Opinion The left can be anti-science

You're scared of single women? <45>

WTF!

And your argument that companies want women as wage slaves and will pay for abortions as opposed to being kept by individual men as stay-at-home wives (who also pay for abortions) is silly at best.

You're a mess.

Try reflecting on this stupid crap for yourself.

Nice strawman.

You strengthen state power by eroding the family, putting a wedge between men and women, and estranging children from their family. It's not rocket science bud.

Nice strawman.

You strengthen state power by eroding the family, putting a wedge between men and women, and estranging children from their family. It's not rocket science bud.

You have a massively overinflated idea of family if you think it can diminish the power of the state LOL

The state want family to be family, it's cheaper if relatives look after the sick, old and infirm.

You have a massively overinflated idea of family if you think it can diminish the power of the state LOL

The state want family to be family, it's cheaper if relatives look after the sick, old and infirm.

Capitalistic societies with strong nuclear families and strong ties to culture and tradition are resistant to communist takeover.

Capitalistic societies with strong nuclear families and strong ties to culture and tradition are resistant to communist takeover.

I feel like you've been informed by people overreacting to Karl Marx, and unintentionally railing against the kibbutz.

But none of that actually applies to capitalism, and your fears that we're supposed to be moving away from greedy rich assholes are likely unfounded for obvious reasons...

Well obviously.

But we're not the ones conducting the science.

Science is conducted by scientists, and control has always been key.

The CTard idea basically revolves around the fact they weren't informed over every single step and decision, and thus were capable of stupidly and blindly picking holes until they'd whipped up a full scale conspiritard.

No one is going to ask you if you agree with every step of a scientific endeavour, nor should they.
You're talking about the scientific process. I'm talking about exactly what they talked about. To trust blindly in shit we all knew they got wrong. We were asked for unquestioning acceptance when over and over and over again those in charge proved they were untrustworthy.

- They flip flopped on the effectiveness of masks.
- They refused Trump's vaccine then demanded we take Trump's vaccine.
- Here in Canada we were told everyone must get vaccinated. Medical status be damned.
- They told us to not question perhaps the most corrupt industry in America.
And the people above all portrayed themselves as speaking on behalf of science.

Trust those cunts? Nope, not happening. Trust has to be earned above a certain level.

You're talking about the scientific process. I'm talking about exactly what they talked about. To trust blindly in shit we all knew they got wrong. We were asked for unquestioning acceptance when over and over and over again those in charge proved they were untrustworthy.

- They flip flopped on the effectiveness of masks.
- They refused Trump's vaccine then demanded we take Trump's vaccine.
- Here in Canada we were told everyone must get vaccinated. Medical status be damned.
- They told us to not question perhaps the most corrupt industry in America.
And the people above all portrayed themselves as speaking on behalf of science.

Trust those cunts? Nope, not happening. Trust has to be earned above a certain level.

You didn't know they were wrong lol

It was the WHO who continually advised nations on how best to deal with the pandemic, and they did so on a 'worst case scenario' basis, and given how the pandemic started, that wasn't illogical. Their whole MO is 'response', and to say they were wrong is to go full kit wanker as Captain Hindsight. Go on, don the tights and mask.

I don't know what you even refer to by 'Trump's vaccine', all I know about Trump is he was espousing quackery at the height of the pandemic like a moron. He was universally seen as a goof.

And the 'industry' aspect is not America-centric at all, since the most controversial vaccine was British - Oxford Astrazeneca.

But all of this is a bunch of well-educated people doing the best they can, and if it wasn't good enough, that speaks to how complicated these outbreaks are.

Nobody knows how to deal with a brand new outbreak, but we're certainly in the best position we've ever been.

You wanna create a tyrannical shit hole?

Break the bonds of family. Turn government into daddy. Teach queer theory and tell women they don't need a man. Have a monopoly on thought and delegate "Experts" to disseminate knowledge. Label everything else as misinformation and disinformation. Call your enemies extremists. Use any crisis, manufactured or exaggerated, to break the system, steal wealth and power, and force behavior through public shaming campaigns.

