The Martial Way - The Path Forward

5/18/2020

Back and elbow continue to hurt. Did a .07 mile walk.

5/19/2020

Calisthenics workout:

Vertical pull/push
  1. Weighted chin-ups 2 sets of amrap 12 pounds , 8 pounds
  2. Weights dips 2 sets of amrap 12 pounds , 8 pounds
Horizontal pull/push

1. Weighted bar rows 2 sets of amrap 12 pounds , 8 pounds
  2. Weighted u push 2 sets of amrap 12 pounds , 8 pounds
Pm
tabata on the bike

To figure out why my body was acting up i cut the supplements one by one to see if that would make a difference. The creatine was causing crippling back pain most likely in my kidneys. As soon as i stopped taking it my back was better. So for now no creatine. My elbow continues to be a burden.

5/19/2020

To figure out why my body was acting up i cut the supplements one by one to see if that would make a difference. The creatine was causing crippling back pain most likely in my kidneys. As soon as i stopped taking it my back was better. So for now no creatine. My elbow continues to be a burden.

just muscle cramping or?
What's your creatine dose? How long have you been using it consistently?
Hydration and protein intake?

just muscle cramping or?
What's your creatine dose? How long have you been using it consistently?
Hydration and protein intake?
I was using it for about a month.i took 5gs a day. With a 3 day look of 20gs a day. My protein various from .8 to 1 per lean mass. Water was 2 to 4 liters.

It was like a dull ache throbbing constantly.

I was using it for about a month.i took 5gs a day. With a 3 day look of 20gs a day. My protein various from .8 to 1 per lean mass. Water was 2 to 4 liters.

It was like a dull ache throbbing constantly.

Loading phase is unnecessary with creatine.

Why 20 grams? What the lol that might be why.

I just did what the back of the bottle told me to do lol.

Do not
That is how theu get you to run through it quickly and buy more. Loading phase isnt necessary and neither is 20 grams lol.

Stick to 2 to 3 grams a day if you decide to continue.

Do not
That is how theu get you to run through it quickly and buy more. Loading phase isnt necessary and neither is 20 grams lol.

Stick to 2 to 3 grams a day if you decide to continue.
I may in the future but for now i am gonna leave it alone. Scared me straight

5/21/2020

Some light basketball work. My knee doesn't handle basketball to well. Or any real shock at this point. Time for another doctor visit

Notes:

Current 12 week cycle is primarily gpp, and gaining some experience in key callisthenics movements. 8 sessions a week plus 6 skill sessions a week.

Key characteristics of this cycle:

Grease the groove style skill training : 6 days a week. With weekly progressions with time under tension and or increasing the leverage of the movement.

Cardio: alternating steady state through hikes, walks, shadow boxing, bjj drilling and hitt style training. done 6 days a week

Strength training: increasing my strength through calisthenics workouts are fullbody. Done 2 days a week.

Next cycle is strength. 3 days a week push pull full body split. 3 days of steady state cardio will also be included. The design of this cycle is subject to change.
A little late to the party, but did you make this program yourself or did you get a template from somewhere? Looks interesting. How is it working out for you?

A little late to the party, but did you make this program yourself or did you get a template from somewhere? Looks interesting. How is it working out for you?
Thanks for asking.

The workout skeleton was created by an old S@C coach named db hammer. He wrote a book called " the beat sports book ever" its hard to read because he uses made up jargon but the techniques where ahead of it's time.

Particularly combining volume and intensity based workouts in a cycle. 4 to 1 or 6 to 2.

It's been fun so far. I've had to cut a lot of the skill work out because I've developed golfers elbow. It hasn't affected my over all strength but I am mindful not to over so it.

I like it because i can show progress by using the weight with the weighted best, or by changing the leverage of the move. The goal is to be able to do all the badass calisthenics moves you see on YouTube but also it's just dang convenient to workout at home vs going to the gym.

5/24/2020

weight: 176.8

Calisthenics workout:

Skill work
  1. Frog stand on floor 1 x 15 secs
  2. Tucked Front Lever 1 x 15secs
  3. Handstand 1 x 35 secs hold
Vertical pull/push
  1. Weighted pull-ups 5x5 16 pounds
  2. Weighted dips 5x5 16 pounds
Horizontal pull/push

1. Elevated dip bar rows 3 x 10 16 pounds
  2. Archer push ups 1x16 16 pounds
  3. Pseudo planche 2 x 12 16 pounds
Core:
  1. Hanging L sits 3x10 reps
  2. Dip bar L sits 3x 5 reps
  3. Reverse planks 3x20 secs

Weight 177.1

Tabata on the bike

Pm
Some easy spinning since i couldn't go for my walk today

weight: 176.6

Calisthenics workout:

Skill work
  2. Tucked Front Lever 1 x 15 secs
  3. Handstand 1 x 35 secs hold
Vertical pull/push
  1. Weighted pull-ups 5x5 20 pounds
  2. Weighted dips 5x5 20 pounds
Horizontal pull/push

1. Elevated dip bar rows 3 x 10 20 pounds
  2. Pseudo planche 3 x 10 20 pounds
Core:
  1. Hanging L sits 3x10 reps
  2. Assisted leg raises 3 x 10
  3. Negative Dragon Flies 3 x 10

5/28/2020

Calisthenics workout:

Skill work
  3. Handstand 1 x 40 secs hold

Vertical pull/push
  1. Weighted chin-ups 2 sets of amrap 24 pounds , 20 pounds
  2. Weights dips 2 sets of amrap 24 pounds , 20 pounds

Core:

Ab wheel 3x10
negative dragonflies 3x10
Hollow Body holds 3x30 secs

notes:

I had to cut my workout short. but it was still a decent workout. I need to start doing some bjj again.

Last edited:
5/29/2020
Weight

Active recovery

Spinning

5/31/2020

Calisthenics workout:

Skill work
  3. Handstand 1 x 40 secs hold

Vertical pull/push
  1. Weighted chin-ups 2 sets of amrap 28 pounds , 24 pounds
  2. Weights dips 2 sets of amrap 28pounds , 24 pounds
  1. Weighted elevated rows 2 sets of amrap 28 pounds , 24 pounds
  2. Weights pseudo plank push-ups 2 sets of amrap 28pounds , 24 pounds

Core:

Ab wheel 3x10
negative dragonflags 3x5
Hip flexor squeeze 3x10

Pm
1.6 mile hike
Basketball
Spinning

notes:
It was night to play ball although my game is a shell of itself. I need to get some boxing or bjj in soon before i lose my mind lol.

On a side note, my elbow continues to be a bother going to the doc for my yearly so I'll see if I can get an ultrasound to see if there's any damage or just over use injury.

Back