Crime The killing of Dexter Reed. The new George Floyd? "He was just riding around in his car, and they killed him"

Here is a prime example of how the Fake News does it's reporting. They all know what happened, and they even sneak in at the end that a cop was shot at the traffic stop.

And the cop that was shot was also Black. Where is the outrage?

Trump 101.They learned from the best liar!

all these posts and nobody is going to point out that "Dexter Reed" was kenan's character in goodburgers 1 and 2? come on son

IDK, I thought it was interesting. Anyway, RIP or whatever but you guys should watch goodburger 2, it is actually pretty good for a sequel 20 years after the fact

You heard it here. It was the cop's fault that they pulled a guy over for a seatbelt violation.

I got pulled over in Ohio on my way back from Michigan back in 2010 for a seatbelt violation, and I didn't have a shoot-out with the police. I paid the $90 fine.
You wouldn’t have had to pay your fine if you emptied your mag on the officer

You heard it here. It was the cop's fault that they pulled a guy over for a seatbelt violation.

I got pulled over in Ohio on my way back from Michigan back in 2010 for a seatbelt violation, and I didn't have a shoot-out with the police. I paid the $90 fine.

What did the Cop look like? Was he wearing some kind of uniform? Perhaps some identifying thing high on his chest that identifies that he IS even a police officer? HOW did he pull you over? Did he have a vehicle that appeared official in its capacity to indicate that you should stop driving? I'm going to go ahead and pose that you were quite aware the Cop was a Cop from the time the lights came on because the Cop was wearing everything standard to indicate it was a Cop.

Plain clothes "task force" officers making basic traffic stops over seat belts. I mean what could go wrong?

Oh yeah, plain clothes task force officers have a bad habit of f*cking up average citizens. Obviously one should always "just comply" any time some dudes with baseball caps and regular outfits on get out of a regular car, point guns, and bark orders at me because I may not have been wearing a seat belt. Oh but...

"However, early Tuesday evening, CBS 2 obtained a letter issued by Kersten to police Supt. Larry Snelling – in which she wrote that "the available evidence calls into question the veracity" of the claim that a seat belt violation was the initial reason for pulling over Reed.

"Specifically, COPA is uncertain how the officers could have seen this seat belt violation given their location relative to [the] vehicle and the dark tints on vehicle windows," Kersten wrote in the letter on April 1. "This evidence raises serious concerns about the validity of the traffic stop that led to the officers' encounter [Reed]."

And it looks like this unit is already under COPA investigation:

"The letter added that COPA had another investigation open for a traffic stop involving the same five officers, which occurred less than a month earlier and was also purported to be based on a seat belt violation."

Shooting at them was pretty nuts because of the sheer tactical disadvantage, granted he DIDN'T believe they were Cops (or see their badges until it was too late), it was still a poor decision. That said, this entire encounter stinks of these guys targeting certain citizens for whatever reason.

I am somewhat glad my city disallowed 'pretextual stops' for many non moving violation as well as not using change of lane/turn signal.

However typically when a traffic stop is affected, red and blue lights are shined even in unmarked police vehicles, police still must identify themselves, and give proper orders.

Watching the video, you can see unmarked SUV with blue lights in operation. The video doesn't provide all the details in that clip but I imagine the female officer likely identified herself as a police officer if it wasn't already super obvious.

There's almost no way you could reasonably see those unmarked units, those officers, etc and conclude it was a carjacking or rival gang members, etc....there's no way to support the guy after what happened here....

Also depending on what this was, it's also possible they were conducting some type of operation(e.g. staking out a house/area/etc) and didn't even need the seatbelt violation even though it just made the traffic stop that much easier.

I am somewhat glad my city disallowed 'pretextual stops' for many non moving violation as well as not using change of lane/turn signal.

However typically when a traffic stop is affected, red and blue lights are shined even in unmarked police vehicles, police still must identify themselves, and give proper orders.

Watching the video, you can see unmarked SUV with blue lights in operation. The video doesn't provide all the details in that clip but I imagine the female officer likely identified herself as a police officer if it wasn't already super obvious.

