The JRE Podcast 3.0: More Kettle Bells Edition

I think Duncan Trussel might be my favorite recurring guest. Dude has some smart, albeit sometimes goofy, ideas. He's very entertaining to listen to and he's also funny to boot. Always get excited when I see that he's been on the show.

Gavin freaks a bit on Joe saying fracking poisoning wells is a rarity and shouldn't base opinions on that.

Next topic basis his opinion against gay marriages on his one interaction with one gay couple.

Didn't listen much longer, his arguments didn't seem very insightful.

I think Duncan Trussel might be my favorite recurring guest. Dude has some smart, albeit sometimes goofy, ideas. He's very entertaining to listen to and he's also funny to boot. Always get excited when I see that he's been on the show.

Do you listen to the Duncan Trussel Family Hour?

I like how Joe thinks it's possible that if infinity exists every situation has not only happened somewhere else, but every different aspect about has happened in every way you can think of. But he doesn't think a random letter generator could write a book. Explain that one to me.
Joe wasn't explaining what he personally thinks, he was explaining the definition of infinity. Something clearly missed by this Mcinnes guy, and apparently you...

TOMORROW, 10am pst.

JRE_Graham_Randall_Working_Final.jpg

giphy.gif

bout to go live

https://www.youtube.com/c/powerfuljre/live

Ive been binge listening to the podcast from the beginning and I really like it a lot, it helps my train rides go by real quick. But two things that bother the hell out of me is every time someone suggests psychedelics might not be as life changing as Rogan suggests he acts like they are an idiot. When Brian said that he felt that mushrooms only inspired his paintings and didnt change his life, Joe just couldn't accept that not everyone has to (or wants to) have an epiphany after every trip.

The other thing that bothers me is when Rogan goes into hyper-descriptive mode when talking about something like his moms meatballs or a chimps muscles or Aldo's legkicks. It's like he goes on 2 minute tangents sexually describing random shit with every adjective he can think of. Ive never heard anyone talk like this its so unnatural and awkward I just fast forward 2 minutes and hes still sexually describing his moms meatballs like an erotic story. I'm assuming he thinks this is funny???

Regardless of those two pet peeves I think his podcasts are badass and Im grateful to Schaub for getting KTFO and having "the talk" to introduce me to the JRE.

Ive seen some recent podcasts and the first 50 so far, when do they stop getting sponsored by the fleshlight and why lol?

Joe wasn't explaining what he personally thinks, he was explaining the definition of infinity. Something clearly missed by this Mcinnes guy, and apparently you...

Ok, so one he said is theoretically possible, but we don't know. The other one is not true. A random text generator given an infinite amount of time can't write a book. Why are both not theoretically possible?

Have to wait for tomorrow to get this one, but really looking forward to it.

Hopefully one day Joe will have on Matt & Trey from SP. That would be a fantastic show.

i really like duncan trussel on the show too. dudes funny and also has some kinda cool ideas goin on in his brain. he keeps quoting epigenetics like its fuckin magic. its just the passing of traits to offspring through changes that are not directly related to the dna code. passing down traits through dna or post-translational modifications is a far stretch from passing down direct memories to your offspring.

Came here to say this. I enjoyed Dr. Hill's insights and knowledge about the mind and addiction, but damn, even he isn't immune to being indoctrinated into bullshit.

"Sure, but I wouldn't let that guy tackle me. I just wouldn't have been there." :rolleyes:

when he justified his choice of martial arts because he landed well in a bike crash... omg.

I miss when Joe and redban used to answer questions from the ustream comments section

This would've been much better without Hinchcliff in it.

Hell yeah, that dude was irritating the fuck out of me. First off, he sounds like a complete fruit. Secondly, when he compared watching Ronda get KO'd to watching the twin towers fall, even Joe started laughing at how fucking stupid of a statement that was. I wanted to punch him in his stupid fruit mouth. Then he'd go on these long-winded statements where NOBODY listening gave a fuck and just wanted him to sit there and shut the fuck up and be quiet like a good boy.

I like how Joe thinks it's possible that if infinity exists every situation has not only happened somewhere else, but every different aspect about has happened in every way you can think of. But he doesn't think a random letter generator could write a book. Explain that one to me.

hes a pothead

[YT]aDejwCGdUV8[/YT]

He seems intelligent in ways. And he seems confident. But he doesn't seem to make great arguments. The worst was probably drunk driving isn't a problem and if we legalized it people would control themselves and it'd be ok. That's dumb as fuck. I fully believe in legalizing drugs. But don't bring others into your game. You want to drive drunk? You deserve harsh punishments. You directly put others in harms way. Then saying teachers make 60$ an hour. What a crock of shit. That's why people are rushing to get lucrative teaching jobs? Gtfo. Maybe in some rich new York city school, but in the rest of the u.s it's not like that. His views on blacks were stupid. "Well my dad was poor and he turned out alright!" It's just absurdly stupid.

He did have some points though. Joe didn't seem to understand the infinity part.

It's not a good argument because it's hard to prove but I completely agree with his views on women in the workplace.

I don't doubt there are some teachers who have been teaching for decades who make "$60 an hour" if you remember they're only working 9 months out of the year and assume they only work 40 hours a week (which isn't true).

[YT]aDejwCGdUV8[/YT]

as expected...awesome 3 hours...should have done more.

Watching Joe go from high as fuck to immediately sobering up...gold. Happened about the moment Graham explained how the impact event set basically the entirety of north america on fire. I laughed.

There was still a contradiction in Joe's argument.

