Television The Last of Us (HBO TV series) (DO NOT POST SPOILERS WITHOUT SPOILER TAG)

Rate Episode One

• Total voters
FrEFk0GWwAAy15t

Never played the game but I enjoyed the season. Like others here I think it could've benefited from at least another episode, probably two. Two full episodes of character exposition, a bit much.
At first I was hating on Ellie's actress but over the course of the season I've grown to like her and think she's done a fine job. Pedro is good too, as always. I'm curious where they're going to go with season two, hopefully they don't stick too close to the game. Almost everybody I've talked to who has played the game has said "loved the first, hated the sequel". I don't see them throwing away all that star power in just one season anyways.
Also I think Joel did the right thing. Seems like the Fireflies are mostly a bunch of incompetent fuckups, and killing Ellie immediately after they get her in custody just seems like the absolute dumbest thing to do. Kill the potential cure as the first option, don't even explore any other options before going nuclear? Not gonna try a biopsy or something like that first? Come the fuck on. And don't get me started on doing brain surgery in that dirty ass hospital operating room. I would've done what Joel did too.

Ok just starting this episode...

...and that's got to be the most unrealistic birth scene ever. Aren't those human canonballs supposed to be a bloody mess? How'd that baby just pop out like that?

S1 was very mid, onwards to the shit show that will be S2.

Pascal's accent and Ramsay's face brought me plenty of laughs tho, so can't hate on that.

If I truly saw the person as my adopted daughter, I’d make the same choice every time

If it was just a kid I liked, I’d argue they should get to make the choice themselves

and yeah, the middle episodes needed some infection so that the worldly threat felt more real.

edit: I really like how they shot the hospital gun fight scene. They didn’t make it dramatic and try to make the audience feel like he was in danger of not making it to Ellie in time or getting shot himself. He was on a mission and in the zone, and absolutely nothing could stop him. We were just along for the ride. That was a risky but right call by the director.
So he struggled like hell with two clickers in episode 2 but had no trouble killing dozens of armed men in episode 10? Very unbalanced.

Wow that episodes pacing and editing was horrible. Walk, exposition dump, more walking, more exposition, walking through major city, let me sit down and tell you about how i attempted suicide. The emotional scenes were soo forced and robotic.

The gun scene was worse and had no stakes at all. At least make it a challenge for Joel so it’s entertaining. They turned it into a laughable montage of him slaughtering 20 fully armed men.

S1 was very mid, onwards to the shit show that will be S2.

Pascal's accent and Ramsay's face brought me plenty of laughs tho, so can't hate on that.
Mid? I’d hate to see what show you actually find good lol

Wow that episodes pacing and editing was horrible. Walk, exposition dump, more walking, more exposition, walking through major city, let me sit down and tell you about how i attempted suicide. The emotional scenes were soo forced and robotic.

The gun scene was worse and had no stakes at all. At least make it a challenge for Joel so it’s entertaining. They turned it into a laughable montage of him slaughtering 20 fully armed men.
Character relationship between the two of them is nothing to you? How it went from a few episodes ago with moon and cattle to how much they're family.

Mid? I’d hate to see what show you actually find good lol

Shit ain't high art buddy.

Another lazily done, big budget series that no one would give a shit about if not for the source material, which is a fucking video game lmao.

Another lazily done, big budget series that no one would give a shit about if not for the source material, which is a fucking video game lmao.
Good luck dying on that hill buddy

If I watched it not knowing there was a game, I'd constantly be thinking why does a show about fungal zombies barely feature any of them? Lol.

I have said previously that the series could've leaned to the sci-fi aspect of the content more, but how do you criticize a show that broke record after record in terms of viewership? That's not even counting the pirate watches. And it'll probably win many awards.

If I watched it not knowing there was a game, I'd constantly be thinking why does a show about fungal zombies barely feature any of them? Lol.

I have said previously that the series could've leaned to the sci-fi aspect of the content more, but how do you criticize a show that broke record after record in terms of viewership? That's not even counting the pirate watches. And it'll probably win many awards.
It’s fine to criticize and not enjoy it. It’s entirely stupid to say that it is “mid” or an overall bad show when it’s clearly a top show for many different audiences. Proof is in the ratings and reviews/general consensus being extremely positive. Dude is just a hater.

McDonalds sells the most burgers in the world, doesn't mean they're good.

They ran through that far too quickly. That episode needed an extra fifteen minutes. I enjoyed the aftermath of the hospital the most. The moment when he tells her about what happened to his ear was done very well.

And @HockeyBjj and @Hollywood Jack if you guys think spoiler tagging isn't worthwhile any longer, so be it.

I thought spoiler tagging was for source material stuff, not stuff that happened in the episode. A person shouldn’t be in the show thread yet if they’re not up to date on the latest episode imo.

that was how it was done with the game of thrones threads I believe. I didn’t think there was a 24 or 48 hour delay here?

I thought spoiler tagging was for source material stuff, not stuff that happened in the episode. A person shouldn’t be in the show thread yet if they’re not up to date on the latest episode imo.

that was how it was done with the game of thrones threads I believe. I didn’t think there was a 24 or 48 hour delay here?

That's exactly how it was with GoT.

So many motherfuckers got banned in that thread for spoilers (legit banned) they had to stop doing it, spoiler monkeys were like moths to a candle.

Back