Men are no longer men and women are no longer women. Everyone is a gender fluid non-entity, a blank, nameless, faceless number to the state. Transition to a lease economy where people rent instead of own and roll out programmable digital currency that will be used to control them. Congratulations, you now have no rights, no ownership, no privacy, and no ability to speak and think freely.

Elites are pushing for this shit, and they'll get it if we let them. The state doesn't own you or your children, there's only two genders, groomer schools need to end, men are men and women are women, the nuclear family is the glue that holds society together, free speech matters, capitalism benefits everyone, communism will never work, and 2+2=4. Anything else is just anti-humanity and anti-reality.

Yes the side who claims sex and gender are different but then proceeds to push SEX changes on children based on GENDER identity propaganda is much more honest and has a more consistent line of thinking.

Yep. If gender was a made.up thing, why do surgery to change one's sex?

Don't know what you mean by "fussy," but obviously everyone knows how babies are made.

Only male and female can create families but a gay couple can't. Leftists hate this talking point

The left wants to ban fracking so they are against fossil fuels as a source of energy

-they are against GMOs. (Genetically modified organisms)

-they get fussy when you discuss men and female differences. Also only heterosexual couples can produce offspring

-also against fossil fuels

What else am I missing?

Yawwnnn, you can find hypocrisy on both sides literally. It comes down to no human is absolute on what they believe .

Almost, but we should also recognize anyone who generalizes "believing in science" into groups as wide and varied as democrats or republicans is ridiculous. When it comes to politics, people seem to love generalizing large groups of people with the most controversial things that only a miniscule subset of them may believe.

But trust in claims to knowledge (revelation, intuition, tradition) that are not scientific and thus relatively low belief in science is inherent to rightism as such. People are framing it as "science good, all ideological positions must be equal, so bothsides," but no, there actually is a divide over the value of science that corresponds to the left/right divide. That obviously does not mean that the left is right on every scientific dispute, but you don't see doctrined like creationism, climate-change denial, Austrianism, or racism take hold on the left because of the relatively greater emphasis on science.

You wanna create a tyrannical shit hole?

Break the bonds of family. Turn government into daddy. Teach queer theory and tell women they don't need a man. Have a monopoly on thought and delegate "Experts" to disseminate knowledge. Label everything else as misinformation and disinformation. Call your enemies extremists. Use any crisis, manufactured or exaggerated, to break the system, steal wealth and power, and force behavior through public shaming campaigns.

Men are no longer men and women are no longer women. Everyone is a gender fluid non-entity, a blank, nameless, faceless number to the state. Transition to a lease economy where people rent instead of own and roll out programmable digital currency that will be used to control them. Congratulations, you now have no rights, no ownership, no privacy, and no ability to speak and think freely.

Elites are pushing for this shit, and they'll get it if we let them. The state doesn't own you or your children, there's only two genders, groomer schools need to end, men are men and women are women, the nuclear family is the glue that holds society together, free speech matters, capitalism benefits everyone, communism will never work, and 2+2=4. Anything else is just anti-humanity and anti-reality.

Massive pile of rubbish, to be honest.

"Experts" that disseminate knowledge? Who? Which expert is universally trusted?

Name one.

Obviously, we aren't moving towards that. If anything, we're moving away from that, with extremist voices on the right and left.

Gender has nothing to do with capitalism. Stop being weird.

"Elites" aren't pushing for "this shit", you just read too much embarrassing rubbish written by FanFic writers involving Paint-made memes.

Come back to the room, it's not too late.

Only male and female can create families but a gay couple can't. Leftists hate this talking point

The left wants to ban fracking so they are against fossil fuels as a source of energy

1. "The left" doesn't want to ban fracking.
2. Wanting to ban fracking isn't being against fossil fuels in general.
3. Opposing fossil fuels is not anti-scientific.

