo. obviously movies not supposed to be realistic. theyre entertaining for wat theyre worth. ur supposed to sit back/relax and enjoy the show. and not nitpick every plothole, contrived device, & realism

Last edited:
Some of them kind of suck, some of them are decent entertainment. Nothing special.

classics yo. obviously movies not supposed to be realistic. theyre entertaining for wat theyre worth. ur supposed to sit back/relax and enjoy the show. and nitpick every plothole, contrived device, & realism

I dont. enjoy many movies that are not realistic. Thats not the point at all.

brosnans goldeneye was the Best ever.

Yeah ironically I didn't like any of the Brosnan ones other than Goldeneye, but then I thought Goldneye was one of the best Bond films ever

Daniel Craig films are good as they've taken a modern turn, but the Connery films still have a classic feel about them

The Roger Moore films are a complete joke and ruined the series' reputation, that I feel Goldeneye managed to fix. Some of the Moore films were in fact intended to be VERY jokey, like the one (I can't remember what it's called) where at the end there's a lady that plays Margaret Thatcher and she phones James Bond to thank him and some parrot is talking on the phone to her, then some bloke hovers in the background making stupid faces pretending to be her husband - that was an all time low for the series

That was For Your Eyes Only.

I like most Bond films. I'd watch them over anything with that tool Matt Damon starring in it.

The Bourne trilogy is so much better... just elite movies.

And best Bond film I've ever seen is Skyfall. I know that isn't a popular opinion among Bond fans because it's new and not yet a classic

Back