The Nate Diaz 4th and 5th Round Myth.

No, the flawed logic remains the idea that Nate is some great championship round fighter. He's never won a fight that lased over 3 rounds.

It doesn't matter if he is or not

To say that he wouldn't have a chance in 4 and 5 is wrong

And the logic provide for why he wouldn't is wrong

Diaz does get better as the fight goes on for sure, but he's never won a 5 round fight so it's a moot point really

I feel like Mugatu from Zoolander, is everyone taking crazy pills?

Even Rogan and Cruz talked about how Nate excels in the 4th and 5th rounds cause of his excellent conditioning.

Nate has had just two fights go 5 rounds in his entire career against Benson and Conor and he lost them both.

for nate to do what to do 48-47?? jorge was clearly winning 3-0

It doesn't matter if he is or not

To say that he wouldn't have a chance in 4 and 5 is wrong

And the logic provide for why he wouldn't is wrong

Even if he won the last 2 rounds, he still loses 48-47. And even if Mas was gassed, I seriously doubt he gets finished or loses a round 10-8.

It's incredible. Joe Rogan said Ronda was an elite boxer...

He and Cruz say that Nate gets better in the 4th and 5th round when he's lost both fights he had that went to the 5th. It's a joke.

Its the assumption based on his conditioning in three round fights, as well as Nick excels in the later rounds so Nate kind of was gifted that.

He also won the 5th in a lot of eyes vs Conor and the Benson fight is so far out of my memory besides Benson winning, i dont want to comment

so if nate wins the 5th round he loses 49-46 still. or 48-47

Is this the first fight where a Diaz brother has lost and made excuses?

Nate still loses this fight and the fight to RDA if you gave him an extra 2 rounds...even if he steals the 5th round.

Jorge looked a bit worried coming into the fourth tbh
Probably worried Nate was going to bleed out in the octogan. That was a completely one-sided ass whooping - Jorge turned Nate into a panic wrestler.

Even Rogan and Cruz talked about how Nate excels in the 4th and 5th rounds cause of his excellent conditioning.

Nate has had just two fights go 5 rounds in his entire career against Benson and Conor and he lost them both.
But did he win those rounds? Yeah. Get the fook outta here. Masvidal seemingly slowed down in the end of the 3rd round. You'd be a lying piece of shit if you'd deny it. Not saying Nate would win that fight, but there was a window of opportunity for him in getting a late TKO or sub in the fight.

It's as absurd as Rogan's claims about how dangerous Nate is off his back and with leglocks. He's never had a leglock submission in his MMA career.

How did you determine that? For all you know, Jorge wanted to beat him up for 3 rounds and finish him in the 4th.
I just think his facial expresion seemed a bit odd. Like he was worried for something, could be that he felt bad for Diaz or that he was very tired

5 round Diaz. I guess no one has seen Benson Henderson dominate Diaz for 5 full rounds and win like 50-43 on judges scorecards. Diaz sure as heck showed Bendo in those last two rounds.

Benson fight is dumb to compare because he just got outgrappled there the same way he did the rest of the rounds..Doesn't say anything about his cardio.

Likewise, in the Conor fight he was coming off a dominant round that one judge scored 10-8. He coasted the 4th and turned it on in the 5th...if you take the McGregor fight as an example, Diaz won two out of the last 3 rounds so that pretty much disproves your point.

Lol Nate admitted he gassed against Pettis in a 3 rounder and now he says he was just getting warmed hp?

Back