The moment Cody Garbrandt's career starting going down hill....

It was after he got knocked out by a juiced up Dillashaw

Maybe , also could have been when he got that savage beating by that walking steroid factory

He's like the Buster Douglas of mma.

He dedicated all his efforts in life to beating Dominick Cruz. After he accomplished that one goal, there was nothing left.

Also his chin took a lot of damage and became crystal. That famous alpha male full power sparring mentality.

His two five rounds beatings of Barao completely destroyed Barao's career and who knows if it would have happened if he wasn't full of EPO
Barao went 6 losses out of 7 after that. It wasn't TJ. At least we only had to see that goofy ass dance one more time after the TJ fight.

My guess, just from observing social media and what not, is that he drinks too much to maintain success. And I've always held that heavy drinking makes you easier to knockout, fucks with your balance and shit in your brain even when sober.

It's probably when TJ started taking EPO or god knows what else

epo-wolf-game.gif

BlankComfortableKookaburra-size_restricted.gif
You may recall Cody saying on camera that TJ taught them all how to do steroids. So Cody was definitely using as well.

If you think about it Dillashaw has F up a lot of things ar BW.

His two five rounds beatings of Barao completely destroyed Barao's career and who knows if it would have happened if he wasn't full of EPO

His two beatings of Garbrandt also stopped his momentum and made him a dumb brawler and only knows what he was taking beside EPO for those fights. I guess the whole stack because he hated Cody so much

Him being a skeleton at FLW that Cejudo spanked like a child and then popping made Cejudo double champ (deserved) and destroyed Marlon Moraes career

And finally Aldo didn't get the chance to be a double champ because he wasn't man enough to admit he had a debilitating injury cause he didn't want to wait another year for his own title shot

honestly a snake in the grass lol
Dillashaw juiced, but Barao was probably a far bigger serial juicer back in the day. Barao had the biggest drop off in the UFC when USADA rules took effect with the possible exception of Johny Hendricks. Barao was a killer before USADA and a complete bum afterwards, so I'm not going to put that freefall on Dillashaw.

Cody doesn't seem like a bad guy. Maybe not that bright, but def not a bad guy. Hate to see his down fall.

He definitely peaked with the Dom fight and has fallen from grace since that point. Gave us 1 more exclamation point to his career with the Assuncao KO, but that was it.

The light has flickered out. To the annals of history you go, Cody.

I get the sense TAM really brought out the worst side there and I think that ultimate did hurt him.

The way he delt with the TJ fued really wasnt good for his career IMHO, TJ as goofy as he is I don't think he really took the fued to heart nearly as much were as Cody was fighting with his ego, especially taking the second match right away and the way he fought it running into the same punch 3 times in quick succession, that was classic "you didnt hurt me bro!" bullshit.

Its a tightrope really though as more modern Cody is arguebly lacking some confidence and cockiness, not as willing to pressure opponents which was really key to his earlier sucess.

Cody has been sparring without head gear since he is a kid I guess. Bye bye chin.
His T Rex arms are his downfall. Imagine his power with heavier arms. Scary.
He figured Cruz out. Cruz doesn't have much power, still dropped Cody though. A master piece from Cody ngl.

Cody needed better coaches instead of his bros at Team Alpha Male

I thought it got traced back to the damage that JCVD inflcited on him because of the sparring

The guy got kicked in the face by Jean Claude Van Damme, of course his chin is done.

Meisha Tate Was trying to do him a solid and was trying to get him to stop because he was going to regret what he was saying on camera. Cody ran right through that stop sign.

Back