• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The odds on Rose and Shogun are kind of nuts, no?

The only reason Rose's odds are so low is because people are being stupid and taking a fight that happened 8 years ago when Rose was 22 in her 4th pro fight into serious consideration.

Really, the fact that it took until the 3rd round and for Rose to be gassed for such an already experienced Carla to finish Rose at that point in her career is actually more in favor of a Rose victory here to me. If she struggled to keep that much weaker Rose down and finish her, how on Earth will she stand a chance against this FAR superior version now?

Carla has a very good timing on her single leg and then runs the pipe well. Rose does have great getups, but doesn’t have fantastic take down defense in the first place. Carla will be smart and if she gets rose down, will only care about holding her down not risking advancing position or posturing up for gnp.

Carla getting 3 rounds via lay n pray and all the fans hating it is very much possible

correct. I might as well make two parlays, one with Justin and one with Charles. But right now the one I bet on was for Charles. It’s a toss up for me.
I ended up doing
Full Cover Round Robin on these:
Rose
Justin
Chandler
Canelo

Money Line on Shogun

Parlay:
Justin
Chandler
Fialho

Parlay:
OSP
Charles/Justin ITD
Dumont

Good luck to us both.

Try to be best
‘Cause you're only a man
And a man's gotta learn to take it
Try to believe
Though the going gets rough
That you gotta hang tough to make it
History repeats itself
Try and you'll succeed
Never doubt that you're the one
And you can have your dreams!
You're the best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you down
You're the Best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
Fight ‘til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you
Ah you gotta be proud
Starin' out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you
Try your best to win them all
And one day time will tell
When you're the one that's standing there
You'll reach the final bell!
You're the best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
You're the best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
Fight ‘til you drop
Never stop
Can't give up
Til you reach the top (FIGHT!)
You're the best in town (FIGHT!)
Listen to that sound
A little bit of all you got
Can never bring you down
You're the best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!

- Kenny Florian
I fucking heard that damn you.

I think the Rose odds are justified, Ovince being that much of a favorite is shocking to me, I'm honestly surprised his next fight wasn't in Bellator.

OSP/Shogun
Rose/Carla
Justin/Charles

Are the most 50/50 fights ever. I guarantee no matter who wins we will have a bunch of hindsight bias on how the results were obvious.

Ok so I am making a bet on Canelo Bivol and I see the numbers for the UFC, now, I haven't seen Ovince fight in a while and I know he has lost his last couple of fights but isn't Ovince at -250 over shogun a bit too short? Unless Ovince is absolute shit now, I don't see him losing to Shogun. But I haven't seen either guy fight in a while.

The other number that seriously pops out for me is Rose at only -210, I know she is prone to the Andrade KO at any moment and she may seem like a mental case sometimes but I don't see Rose losing this fight at all, certainly not for -210 numbers.

So I went and made a bet which I will probably lose, going for a 4 fold bet, if Chandler wins, at -400, if Rose Wins at -210, if Ovince wins at -250 and if Oliveira wins at -150, it pays +330.

Which at this moment, and I may be very wrong, seems like a very good bet to me because the only one in serious doubt there is Oliveria because Justin can knock his ass out. But the other 3, at least to me, seem like a given.

What do you guys think about those odds? I feel the Rose number is especially whack.
I did the same bet but Justin wins and rose via TKO ko. Got 20:1

Well, crazy how the one fight I thought was worse as far as odds go is the one that cost me my bet.

What the fuck thigh, I’m happy to lose that bet if it means rose loses after that performance.

Back