Locked THE MANDALORIAN Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man reading up in Mandalorian mythos. Starting to see the level of detail going into this series. Very cool.

Well despite it seeming contradictory since he worked with an assassin droid later on, Mandalorians have a general distaste for Droids, hence him asking for a living driver at the start of the episode.

Way back in the day, the Mando's were gotten to by a droid army and have hated them since.

The only silver lining to the big Disney reset of canon, is that as they move forward with the new Star Wars, they can pick and choose the very best of the EU to become official canon. So it gives Legends writers an outlet still, and maybe if it's good enough and fits the timeline and narrative. It can be called up to the big leagues.

His name is Grand Admiral Thrawn and you will put some hespect on his name.

His name is Grand Admiral Thrawn and you will put some hespect on his name.
At some point, I'm gonna have to read what's the big hub bub about this blue skinned fancy uniform guy.

At some point, I'm gonna have to read what's the big hub bub about this blue skinned fancy uniform guy.

Start with the EU Legends, then the new canon.

New Thrawn is great, Legends Thrawn is GOAT EU character

He was great on Rebels as well.

I was impressed, but the Legends EU from decades ago got me hyped. So I'm admittedly biased (see fucking user name)

Anyone's first brush with Grand Admiral Thrawn cone from Rebels?

I was impressed, but the Legends EU from decades ago got me hyped. So I'm admittedly biased (see fucking user name)

Anyone's first brush with Grand Admiral Thrawn cone from Rebels?
l@nd0

Admittedly, all my Star Wars love is bound up in the movies and TV shows. Not much for reading the EU books. And I only read the comic books pertinent to stories I’m interested in.

I do peruse Wookiepedia voraciously if a subject tickles my fancy as well.

Can you recommend?

This show? Yes. Books? No. As I said my previous post. When something new comes out in Star Wars, I spend a shit ton of time on Wookiepedia.

And that’s my recommendation for others. Go to the rabbit hole that is Wookiepedia, and get lost for a few hours. And be sure to switch back and forth between the canon and legends tabs.

57pgp6sbv0041.jpg

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, they are far better than the new movies. Couple thoughts on it, but is it confirmed that Pascal's character is Boba Fett or is it just another Mandalorian bounty hunter? Reason I'm wondering is because when he talks about being a Foundling in episode 2 there is a flashback of him as a kid being hidden away, but Boba was trained by Jango and was self sufficient by the time he was in his early teens with Jango. I thought they got rid of Fett's old ship because of its name but now I'm thinking the 2 are different characters. Maybe Pascal's character will even meet the real Boba in a later episode.

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, they are far better than the new movies. Couple thoughts on it, but is it confirmed that Pascal's character is Boba Fett or is it just another Mandalorian bounty hunter? Reason I'm wondering is because when he talks about being a Foundling in episode 2 there is a flashback of him as a kid being hidden away, but Boba was trained by Jango and was self sufficient by the time he was in his early teens with Jango. I thought they got rid of Fett's old ship because of its name but now I'm thinking the 2 are different characters. Maybe Pascal's character will even meet the real Boba in a later episode.
if the real bounty Hunter shows up then they have to give George Lucas additional royalties so probably won't happen

Man reading up in Mandalorian mythos. Starting to see the level of detail going into this series. Very cool.

Ok.. so I’ll ask since you seem to be pretty straight forward about this stuff.. is this show devoid of all the SJW bs from a writing/casting stand point, and the focus just on telling a good story..?

I’ll hang up and listen to your answer..

Ok.. so I’ll ask since you seem to be pretty straight forward about this stuff.. is this show devoid of all the SJW bs from a writing/casting stand point, and the focus just on telling a good story..?

I’ll hang up and listen to your answer..
So far yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back