You can make the argument for various positions without claiming that disagreeing with you is unscientific (and thereby showing ignorance about what science is). You have to first understand the impacts of various practices and then try to estimate the tradeoffs involved in them or not using them, and then if you have all that right, there's still the matter of personal preferences. If there are any scientific disputes, they're on the first two stages (and a scientific dispute isn't science vs. anti-science). But when people ignore evidence to claim, for example, that climate change isn't happening or isn't caused by people (and call the mountains of evidence for those claims a giant hoax), they are pushing an alternate claim to knowledge.

1. "The left" doesn't want to ban fracking.
2. Wanting to ban fracking isn't being against fossil fuels in general.
3. Opposing fossil fuels is not anti-scientific.

You can make the argument for various positions without claiming that disagreeing with you is unscientific (and thereby showing ignorance about what science is). You have to first understand the impacts of various practices and then try to estimate the tradeoffs involved in them or not using them, and then if you have all that right, there's still the matter of personal preferences. If there are any scientific disputes, they're on the first two stages (and a scientific dispute isn't science vs. anti-science). But when people ignore evidence to claim, for example, that climate change isn't happening or isn't caused by people (and call the mountains of evidence for those claims a giant hoax), they are pushing an alternate claim to knowledge.

Climate change isnt a hoax like most Republicans think but it's overblown. Plants need co2 to survive. We have record c02 levels but I can breathe just fine outside lol

Every climate change prediction is like a doomsday scenario Hollywood movie

These positions aren't pro-science or anti-science by itself. Science can only explain stuff but cannot take any position.
Take GMOs. Science can show they pose no threat to humans that eat them, but they can give too much power to certain corporations and they can change the environment. You then take your position based on that, but of course, if you believe that eating GMO will give you cancer despite evidence to the contrary then you're being anti-science.
On biological sex, there are two, but there are people who suffer from gender dysphoria and you don't necessarily need to ridicule them and ostracize them.

I think if you're talking about left wing denialism it's mostly about GMO and nuclear, where the risks of nuclear power are exaggerated. There is also the denial of IQ tests as it relates to different races, where the left solution has been to propose "structural racism" as the cause for the lower achievement of certain groups, which has no scientific basis.

i didnt start reading sherdog political forums with that intent but the level of discourse from the right is reliably pathetic, uneducated, trolling and negative with a chip on its shoulder. ive recommended a lot of people to just get deep in forums where the left and the right duke it out. it is pretty apparent who is who and i dont think that is subjective either. sure there are SOME exceptions but its not possible to not see it imo.

All I can say is that society is worse when everyone is so determined to categorize each other. Maybe we can't help it anymore though.

I guess I'd be classified by most as center- right but I don't really care. Demonizing the "opposition" is all that matters anymore. Or classifying them as too stupid or ill informed to take seriously.

I shouldn't even have responded really, and that's not a swipe at you. I took a long break from the war room here and it didn't take long to remember why. Again not a shot at you. You aren't the problem. You're merely a byproduct of what discourse now is. I guess we all are.

-they are against GMOs. (Genetically modified organisms)

GMOs are banned in 26 countries because of SCIENCE.
They cause all kinds of environmental issues, much less health issues. We eat GMOs that are modified to not be affected by glyphosate (fucking round up) as well as all sorts of pesticides. Do you want that shit on your food? Yeah, me neither.

-
-they get fussy when you discuss men and female differences. Also only heterosexual couples can produce offspring

Liberals are retarded when it comes to all that. I wouldn't say they were ani-science though, they're more like anti-reality when it comes to the sexes or any of the gender BS.

-
-also against fossil fuels

Fossil fuels are outdated technology that have a stranglehold on society because of greed.
We have the tech right now to make everything electric, but the empire guys like John Rockefeller created won't let it happen.

If anything, libs are anti-science because they tend to be anti-nuclear.
Nuclear would power everything and conservatives are all about it, but conservatives hate electric stuff because libs like electric stuff.

-
What else am I missing?

Both sides are fucking retarded for different reasons, and both sides are anti-science.

You fucking stupid. Go infinitely left. Now go infinitely right. Those are pretty broad spectrums. Don't try and box in that whole spectrum as anti science. What a fucking waste of a post.

Back