The Michigan town where only Christians are allowed to buy houses

States have gone as far as having to ban gay conversion therapy to protect Americans from it. Do you think that was unnecessary?

And millions of Christians didn't cone to the defense of that lady who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple? It's almost as if they wanted that to be illegal . . .

So are you saying that Christian attacks on abortion clinics are imaginary? Do you think a poll of chrustians would show them in favor to or opposed to the jailing of abortion providers based on their religious feelings?

Religious feelings are so bulshit for a secular country.

Chrustians lol.

Homophobic and Islamophobic. It's 2018 and this has no place in Western world. Most unAmerican thing I have seen.

Stick to your damn values.
tumblr_nxcmx0WJ631qa4l1ko1_540.gif

everyone on top always oppresses everyone else. Read a history book.

Lol whenever you want a picture of my degrees in history, let me know pal. I'll be happy to oblige.

It is almost as if humans are oppressive and cruel by nature.

I wonder if Christianity or other religions have anything to say about that.

But I am sure we can judge the almost universal good theories of religion made the pre-historic and early historic parts of the world much, much worse.

All that hope, honesty, and love blended into the social fabric of civilization no doubt made the world an utterly awful place.

All those notions of human rights, personal worth, right or wrong, democratic notions, Abolitionists, early civil rights advocates, and the endless, transformation good of those ideas should be rejected for not meeting the progressive standards of the last 50 years.

That any of those things exist but for Jesus, Confucius, Paul the Apostles, Buddha, Augustine, Lao zi, and other good minded men is of no consequence when judging moral and spiritual matters by the politics of the day... correct?

That all seems rather reductive and universally foolish.

The kind of thinking that reminds me of Lenin, deluded with his fantasies of what he thought man should be, was astounded and outraged people still wanted to believe something besides instant Utopian ideals based on the philosophy of the now replacing the bedrock of traditional virtues.

I think that culture and history are cruel. Human nature, whatever that shit is, not so much. Humans are beings of their environment, their socialization, their language, their culture, and their history (including the era they are alive). Modern humanity cannot be cured of its symptoms with the thinking and actions of the past. New thinking and new actions are needed to help humanity rise up from the problems of the day. Traditional values are worthless, because the world was not known to the extent that it is now.

Lol whenever you want a picture of my degrees in history, let me know pal. I'll be happy to oblige.

I think that culture and history are cruel. Human nature, whatever that shit is, not so much. Humans are beings of their environment, their socialization, their language, their culture, and their history (including the era they are alive). Modern humanity cannot be cured of its symptoms with the thinking and actions of the past. New thinking and new actions are needed to help humanity rise up from the problems of the day. Traditional values are worthless, because the world was not known to the extent that it is now.

I fundamentally disagree in a moral and spiritual sense, but wholeheartedly understand from a pragmatic standpoint.

Therefore I have nothing to quibble with, and nothing that is going to change our minds today in this thread.

It will be intresting to see this in court and how each sides argument .

It I think will hinge on if the homes are on private property (say like a compound) or they are incorberated as a town.

Last edited:

We may know more about our physical world but I don't believe we've traveled so far in our understanding of the human condition. We may refine ideas from the past or expand upon them but they are still the foundations upon which we stand. We learn from the past to better understand where we came from, where we are and where we're going. We are also just as prone to mistakes and assumptions as any of our amcestors.

I agree though that our understanding is colored by who we are now. Sometimes I believe that makes us blind to simple truths because humans have a tendency to add complexity to things looking for some further better answer.

Show me

I wonder what Jesus would say about second homes. I know what he said about second cloaks.............

I'm not surprised you don't understand me.

Societies are oppressor vs the oppressed right? It's too bad that too much control in the dominance hierarchy creates volatility. That's what happened with Rome. Take power, abuse power, die, power vacuum, new radical power, rinse and repeat. Wanna know what happens in the Middle East? Pretty much the same thing, it's just the USA controls when it happens. In a stable society those who make it to the top are generally there due to competence. That isn't an absolute but the majority who make it to the top are competent in their field or their system in beliefs. That's why people support them on their way up.

No go zones in America are real after all.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. It doesn't really sound right, but what makes this different from some of the other dumb ass rules that home owner associations have?

This is also a garbage article in spots. The author of this article tried to make it into a race issue because for 5 years in the 1940's they didn't allow Catholics, Jews, or Blacks. They also try to label Michigan as some "KKK hot bed."

I'm not saying there was never discrimination, but The truth is that Michigan never had Jim Crow laws, or Slavery and it has always been a free state. I grew up in a small city in Upper Michigan in a college town that I ended up moving back to. It is a majority white town, but overall the people here are nice, and the furthest thing from racist.

It violates the civil rights act

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. It doesn't really sound right, but what makes this different from some of the other dumb ass rules that home owner associations have?

This is also a garbage article in spots. The author of this article tried to make it into a race issue because for 5 years in the 1940's they didn't allow Catholics, Jews, or Blacks. They also try to label Michigan as some "KKK hot bed."

I'm not saying there was never discrimination, but The truth is that Michigan never had Jim Crow laws, or Slavery and it has always been a free state. I grew up in a small city in Upper Michigan in a college town that I ended up moving back to. It is a majority white town, but overall the people here are nice, and the furthest thing from racist.

You get a gold star for this post.

Love thy neighbor.... unless your not Christian

Hasids just got busted big time in my state stealing millions of welfare over the years.

There is a fascinating documentary on Netflix about the Hasidic jewish community in New York and the sphere of influence they have both within the community and at local levels of government.

I never knew much about the culture (and still don't), but the treatment of woman within the community is reprehensible. They talk about Islam being oppressive towards woman, but the movie documents the life of a woman forced into an arranged marriage, where she is subsequently abused by her husband while pumping out children. She attempts to leave him, but instead of the community rallying around her and supporting her, they ostracize her to the point of LITERALLY turning their back on her while she walked on the street. The most fucked up part was the family of the husband attempted to burn her house down, and even though she went to the police, her former friends and family fabricated a story that she was mentally ill and a danger to the children, and she ultimately lost custody of the children.

The final icing on the cake was that she couldn't find work because the Hasidic education system apparently doesn't teach girls anything other than how to be a submissive housewife, and she was forced to live in public housing on social assistance (despite a desire to work and contribute).

Homophobic and Islamophobic. It's 2018 and this has no place in Western world. Most unAmerican thing I have seen.

Stick to your damn values.
tumblr_nxcmx0WJ631qa4l1ko1_540.gif

Bet that guy couldn't define "female" if a gun was to his head - even though he made his cabinet 50% of them.

Back