Crime The killing of Dexter Reed. The new George Floyd? "He was just riding around in his car, and they killed him"

You can post whatever you want, that doesn't justify Cops being "trigger happy" by any stretch of the imagination.
They have to be ready and proactive in certain situations but they are screwed either way. Fools like you will always fault them. I’m this case the guy shoots at them first and you are blaming the police. I guess his graduation photo really pulled at your heartstrings.

What you are missing is that there are plenty legitimate situations were people SHOULD be scared of the police.

Do you honestly believe that the police should have the right to search you because you have over the counter medicine in your car?

Again, I'll ask, what is wrong with your brain that makes you think that's totally cool and reasonable.

They were looking for an actual criminal that had committed a violent crime, yet they were fucking with two high school kids over some headaches medicine
What’s wrong with your brain that if you are innocent and not trying to get away with ANYTHING there’s no reason to fear the police? What’s wrong with your brain that the first thought of the police stoping or questioning someone means it wasn’t a legit question or stop?

Why do you want me to be more specific? Why can't you just read through the last several pages or the entire thread yourself?

People complain about strawmen and then make a post with a strawman . . . . people purposefully misrepresent comments to support their stance.

I'm not making some brand new proclamation about the War Room. Or saying something hard to see when you read it.

If you're going to say something, say it.

Who are you accusing of making straw men?

Should we post videos of cops getting shot by people or ambushed to counter this? Cops are trigger happy but how could they not be with how they are treated?
I watch Cops body cam videos on You Tube all the time and the amount of police you see get shot at just from routine traffic stops is insane......About the same time this justified shooting happened police officers were ambushed and shot at in Memphis by a couple of young scholars.

That story is 100% true.

I've really only been fucked with by cops twice. That story and there was another that was definitely my own fault.

Also have family that are state police and a few friends that became police.

I don't doubt it.

Once back in Florida I drove a crappy little Pinto-Stang (4 cylinder Mustang), no A/C. I was on my way to work and the muffler fell off on my way out of the neighborhood. I went to turn back onto the neighborhood and a Cop had pulled behind me. I turn and the muffler is dagging and, of course, he pops me. I explained to him that the muffler just fell and I'm trying to get back to my house, less than 100 yards away, to secure it so I can get it to the shop. I had my work shirt and name tag on, it's hot, I'm stressed and late for work and this f*cker starts asking if I have any weapons in the car and a bunch of other fishing questions. Then when I respond with a tone he gets all booty-hurt cites me for "improper equipment"...because that will help me out, because I "had an attitude."

I've had pleasant experience with Cops, but just as many unpleasant ones.

If you're going to say something, say it.

Who are you accusing of making straw men?

Why? Read the freakin' thread and maybe you'll see it.

Why do you have a bug up your butt about what I've said anyway? Are you needing to stir up junk today or play white knight?

They have to be ready and proactive in certain situations but they are screwed either way. Fools like you will always fault them. I’m this case the guy shoots at them first and you are blaming the police. I guess his graduation photo really pulled at your heartstrings.

Nice to see you've changed "trigger happy" to "ready and proactive." And in case you missed it, I gave evidence of instances where these plain clothes "Task Force" officers have been up to no good, and my initial argument was that them making mundane traffic stops is asking for trouble. I've said numerous times that this guy should not have shot, I'm speaking more in general terms. Haven't even seen the graduation photo, that's your narrative, not mine.

What’s wrong with your brain that if you are innocent and not trying to get away with ANYTHING there’s no reason to fear the police? What’s wrong with your brain that the first thought of the police stoping or questioning someone means it wasn’t a legit question or stop?

You honestly dont think there's police misconduct with innocent people? The fact that you've already gaslit him once on you alleging he must have done something is more indicative of your own bias, not his. Plenty of innocent people have been harassed, beaten up, jailed, and killed by police. I'd cite you cases but I'm sure you'd reply with the old "it doesn't happen a lot" without acknowledging that 1) it shouldnt happen at all. And 2) often times when it does happen either the offending officer gets away with it, the Police Union will get their job back even when they're fired over it (because of the Union's political leverage), or there is a settlement reached costing taxpayer money.

Why? Read the freakin' thread and maybe you'll see it.

Why do you have a bug up your butt about what I've said anyway? Are you needing to stir up junk today or play white knight?

If I read the thread I'll know what I think happened.

I'm a lot more interested in what YOU think happened, or what you're suggesting. I'm also more interested in understanding your perspective.

Also, I'm out from work with tendinitis in my rotator cuff which ironically I think developed from a combination of work and some exercises I was assigned by a physiotherapist for an unrelate4d injury. I'm in pain and a bit doped up so bear with me, I had to drive one-handed because I can't raise my right arm.

These conservative outrage identity politics threads in defense of white pride are pretty much all the same but your takes aren't typical and I was curious what they were. What actually happened will only be of interest to me if your takes make them so.

If I read the thread I'll know what I think happened.

I'm a lot more interested in what YOU think happened, or what you're suggesting. I'm also more interested in understanding your perspective.

Also, I'm out from work with tendinitis in my rotator cuff which ironically I think developed from a combination of work and some exercises I was assigned by a physiotherapist for an unrelate4d injury. I'm in pain and a bit doped up so bear with me, I had to drive one-handed because I can't raise my right arm.

These conservative outrage identity politics threads in defense of white pride are pretty much all the same but your takes aren't typical and I was curious what they were. What actually happened will only be of interest to me if your takes make them so.

