The lightest BJJ GIs

Mantas

MMA Gear Addict
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just got my Tatami Zero G V3 GI, it feels very light, comfortable and at strong at the same time. I washed it only once so far. My A2 size weights 3.8lb. I guess it gets even lighter after a few washes.

What are your experiences with lightweight GIs, how light they are and how long do they last compered with heavy ones?

I personally prefer a bit heavier gi's. I like my Kingz 450 COMP but I feel like it stretches and the lapel went to mush pretty quick.

A pearl like my tatami estilo 4.0 and fushida RS is my favorite. Big fan of the mundial 9 weave too very sturdy.

I prefer lightweights gis myself. I've had Gameness Air I use to use regularly until I got my new go to gi. The Gorilla Gear Ripstop Journey. It's by far the lightest I've ever owned. It is thin enough that colored rashguards will show through a little. At least with the white gi like I have. But it's very breathable, maneuverable and non-restrictive. Also, holds up very well (so far). I'm in the military and our uniforms are ripstop so I'm use to the feel. So that wasn't an issue with me as it may be for some. But I'm always looking to get the lightest gi on the market.

Back