The most hardest and brutal Pill to swallow when it comes to Aldo

Aldo won WEC belt over Mike Brown, who in 5 UFC fights, lost 3, and won 2 decisions, where he threw 38, and then 60 punches.

Then Aldo won fights vs Faber and Gamburyan in WEC.

Mike Brown also beat Faber in WEC. Of 18 UFC fights, Faber lost 7.

Gamburyan, the last person Aldo beat in title fights at WEC. Got 4 wins and 5 losses and 1 overturned decision in the UFC.

Also, Aldo doesn't have a single submission win in UFC or WEC.

Mike Brown is 25-9 total and was already like 34 or 35 years old by the time the Ufc swallowed wec. How silly are you to act like his short stint in the ufc at the end of his career is indicative of anything?

The guy had wins over Faber x2, jeff Curran, and Yves Edwards. He was legit.

ALDO aint even top 3 FW.
1. VOLKANOVSKI
2. Max Holloway
3 Conor mcgregor
4. Aldo

Lets compare wins...
Volk beaten : Max x3, Aldo, Yair, Ortega (honorable mentions Mendes, zombie)

Max : Aldo x2, Ortega, Pettis, Yair and Ortega (honorable mention Allen, Gaethje, swanson)

Conor : Max, dustin, Aldo, mendes, Alvarez.( honorable mention Diaz)

Aldo: Frankie, mendez, zombie, Swanson. (honorable mention Faber)

You dont get to be the GOAT of the division just because you defend your belt more times against taxi drivers, Aldo literally brought his belt from another organization and started defending it in the UFC.. if Conor, max and Alex were given the same opportunity they'd have 10+ defences. What matters is who has the better wins.

Also he lost to all three of those guys in his prime. Just because you lose to better fighters dont mean you're out of your prime all of a sudden. he was in his late 20s and early 30s when he lost to these guys.

in before you say, he had an early prime lol... he is still winning fights so clearly he isn't washed like Ferg or Woodley... he just lost to better fighters in his prime, nothing wrong with that.
When ranking all time in a division you can't include fights outside the division. Alvarez & Diaz are LWs. So is Conor btw. Same way you don't count Conor's losses to Dustin in his FW record.

Defending is much harder and Aldo has the same number of defenses that Conor has fights at FW in the UFC. Not sure you realize that the WEC was the top organization in the world for FW & BW. Aldo fought Cub, Faber, Gamburyan & Mike Brown.

Aldo's run of Cub, Brown, Faber, Gamburyan, Hominick, Florian, Mendes,Frankie, KZ, Lamas & Mendes again is vastly superior to anything Conor did. Conor never even defended 1 time but he certainly had the opportunity. Not sure who the taxi driver's are on that list?

Mike Brown is 25-9 total and was already like 34 or 35 years old by the time the Ufc swallowed wec. How silly are you to act like his short stint in the ufc at the end of his career is indicative of anything?

The guy had wins over Faber x2, jeff Curran, and yves Edward's. He was legit.

They'll use anything they can to discredit Aldo sir.
I've come to terms with the fact that 1/2 of these cats are trolls or retarded or both.

Aldo won WEC belt over Mike Brown, who in 5 UFC fights, lost 3, and won 2 decisions, where he threw 38, and then 60 punches.
Wow, he won those two fights hardly throwing strikes? I guess that shows what a good grappler he is, a further testament to the diversity of Aldo's wins.

Hey bud. Just checked them. He threw 196 and 213 strikes. So you maybe wanna try again?

Last edited:
“Best” and “greatest” are different. He is the most accomplished FW ever and that can’t be taken from him. So GOAT is perfectly reasonable.

On the flip side I do not think he beats Max or Volk at any point in his career. Nor do i buy that he was out of his prime against McGregor when he got KTFO.

I get the feeling you missed that whole era?

If so, that's not your fault and I'm not being condescending as clearly not everyone has followed MMA since 2001 or whatever, but you can take it from the old timers that Faber is an elite fighter.

