Crime The killing of Dexter Reed. The new George Floyd? "He was just riding around in his car, and they killed him"

damn those gunshots sounded like when my popcorn in the microwave is going off. Hopefully the tax payers dont get stiffed again for a dumbass getting himself killed.
Yeah it’s fine that they shot back and killed them, but one might question the insane 100 round response there. They should probably evaluate it and make sure these cops didn’t needless endanger others by hosing the whole damn area

You're full of shit. It has been all over the mainstream news.

The reason why the Liberal media outlets try and spread fake news like this is because they know that YOU are a sucker, and YOU will help promote the fake stories.
Go visit the cop shooting thread @nhbbear made and you'll see that I am almost always pro cop. I watched the body cam videos of this on youtube two days ago and didn't think anything of it. Guy shoots at cops and gets killed, not much of a story to me. Other than links posted here I haven't seen anything on this shooting, but I don't live in Chicago. I find it funny though that you say that I am promoting the fake stories when you are the one who started this thread.

Go visit the cop shooting thread @nhbbear made and you'll see that I am almost always pro cop. I watched the body cam videos of this on youtube two days ago and didn't think anything of it. Guy shoots at cops and gets killed, not much of a story to me. Other than links posted here I haven't seen anything on this shooting, but I don't live in Chicago. I find it funny though that you say that I am promoting the fake stories when you are the one who started this thread.

You are a dipshit Liberal foofer, and you ain't fooling anyone. I would love to know who your previous accounts here were.

I live in Illinois and I've been pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt. I've also been pulled over for not signaling 50 feet before I stopped at a stop sign or something like that. He searched my car during that last one. And he didn't do it because I'm black because I'm not.

EDIT Actually they searched my car both times. One was a a state cop and one was local.
The hell for?
Oh ya I remember during covid lockdowns , No public gathering or parties unless blm protest because racism is a heath emergency

They didn’t kill him. He had a heart attack. The medics on site started CPR almost immediately- he got the best chance to survive anyone could hope for.

I hope the news doesn’t try to turn it in not that. Being “put prone” leading to a heart attack means he was unhealthy and had something wrong with him. It’s absolutely insane that a medical professional ruled that a homicide

Since Facebook took away my news feed (pricks) I missed this one until I was tagged itt. But now, it is everywhere. Catching and blowing smoke left and right on twitter.

Reeds mamma is a drama llama and keeps wailing that he didn’t do nuffin he was just driving (“pssst, excuse me mama, that’s not true, this was his second time with an illegal gun and well, he shot a police officer in the arm-so if you could maybe shut the fuck up and stop lying, that would be great.”

You are a dipshit Liberal foofer, and you ain't fooling anyone. I would love to know who your previous accounts here were.
I'll agree that actually trying to explain my stance to you was a mistake on my part. You are only interested in being a fuckhead who lives to "own the libs". The previous account thing is incredibly fucking dumb though when you are clearly a retread poster and I have had the same account for nearly 20 years. Eat shit, no offense.

The hell for?
They didn’t kill him. He had a heart attack. The medics on site started CPR almost immediately- he got the best chance to survive anyone could hope for.

I hope the news doesn’t try to turn it in not that

No, they are doing just that. I read two articles looking for his tox screen and both articles mentioned that he said he couldn’t breathe which were the infamous last words of Floyd and Eric garner-other black men killed by police.

No, they are doing just that. I read two articles looking for his tox screen and both articles mentioned that he said he couldn’t breathe which were the infamous last words of Floyd and Eric garner-other black men killed by police.
All of them were extremely unhealthy. Garner was the cigarette guy that died to a rnc right?

The problem I had with Floyd was that he was clearly in medical distress and an emt was even on site trying to get the officer to let him treat Floyd. In this case though, exactly what should have happened, happened. Unfortunate that he died, but the cops did not cause his heart disease

You really going to ask a 2005 account that question? From your 2023 account?

Who were YOUR previous accounts, bucko?

I want to know who via heeto’s previous accounts were. That dick came in here with a hardon for me right if the bat. Joined in 22 I think, but he brings up an argument I had from 2020. If I Lt I could remember who that was
Or what thread it was in.

GK3qqd1XIAAv1kp

Conveniently left out that he was shooting at the cops. And of course, they post a picture of him as a scholar. Everything is so predictable now.

And abolish the police? With how crazy the world is right now, how can anyone in their right mind think that no police would help things?
It should be illegal to skew the truth. And this is why i will probably never vote Democrat ever again. I might be on the low side of middle class, but this kind of shit trumps my hatred of rich republicans who help the rich.

Not that one could tell, but you have to imagine that the people in these neighborhoods don’t like the constant gunshots and black people dying daily. I mean, you can’t protest every single day about a few shooting victims-that would be tiresome(but George Floyd-let’s take months!) but you would think they would want this to stop. Using unmarked jump out bois is a valuable tool to trying to keep a lid on this. They see guys like reed and they stop him, if he doesn’t shoot at them, he lives and goes to trial, gets convicted, does a long sentence(if the justice system stops letting them out and does their part). If not, people like reed keep carrying guns and shooting people, leaving more dead bodies on the streets and mothers crying and collapsing.

But no, people getting shot is just Tuesday in the hood and they don’t care until the police shoot someone-even when the bad guy shoots first. Now it’s “why’d they stop him-if they didn’t stop him, he’d still be alive!” Yeah, and eventually, when he killed someone else or was killed by a non-cop, y’all would bitch about the police not stopping it.

We only had a few undercover vehicles-most assigned to the drug unit. And the ones we had-they all knew. It was a pain to check them out and the one that was available to patrol always went to traffic first-not actual patrol to you know, do cop stuff. So I used to get out of the cruiser and sneak through the alleys to sneak up on the corner bois. It was quite effective for a small area but useless when they were in cars.

