The key to beat alex pereira handily is pretty easy

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
Pressure + fighting inside+ take down
First all I'm not a hater of this guy I just think he is not proven as an mma fighter, he just beat a couple of bums and uber drivers.. Sean strickland is a legit win but guy fought in a very stupid way
I think the best way to beat this guy is to put pressure, put him against the fence cain velasquez style and box the shit out of him in close distance body shots dirty boxing elbows, hit the body, he can't generate too much power in his shots when in clinch then take him down, He is long so I dont think he is good fighting inside, also he cuts a lot of weight and doesnt seem to be that strong pysically.
Everyone here know that the ufc put this guy favorable matchups to fast track a title fight vs adesanya

Last edited:
You may be right but that’s not how Izzy fights. IIRC the reason why Izzy lost to Alex in kickboxing was because he got caught in a firefight and was put down. While they were exchanging at range Izzy was winning those fights.

Pressure + fighting inside+ take down
First all I'm not a hater of this guy I just think he is not proven as an mma fighter, he just beat a couple of bums and uber drivers.. Sean strickland is a legit win but guy fought in a very stupid way
I think the best way to beat this guy is to put pressure, put him against the fence cain velasquez style and box the shit out of him in close distance body shots dirty boxing elbows then take him down, He is long so I dont think he is good fighting inside, also he cuts a lot of weight and doesnt seem to be that strong pysically.
Everyone here know that the ufc put this guy favorable matchups to fast track a title fight vs adesanya

Israel is not that strong either, and it is not his style to do that.
So maybe Vettori (if he beats WHittaker) will be a real test, but don't forget Alex is training with Glover, who loves to do just that.

I think that Izzy knows how to box with this guy. Also, he boxes pretty well from the inside. In fact, he typically knocks out his opponents with his left hook when they come in on him.

The smartest thing to do is take him down. Even if a takedown fails, it gets him to put his hands down.

Holyfield beat the fuck out of Tyson inside

Lennox and Bowe beat up all the short guys they faced on the inside, same with Fury

In MMA Jones is probably the best clinch fighter we've seen
yeah the headbutt master using his head, without ref intervention also he was 6ft 1 / 6'2 not that tall. Bowe was excellent and one of the very few tall guys who could box very well inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back