I never even commented on the shooting itself to give any indication of outrage. I thought my comment was pretty clear about how I felt the discussion in the thread had been going. Not sure what's so interesting about it.

I never even commented on the shooting itself to give any indication of outrage. I thought my comment was pretty clear about how I felt the discussion in the thread had been going. Not sure what's so interesting about it.

I was more interested in which arguments you considered straw men because so many people say exactly the same things in these threads it's like they're on autopilot. No worries, it's an electrified topic and I get not wanting to be specific.

I rarely comment on shootings, especially not in the moment.

I'm going to see if I can stay conscious long enough to get through this week's Shōgun.

No...its still just a justified killing and its not warm enough yet outside for BLM and the scholars to start rioting...so same old same old.

Well, buckle up, because the “faith leaders” are already calling it an execution and saying that the officers didn’t de-escalate the situation. Maybe they should’ve called a social worker to ask him to quit shooting at them.

Well, buckle up, because the “faith leaders” are already calling it an execution and saying that the officers didn’t de-escalate the situation. Maybe they should’ve called a social worker to ask him to quit shooting at them.
Of course they are... Race Baiting is their Gig and the supplies getting low so they got to milk that cow for every last squirt of milk shes got in her titties.

Your point was a general call for sympathy for people who chose their profession, concerning the tentative difficulty of that job...which they have ample knowledge of ahead of time and are equipped to deal with.
But they're still human beings. Ones who pursued a life of defending the law. Do we not have general sympathy for anybody doing a dangerous job?

My point was that the average citizen, in the current climate, are typically out-manned and out-gunned when encountering police, who are increasingly treating citizens either like tentative enemies, or like a source of revenue (because being paid on tax dollars isnt enough, they have the means to fine you money for arbitrary violations that can only really harm you).

Being skeptical of police is built into the foundation of our Country, as I listed earlier we have constitutional rights to be used on the street against forced/coerced compliance.

The average citizen has no need to be as equally manned or gunned as local police when dealing with them. This is a strange "Us vs them" mentality towards police that seems to come more from a narrative than the sum of real life interactions with police.

I don't know how you go from where I said "they will fuck with you" to "was it hard to not shoot them?"what the fuck is wrong with you and why does your brain work that way?

Also, no they didn't think they found drugs. They thought they found a bottle of Tylenol and used it as an excuse to search my buddies car no goddamn reason seeing as Tylenol is perfectly okay.

News flash: Dope heads keep illegal drugs in legal containers like Tylenol all the time.

The themes of this story are so similar to the ATF shooting the airport guy

Both people were definitely criminals, and imo wanted to get in a shootout with officers rather than face the music for their crimes. So let me be clear there.

But in both cases, cops were within the letter of the law with the how they started the engagement (banging on door at 6am, pulling car over for not wearing seatbelt and drawing guns immediately from plain clothes cops) but both seem on the overly aggressive end, and give law abdiding people pause that "are we certain that the guy was certain they were police and not other criminals after them? Was that the best way for cops to go after this guy?"

This shooting is very justified, but the tactics that led to it cause unnecessary blur between police and shock troops/other criminal group. Cops better have a better story for why 5 plain clothes officers jumped out with guns drawn for a "seat belt violation", even if the officers were right to return fire in self defense.

Clearly they knew who the guy was, correctly assumed he had another illegal gun on him, and said fuck the 4th amendment we're gonna search his ass because we want to and take him back to jail.

Disagree with your last. They were telling him to roll down the window. They can have him step out of the vehicle per PA vs Mimms, but he wouldn’t comply. He could have stashed the gun under the seat, gotten out and denied search and without probable cause, they couldn’t search the vehicle. He probably would have been fine in that case. But he instead chose to fire on officers. There was no fuck it with the fourth

Disagree with your last. They were telling him to roll down the window. They can have him step out of the vehicle per PA vs Mimms, but he wouldn’t comply. He could have stashed the gun under the seat, gotten out and denied search and without probable cause, they couldn’t search the vehicle. He probably would have been fine in that case. But he instead chose to fire on officers.
lol. They had 5 plainclothes officers there. There’s no way they wouldn’t have searched his vehicle. This was clearly a plan.

They would have “smelled marijuana” if he’d hidden the gun and stepped out and said I do no consent to a search of my vehicle.

lol. They had 5 plainclothes officers there. There’s no way they wouldn’t have searched his vehicle. This was clearly a plan.

They would have “smelled marijuana” if he’d hidden the gun and stepped out and said I do no consent to a search of my vehicle.

There is no way to know that. They could have pulled him out only to pay him down with what they had on him. They can ask for consent. Maybe a bomb dog could detect a gun-I don’t actually know what their capabilities are for certain. What I am saying is that he would have had more of a chance to get out of it or beat it in that case than to open fire on police.

There is no way to know that. They could have pulled him out only to pay him down with what they had on him. They can ask for consent. Maybe a bomb dog could detect a gun-I don’t actually know what their capabilities are for certain. What I am saying is that he would have had more of a chance to get out of it or beat it in that case than to open fire on police.

Sure. Him shooting on police was 100% what led to his death. I'm not disagreeing there at all.

But thinking that there was any universe 5 jump out cops stop a vehicle and then don't search it is crazy.

If they can make up the seatbelt as the reason to stop the vehicle in the first place, they can make up smelling pot or seeing a baggie through a window as their reason to do a probable cause search

The ends were always going to justify the means here. It wasn't an honest pullover for traffic violation to begin with.

Back