For a city with such strict gun laws governing law abiding citizens, their gun laws have no teeth or none they’re willing to use on the street trash that drive the crime rate through the roof. If you catch a felon with a firearm-give years. Done. Every time. Less thugs to do shootings and crime goes down.

Cops have always been in an unenviable position of catch 22. Try to be proactive and people will complain you're racist or targeting poor people. Do minimal enforcement and people will complain you're not doing your job. It's a tough balancing act.

In my city (and some nearby jurisdictions) they stopped prosecuting all but the worst violent crimes and even for those the sentences are laughably light. The juries are often comprised of progressive morons so a case like robbery and murder of an elderly photographer ended in a hung jury. Dealers are hardly ever arrested anymore(there has been a recent uptick in enforcement due to election year but I am sure that will stop next year). A person who assaulted an elderly Asian woman got probation. A woman who pushed one elderly woman to death and brutally attacked another elderly woman unprovoked had the first case suppressed?(because DA bought into it was an 'accident'). The tides are slowly turning but little is changing. We still got burglary crews operating without any consequences. Stores are closing down because who the hell can stay profitable when groups of people can run in with bags, steal all they want and run out without any consequences?

But I can certainly understand people's desire to think the best about this young man.....when a (what sounded like)Caucasian female officer is screaming commands at you, how could you not confuse her for a rival gang member in Chicago? :/

Last edited:
The hell for?

I hope the news doesn’t try to turn it in not that. Being “put prone” leading to a heart attack means he was unhealthy and had something wrong with him. It’s absolutely insane that a medical professional ruled that a homicide
agree playing that game takes away from the real cases of racism and unjustified killing like happened in SC years ago.

The hell for?
The seatbelt pullover was a statie on the highway in the afternoon when I was 21 or so. I had a VCR on my passenger seat that he asked about and I guess he thought that I may have stolen property or something.

The other one was a local cop at about 2 in the morning on a Saturday when I was around 24. It's a college town and I bounced at a couple college bars on a row of college bars. The cops walked the strip and this cop knew who I was and was friendly. They would all stop and shoot the shit with us. He had previously rolled up on me street fighting twice and let me and the other guy walk both times. This night I was on my way home from work at the bar and he knew that. He was even friendly when he pulled me over and wanted to search my car. I have no idea what that was about.

What did the Cop look like? Was he wearing some kind of uniform? Perhaps some identifying thing high on his chest that identifies that he IS even a police officer? HOW did he pull you over? Did he have a vehicle that appeared official in its capacity to indicate that you should stop driving? I'm going to go ahead and pose that you were quite aware the Cop was a Cop from the time the lights came on because the Cop was wearing everything standard to indicate it was a Cop.
I haven’t posted here in a while but this is just so wrong I had to come out of lurking to correct you. Chicago police unmarked squads have lights like any other squad car. In addition, they have police plates affixed to the front and rear. Every single plain clothes officer has to wear a vest that literally says police on the back and the front at the very top they have their badge, name and unit of assignment. It would be impossible to not know they’re the police from the front. From the back with a jacket on maybe, but they’re also wearing a duty belt with their gun open carried and a taser on the other side. There is absolutely no chance this was some kind of mistaken identity and its beyond intellectually dishonest to suggest that.

Dexter Reed was awaiting trial for a different UUW (gun case) and knew this was going to get him caught up. Maybe he was having a bad day and decided this was it. I don’t know. What I do know is he fired at least 11 rounds at Chicago police officers, striking one in the wrist before he was shot and killed. Also, plain clothes units do tons of traffic stops. Where do you think all the guns and drugs come from? They’re all in cars riding around. Chicago is being hammered by south and west side robbery crews. They’re all in cars 2-3 guns deep.

Last edited:
It should be illegal to skew the truth. And this is why i will probably never vote Democrat ever again. I might be on the low side of middle class, but this kind of shit trumps my hatred of rich republicans who help the rich.

So you'd vote Republican despite them being far more dishonest?

Not that one could tell, but you have to imagine that the people in these neighborhoods don’t like the constant gunshots and black people dying daily. I mean, you can’t protest every single day about a few shooting victims-that would be tiresome(but George Floyd-let’s take months!) but you would think they would want this to stop. Using unmarked jump out bois is a valuable tool to trying to keep a lid on this. They see guys like reed and they stop him, if he doesn’t shoot at them, he lives and goes to trial, gets convicted, does a long sentence(if the justice system stops letting them out and does their part). If not, people like reed keep carrying guns and shooting people, leaving more dead bodies on the streets and mothers crying and collapsing.

But no, people getting shot is just Tuesday in the hood and they don’t care until the police shoot someone-even when the bad guy shoots first. Now it’s “why’d they stop him-if they didn’t stop him, he’d still be alive!” Yeah, and eventually, when he killed someone else or was killed by a non-cop, y’all would bitch about the police not stopping it.

We only had a few undercover vehicles-most assigned to the drug unit. And the ones we had-they all knew. It was a pain to check them out and the one that was available to patrol always went to traffic first-not actual patrol to you know, do cop stuff. So I used to get out of the cruiser and sneak through the alleys to sneak up on the corner bois. It was quite effective for a small area but useless when they were in cars.

For a city with such strict gun laws governing law abiding citizens, their gun laws have no teeth or none they’re willing to use on the street trash that drive the crime rate through the roof. If you catch a felon with a firearm-give years. Done. Every time. Less thugs to do shootings and crime goes down.
I’m nitpicking your post, but this was not an undercover car.

Back