The Myth of Sergei Pavlovich's Power

Ngannou is more technical than Wilder and has deadly counter punching.

Fogging hilarious take.

Ngannou is a joke, technically, and his KO percentage is 71% in the arena of joke MMA fist fighting (in 20 total wins) ...

Meanwhile Wilder's has a 98% KO percentage (in his 42 total wins), while competing in the elite-of-elite professional boxing.

Sit down and shaddap.

Thanks.

You don't need big KO power to beat Ngannou.

IMO he has one of the better chins in MMA, so that's not the way.

A good game plan, footwork and a chin that can take a few of his punches like Stipe did would be better.

Understood . IMHO Pav's offense, and defense, centers on him not being flat-footed. He knows that in-N-out punching likely prevents his own KO risk from being a more stationary target.
He learned to stop standing still from Overeem.

But does it matter? He finishes fights. 18 wins, only 3 decisions and every finish is in the first round. Big whoop if he doesn't 1 punch KO people? This feels like nitpicking to me.

It amazes me that people are still repeating the same terrible "hot take" that Wilder has bad technique. It's like a classroom full of people that all have the same answer because they all copied off the retard.

Wilder probably has the most underrated technique in recent boxing history.

His jab is tremendous. He uses every bit of his enormous reach and dictates range beautifully. This works perfectly to set up his right cross which is one of the best right crosses in HW history.

Right cross: pinpoint accurate, fast, deadly.

Wilder is defensively sound, in large part due to his fantastic understanding and control of range, he parries and blocks well. He knows how to pace himself, he retains his power all the way through the fight.

people saw a few clips of him winging wild punches at opponents that were already dazed and presenting NO threat of return fire and created this retarded nonsense narrative that Deontay cant box. Fucking morons.

Ngannou is more technical than Wilder and has deadly counter punching.

Fogging hilarious take.

Ngannou is a joke, technically, and his KO percentage is 71% in the arena of joke MMA fist fighting (in 20 total wins) ...

Meanwhile Wilder's has a 98% KO percentage (in his 42 total wins), while competing in the elite-of-elite professional boxing.

Sit down and shaddap.

Thanks.

It amazes me that people are still repeating the same terrible "hot take" that Wilder has bad technique. It's like a classroom full of people that all have the same answer because they all copied off the retard.

His jab is tremendous. He uses every bit of his enormous reach and dictates range beautifully. This works perfectly to set up his right cross which is one of the best right crosses in HW history.

Wilder is defensively sound, in large part due to his fantastic understanding and control of range, he parries and blocks well. He knows how to pace himself, he retains his power all the way through the fight.

people saw a few clips of him winging wild punches at opponents that were already dazed and presenting NO threat of return fire and created this retarded nonsense narrative that Deontay cant box. Fucking morons.

Bravo!

ImpossibleLeanFreshwatereel-size_restricted.gif

4a243d9e9eda6e6b9944677af2aac7a1d1dcca07r1-461-249_hq.gif

ContentEqualDrever-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Elements of truth to what the TS says interms of the blitzing/swarm style Sergei finishes with, but to deny the guy has very heavy hands is just being willfully contrarian. The truth doesn't always have to land in the middle, but in this case I'd say that Sergei is a big puncher that swarms for the finish.

I think the difference is people watch ngannou swinging punches when preparing for him and think they will see them coming and are suprised by his speed and ferocity.

I think people see sergei as a technical boxer and are suprised how powerful his punches are while still coming quickly.

Everyone sergei has hit seems super suprised by the power and start to panic. Nobody seems suprised when they get hit by ngannou and they usually are already unconscious before they can panic.

Of course people are gonna bring up Wilder's bad technique because he sometimes wilds out in the middle of a fight and throws like some street fighting hood.

0a0vc5zrk7oz.gif

Some of the punches he knocks people out with look like nothing,and he acts surprised that the guy fell,cos of his otherworldy natural power.

If Sergei threw every fucking shot from the other side of the cage with EVERYTHING he’s got… I’d bet money he’d completely shut some fighters brains off for 50 counts. But he’s smarter than that and is more crisp/sharp with his combos.

This reminds me of the argument of Wladimir Klitschko’s power vs Wilders. IF Klitschko wound up and threw every punch to the point of almost falling over his own feet, I’m sure he would absolutely flatline guys too here and there. He did anyway sometimes. But less ‘Highlight Reel’ KO’s. But… He arguably hit harder than Wilder but was sharper and way more economical.

When those two sparred, Wladimir showed him the importance of sharpness>>> Stupid haymakers. :D Knocked Wilder out cold. Twice
Yes. His entries are very good.

Wilder can box but is much has below average technique for a high level boxer. Ngannou has way better footwork, combinations, counters, and has more technical punches overall. Compare the second Ngannou vs Stipe and slugfest in the third Widler vs Fury.

Yeah it's how long he sustains his attack. If you look at my original post, or maybe one or two responses afterward, I mentioned this — it's like he just "decides" then it's a free-for-all slugfest until the end.

People keep covering-up, thinking it's going to stop, but he never stops.

It should be pointed out that three or four of his 6 "first round KO's" had the other fighter protesting the stoppage. They were covering up, but they were not knocked-out, or quitting, they were just covering up from his onslaught.

They been primarily strikers, who don't clinch or wrestle.

I think Stipe has the brains, size, legit athleticism + good physical condition, not to mention experience to give Pavlovich a run for his money.
Blaydes also protested both stoppages against Francis. Not against Pav though

Compare the second Ngannou vs Stipe and slugfest in the third Widler vs Fury.

{<huh}
Compare the HIGHEST LEVEL of elite heavyweight boxing against a 6'9 switch hitter who outboxed Klitschko...
To Ngannou fight old Chicago Golden Glove Stipe in an MMA match? (where stipe was trying to wrestle)

You know how many homers Mike Trout would hit off a regional U22 all star baseball team? That's about the same as what you are comparing.

Wilder has been boxing at the championship level since 2015.
Ngannou has bever boxed professionally.

TKO has the work "knock out" in it. They aren't getting into those positions because of his pace. Hes dropping and battering these guys in the first round. He's a slugger in boxing terms. Not explosive knockouts but its like being nailed by a rock. If you can't last 5 minutes standing with a guy cause of his power he hits hard.
I think it also bares mention that the purpose of a technical knockout is in essence to avoid the brain trauma of what the ref deems to be an inevitable knockout.

You have to fight back and/or intelligently defend or the fight is over. It has been this way in boxing for around 100 years.

Are they "knocked out" ? No.

But the sport doesn't allow the level of savagery that would follow if all these fights continued beyond a guy becoming a human punching bag.
(For the record, if it did, I'd watch, but it doesn't)

Blaydes was tagging Sergei at will with hard shots. It’s amazing he didn’t ko him. Ngannou would absolutely kill Sergei lol

I saw that too, Blaydes was able to connect with several hard shots.

On the one hand, credit to Sergei for taking those shots; on the other hand, there are heavyweights who hit a lot harder than Blaydes (think Ngannou, Miocic) who might well flatline Pavlovich, if he doesn't improve on his defense.

Back