There's almost no way you could reasonably see those unmarked units, those officers, etc and conclude it was a carjacking or rival gang members, etc....there's no way to support the guy after what happened here....

Also depending on what this was, it's also possible they were conducting some type of operation(e.g. staking out a house/area/etc) and didn't even need the seatbelt violation even though it just made the traffic stop that much easier.

As of right now I haven't seen anything on what the initial contact was like, and depending on when the bodycams were activated or who all had them on, we may never know what the initial contact was like outside of the Police testimony. I can agree that more information is needed, but it's also funny how the "let's wait until we know more" crowd has already concluded on this incident. And even if the initial contact absolves the officers in that they identified themselves before it escalated, there is still the question of why a specialized unit is doing these kinds of traffic stops, or were they targeting this guy specifically. Just seems unusual and these kinds of units have horrible reputations across the board.

As of right now I haven't seen anything on what the initial contact was like, and depending on when the bodycams were activated or who all had them on, we may never know what the initial contact was like outside of the Police testimony. I can agree that more information is needed, but it's also funny how the "let's wait until we know more" crowd has already concluded on this incident. And even if the initial contact absolves the officers in that they identified themselves before it escalated, there is still the question of why a specialized unit is doing these kinds of traffic stops, or were they targeting this guy specifically. Just seems unusual and these kinds of units have horrible reputations across the board.
I think I have established myself as one of, if not the biggest cop hater in here. However, you coming to this dudes defense is a leap even I can't make. I would not even get on @nhbbear if he defended the cops here

What did the Cop look like? Was he wearing some kind of uniform? Perhaps some identifying thing high on his chest that identifies that he IS even a police officer? HOW did he pull you over? Did he have a vehicle that appeared official in its capacity to indicate that you should stop driving? I'm going to go ahead and pose that you were quite aware the Cop was a Cop from the time the lights came on because the Cop was wearing everything standard to indicate it was a Cop.

The attempt to put the blame on the cop is pathetically hilarious.

Ever look up the gun laws that justify pointing a gun at another person? Or even pointing a gun at a policeman? There actually have been circumstances with complete miscommunication between cops and citizens that the courts later justified the citizen firing upon the cops.

Your argument would be significantly more credible if you'd stop asking random questions and look up the law in this case and justify for yourself if the cop, or the departed young man, was legally justified.

It has become a monetarized thing so everyone will play the victim card, justified or not. This is not it but I imagine early fall they will find a local story somehwere of a unjustified shooting and activiate BLM just in time for the election.

The attempt to put the blame on the cop is pathetically hilarious.

Ever look up the gun laws that justify pointing a gun at another person? Or even pointing a gun at a policeman? There actually have been circumstances with complete miscommunication between cops and citizens that the courts later justified the citizen firing upon the cops.

Your argument would be significantly more credible if you'd stop asking random questions and look up the law in this case and justify for yourself if the cop, or the departed young man, was legally justified.
You can't take Queen Bee seriously, no matter how hard he tries.

It is an election year, I’m surprised there hasn’t been a George Floyd type, psy-op incident yet.

You are overly focused on the whatever petty violation they used as a pretense to pull him over. Maybe that's relevant but very likely it's not.

I had a situation years ago where we staked out an adult guy known to abuse a 17 year old(pimping her out). I ended up pulling him over for double parking. However clearly I wasn't really detaining him for the double parking and putting him in handcuffs just for that. It helps the cops not to tip their hand. "We are detaining you for a seatbelt(or even better "investigation") violation and we're placing you in handcuffs for our safety however you're as of now not under arrest". Then eventually you book the guy, read him his rights, offer to take a statement, maybe use interrogation techniques if they are willing to talk, etc.

It's very possible these officers were staking out trap houses and this guy came from there. They could have arrested him before he got in the car but decided not to tip their hand.

Time will tell as more info comes out but reacting like this is not normal. Normally at worst it's a foot chase or vehicle pursuit where the person tries to ditch the gun. It's insane to start shooting at cops the way he did. Even if we forget that this was an illegal gun possession case or even dealing with gun enhancement, shooting at cops makes no sense here. It's very possible this was a prearranged drug buy which could explain why he was so jumpy, had a gun, etc.

Back