the not-so-amazing 'gotten to' of BrianFantana

punkmother

calf cruncher fan
@Steel
Reaction score
the challenge

find a completely average poster and see if you can how far you can string him along as the best poster in the world until his world comes tumbling down in a 'gotten to' mess.

the story

there once was a completely average poster named BrianFantana. Brian was completely average in every way. he partook in the normal reindeer games of 'gotten to' with average success and without ever landing on anyone's radar.

daddy punkmother and uncle Matt were bored one summer day. for the mere 'gotten to' of it all they decided to make a wager. you see daddy punkmother said that he could turn an average poster into 'the best poster on the sherdogs,' then with a little help turn the same average poster into a 'gotten to' mess.

the participants

punkmother
Matt
BrianFantana - the 'gotten-to' pet

the wager

$1

the irony
Nope. Just getting paid, and I type fast.

If you want a joke to stick, you have to set them up then knock them down.

the plan

it all started a week ago.

step 1. fabricate a list of top posters
step 2. place average poster at the top
step 3. place some pawns at the bottom to get the ball rolling

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f75/ot-power-rankings-top-5-bottom-5-08-13-2009-a-1032449/

step 4. assist average poster in a few areas (like brian said, you gotta set this shit up)
step 5. watch with joy as your pet defends his honor, and yours by way of 'earning' his spot
step 6. update the power rankings to fuel the fire

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f75/ot-power-rankings-top-5-bottom-5-8-20-2009-a-1035935/

step 7. reward pet with top billing
step 8. alter rankings based on new battles your pet has engaged in (include mr. omaplata)
step 9. instigate pet into battles with pointless trolls
step 10. watch as pet becomes enraged when others don't see his awesomeness

back to the story

immediately after landing in numero uno of the completely meaningful power rankings Brian became completely obsessed with proving himself. i could throw some links in right here, but i think that shit is self evident. check every post he has made since 8/13/2009. now this was quite the turn of events for a self professed king of 'gotten to.' remember, Brian claims to be an artful surgeon in his posts, surgeoning the rest of us with his text.

Brian even starts new battles at the whim of others.

exhibit a: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f75/dummies-1035493/
Brian likes lawyer talk.

i suspect Brian knew he was being prodded all along in his battle with Luba. but like Brian's net worth, it doesn't matter because he couldn't stop himself. his posts kept getting longer winded to the point of getting tl/dr'd by people that used to like him. Matt continued to taunt Brian's net worth all the while laughing that the poor kid couldn't not reply to Uncle Matthew.

at this point in time, with Brian's career suffering and his posting standing in the way of his net worth, we decided to pull the plug. i'm not here to watch an average poster commit suicide in a hail of 'gotten to' gunfire.

the result

one gotten to pet.

the $1 bet with Matt turned out to be a wash since i give credit to Matt for walking Brian to the edge of 'gotten to' with everybody else giving him the push.

more result

Brian will be by to let us know how little it matters that he was completely manipulated in the manner he was and that he knew all along (but if he didn't it still wouldn't matter). he will also let me know that i used the word 'irony' incorrectly.

hope you didnt waste to much time with this fucking drivel

brian fantana is a nerdy little cocksucker that anyone could kick the shit out of in here. fuck him

i'm still waiting for my top 5 p4p ranking
Posted via Mobile Device

This is why I post in the OT. I love this stuff!

Ooh la la. Look at you guys. How fancy.

'Obsessed with defending my honour'. Bravo.

I don't know how it can be said much clearer: I love arguing, and I will argue until whoever I'm arguing with gives up.

That's it, that's all.

Commence with the chorus of 'gotten to's and whatever else you like, because I'll still keep on with the arguing.

I'm glad I'm surrounded by so many brilliant social scientists. You all could sell this study for way more than $1.

hope you didnt waste to much time with this fucking drivel

brian fantana is a nerdy little cocksucker that anyone could kick the shit out of in here. fuck him

See, it's guys like this that I love the most. A little physical intimidation over the internet.

Ooooooooooo. Scaaaaary.

What a colossal idiot you are my man. Now, terrify me some more with your spooky stories!

Last edited:
True story.

PM I actually just pay pal'd you $1 per our agreement.

So let's get this straight: you guys found the most argumentative poster, and then bet that I could be the most argumentative?

Seems like a chimp could have solved that one for you.

seems like a massive waste of time and effort to prove absolutely nothing.

So let's get this straight: you guys found the most argumentative poster

No, just a random mediocre one. Actually, PM did. The terms of our bet were that he could choose someone.

as opposed to everything else that happens around here which is not a massive waste of time
Posted via Mobile Device

This thread has a chance of being awesome.

Also, the bet wasn't that we could make someone argumentative.

Wow. Some people take this shit way too seriously.

Now that's IRONIC.

But really, haven't you guys ever seen Trading Places? This was just a little social experiment born out of boredom and debate. Brian is Eddie Murphy, sort of.

Back