A WEC Featherweight with 5 successful defences pretty makes him Mr WEC, and don't be mistaken, WEC became the UFC lighter weight classes, so the fact he'd timed out a little bit by the time UFC bought the promotion is null and void as an excuse for overlooking him.

Dude's resume is outstanding, and he has tapped some of the best grapplers on the planet, as well as some of the biggest names.

I wasn't a fan of him getting the 'infinite title shots' treatment some guys get, but they were just so desperate to attach his name to the UFC roll call.

You know, he only beat those cans like jens pulver, dominic cruz, bibiano fernandez, rafael assunçao, etc etc....just a big ole can crusher that faber was back then! Who even are those guys?!

Last edited:
its not my made up list, its a list based on my ridiculously biased and false interpretation of events
You don't really have an argument.

who has Mike Brown beaten? Faber? i dont care if was number 1 FW in the world, it only shows the division wasnt that deep, Megan anderson was also number 1 when Amanda Nunes beat her, so we gon Hype that win aswel?
No she wasn't, she was just the contender they picked.

You know, he only beat those cans like jens pulver, dominic cruz, bibiano fernandez, rafael assunçao, etc etc....just a big ole can crusher that favor was back then! Who even are those guys?!
Jens Pulver has a loss to Leonard Garcia in WEC before UFC. Let me guess. Leonard Garcia is also the lightweight GSP?

Jens Pulver has a loss to Leonard Garcia in WEC before UFC. Let me guess. Leonard Garcia is also the lightweight GSP?

What a can!

Jens pulver debuted in the ufc in 1999. He didn't lose to leonard Garcia until almost 10 years later. What are you talking about?

And if you don't think jens pulver was a relevant win in the lighter weight classes during that decade, then you must be like 16 years old reading fight stats.

Last edited:
Wow, he won those two fights hardly throwing strikes? I guess that shows what a good grappler the is, a further testament to he diversity of Aldo's wins.

Hey bud. Just checked them. He threw 196 and 213 strikes. So you maybe wanna try again?
I checked the UFC stats bud. I wouldn't go back and watch all those WEC featherweight fights just to count either because McGregor brought a movement they didn't have.

I checked the UFC stats bud.
So did I bud. The difference is I know how to read

No, that everyone thinks because the UFC didn't have a 145lb division for a period, that the 145lb fighter's they hired from WEC must automatically be savages like Jon Jones.

I can agree Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit were amazing. But not Faber or Aldo I'm sorry.

Anthony Pettis is one of those champions- that if a guy like McGregor was champion in the division above or below - the UFC would be rushing McGregor to take their belt ASAP like Aldo and Alvarez
Nick Diaz was amazing but Aldo wasn't.

Thanks for coming, your opinion no longer matters here. Have a good trip out of this thread and into any other ones on this website that you plan to infect

Last edited:
Benson Henderson was a winning fighter when Pettis was champion. The UFC could not risk Aldo fighting Pettis for a 155lb belt, because if Henderson took both belts off Aldo, which was likely, Henderson could have left to Bellator with two UFC belts and humiliated the UFC on a level never seen.
Henderson couldn't make 145 so how would he have taken both belts.

Do you think much? You should really try it

who has Mike Brown beaten? Faber? i dont care if was number 1 FW in the world, it only shows the division wasnt that deep, Megan anderson was also number 1 when Amanda Nunes beat her, so we gon Hype that win aswel?
Haha. He was the greatest FW fighter on the planet. UFC's WFW division does not even remotely compare to the WEC. In fact the division was so deep and contained so many of world the top 15 that the UFC bought the entire organization out so they could open a legitimate division. Keep reaching though.

This is how history works. The same as your notable wins list, 10 years from now people will be telling you that guys like Ortega and Yair etc. were nobodies.

Don't shit on history that you do not understand

What a can!

Jens pulver debuted in the ufc in 1999. He didn't lose to leonard Garcia until almost 10 years later. What are you talking about?

And if you don't think jens pulver was a relevant win in the lighter weight classes during that decade, then you must be like 16 years old reading fight stats.

Guaranteed.
Jens was the fuckin champ ffs.

Back