THE NEW ORDER AND THE FUTURE OF BOXING: PART THREE

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Real good read

Top Rank and Matchroom each have one basic platform in the United States. Premier Boxing Champions started with seven (Showtime, CBS, NBC, ESPN, Fox, Bounce, Spike) and will have at least two for the foreseeable future.

On August 30, Showtime announced a three-year agreement with PBC that calls for monthly events to be televised live on Showtime with additional fights to be presented by Showtime Sports on other platforms.

On September 5, Fox Sports announced a four-year agreement with PBC. This deal includes ten prime-time “marquee fight nights” annually on Fox and twelve fight nights each year on FS1 and Fox Deportes. These fights will also be streamed live on the Fox Sports app, and there will be ancillary programming to spur interest in PBC fights and boxing. Pay-per-view telecasts are a possibility.

PBC’s original investors weren’t investing to build an over-the-top streaming video platform.

Full article:

https://www.ringtv.com/544577-the-new-order-and-the-future-of-boxing-part-three/

images

As long as everyone doesn't follow that ESPN + business model I'll be okay. I'm not subscribing an extra monthly cost to watch fights. If HBO is done then Showtime better give me something or I'm SOL to watch fights as they happen.

Marc A best TS in the game. Dare you to find better.

Viva Mexico! Viva los gifs/pics de todos las mujeres hermosa! Hope I said that right.

I am saddened to say I signed up for DAZN because with no HBO boxing, I need a secondary outlet to watch boxing apart from Showtime. ESPN I fear will try to shift too many important bouts to ESPN+ and since DAZN has the top European HWs and a the WBSS vs. Crawford and Pacquiao on ESPN+...I'm taking DAZN.

Im just very pleased to see the demise of Cable TV providers and seeing boxing as a contributer, with that said, dont be surprised if Showtime pulls out of boxing after the 3 year deal is over

Back