This was an interesting one because Joe had a guest that was constantly challenging his views. You could see the bully in Joe start to come out a bit, especially when he started talking about choking the guy with his own tie.

[YT]S_hS-JXoTMk[/YT]

Can't wait to have a chance to listen to this one. I love this woman.

Barnett's story seems more believable than John Wayne Parr's, but I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Joe got trolled by gavin so hard
His debate skills got exposed

i feel like jwp just kind of said it as like a little comment, not really sayin he was beatin up barnett. barnett sounds like he remembers their encounter very clearly, but i wouldnt be surprised if barnetts coach actually said something along those lines to jwp as just kind of a joke.

There was still a contradiction in Joe's argument.

This was an interesting one because Joe had a guest that was constantly challenging his views. You could see the bully in Joe start to come out a bit, especially when he started talking about choking the guy with his own tie.

Yeah, that was a total wtf moment.

I wish that woman was the face of feminism. She was amazing.

Came in here to talk about catching up on Duncan's episodes. Nice to see others appreciate him too. He definitely is one of my favourite guests. I didn't appreciate his madness when I first start listening, now this last 2 years I've learned to love it.

He's definitely wrong on that one, considering it has basically already been done.

Enter the Library of Babel: https://libraryofbabel.info/

The Library of Babel is a place for scholars to do research, for artists and writers to seek inspiration, for anyone with curiosity or a sense of humor to reflect on the weirdness of existence - in short, it’s just like any other library. If completed, it would contain every possible combination of 1,312,000 characters, including lower case letters, space, comma, and period. Thus, it would contain every book that ever has been written, and every book that ever could be - including every play, every song, every scientific paper, every legal decision, every constitution, every piece of scripture, and so on. At present it contains all possible pages of 3200 characters, about 10^4677 books.

lol at Mike O’Hearn not being on juice. Bitch please

[YT]Np0jGp6442A[/YT]

Epic podcast. They sound hyped to do more. I'd be quite happy with at least once a month.

Joe's mind was depleted by the end there. He couldn't grasp "ground penetrating radar" and kept focusing on the picture as if it was the evidence when talking about the buried pyramid in Indonesia.

Came in here to talk about catching up on Duncan's episodes. Nice to see others appreciate him too. He definitely is one of my favourite guests. I didn't appreciate his madness when I first start listening, now this last 2 years I've learned to love it.

The Duncan Trussel Family Hour is too much for me. I feel like he's more subdued on the JRE.

Could not watch episode 725. Sounded too much like a college lecture and I got bored.

Christina Sommers episode was great though.

Duncan has some really weird guests on sometimes. But when he's got great guests it's a great show. I like his podcasts because Duncan has such a great ability to make very unique and accurate comparisons. Really makes you view things in New ways.

I am enjoying the Wim Hof podcast partially because Wim is awesome, partially because Rogan let's him speak, lol.

I am enjoying this one a lot. Good stuff.:)

How can you lose interest hearing about north America being lit on fire, the majority of major mammals dying, humans in N.A. being wiped out for the most part. Ancient advanced civilizations going back far longer than archeologists ever believed. I could listen to those guys for 10 hours easy.

I listen to virtually every episode of JRE. My secret is that I watch them on Youtube at 1.5 or 2x normal speed. You don't really miss anything, and you get to listen to them a lot quicker.

I recently started noticing something that's really killing me. Joe starts on a topic, then he get's sidetracked, and doesn't finish the point he was going to make. He does this dozens of times, over and over in many podcasts. He's on one topic, he goes on a tangent, and they never return.

I get it's a conversation and all that, but my OCD is breaking me. Anyone ever notice this?

How can you lose interest hearing about north America being lit on fire, the majority of major mammals dying, humans in N.A. being wiped out for the most part. Ancient advanced civilizations going back far longer than archeologists ever believed. I could listen to those guys for 10 hours easy.

Fuckin casuals

Love Les Stroud. Joe came off as kind of a dick to him at times. However, I do realize they were drinking and doing this at 1 in the morning. And it was about bigfoot lol.

[YT]16J-lCSSMVA&feature=youtu.be&a[/YT]

You would have to not have a pulse to not be interested in this stuff.

I listen to virtually every episode of JRE. My secret is that I watch them on Youtube at 1.5 or 2x normal speed. You don't really miss anything, and you get to listen to them a lot quicker.

I recently started noticing something that's really killing me. Joe starts on a topic, then he get's sidetracked, and doesn't finish the point he was going to make. He does this dozens of times, over and over in many podcasts. He's on one topic, he goes on a tangent, and they never return.

I get it's a conversation and all that, but my OCD is breaking me. Anyone ever notice this?

I think they get BBQ'd before and during. Pretty understandable for them to go on tangents

^Steve-O is awesome and hilarious.

edit- ugh, Rogan is being a know-it-all again.

[YT]6aA50THi-VI[/YT]

Love Les Stroud. Joe came off as kind of a dick to him at times. However, I do realize they were drinking and doing this at 1 in the morning. And it was about bigfoot lol.

i cant say i like les stroud from the podcast, but damn joe was bein a real dick, especially is stroud is his friend. he tried like 10x to get him to say he doesnt believe in big foot, which is clearly something that would affect him negatively in terms of money. i dont get why joe would do that to a friend MULTIPLE times and if thats what he wanted to do, why even have him on the podcast.

Not sure I can listen to that voice for 3 hours.

It sounds like he has a cheese grater stuck in his throat.

The whole concept of humankind coming to a high level of civilization, then getting whiped out and having to start from scratch to become us is mind blowing.

Humans existing as long as 150,000 years ago is mind blowing as well.

Back