The Official Fifa World Cup thread v14: ENGLAND V SWEDEN Match Edition

Who goes through, England or Sweden?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folk are underestimating weo's Saville jab. Had me on the fn ropes!

Clear 10-10 rd in my eyes.

As an unbiased spectator, it had enough oomph behind it to disorientate you but you knocked him out COLD. SAVAGE.

Not enough rustle this year since the Brazilians never showed up ITT in full force like last WC. England shattered dreams loom

Not enough rustle this year since the Brazilians never showed up ITT in full force like last WC. England shattered dreams loom

No dreams of winning in this country, just legitimate joy being taken by the English - great summer, and a football team that’s overdelivered, by recent standards.

Well maybe a few dreams, but we’re all just enjoying a great tournament and a great summer.

hoping I can get that teaching job next year lol

it's dependent on my results. I'll get the full breakdown in 2 weeks.

Honestly though Brazil arguably got a bit lucky to get as far as the Semi's last time, this team looked significantly better to me yet didn't really get the same luck in the big games plus were facing a better side in Belgium than anyone they faced pre Germany last time.

Not really on the level of the 82 or 98 teams as a "best team not to win the world cup" contender though.

Honestly though Brazil arguably got a bit lucky to get as far as the Semi's last time, this team looked significantly better to me yet didn't really get the same luck in the big games plus were facing a better side in Belgium than anyone they faced pre Germany last time.

Not really on the level of the 82 or 98 teams as a "best team not to win the world cup" contender though.
there are no contenders, the answer is Holland 74

Belgium killed it with fast counters. Brazil started really slow and that costed the game.

im fucking off to wales btw.

ive decided.

Gonna eat Adonis kebab wiht Weo

BeeCee's videos have been the best part of these WC threads

4 years time, you'll remember them

That and the blockey v Weo parring.

Otherwise it's been tame compared to 2014 imo

Nothing will compare to 2014

there are no contenders, the answer is Holland 74

I do actually think the 98 side gets overlooked rather, for me it was better than the winning sides in 94 and 02 with both Ronaldo and Rivaldo arguably at the peaks of their powers with the formers fit pre France being IMHO a big part in the French upset.

This world cup is perhaps lacking in ultimate quality from any team but I would say its actually the first time since 98 that its really felt like a great event rather than endless disappointing defencive games in the knockout rounds.

meh, nothing will ever beat Brazil losing 7-1.

these quarters have been like a UFC PPV, earlier we had the co-main event & the main event, tomorrow we start off with a WMMA fight, so got take a shit, have a smoke or make a sandwich, and end with an unexpected late replacement with a two week camp Vs a genuine contender

Game finished and I was ordered to mow the lawn. Finished it in record time and went to DD and got a free coolata.

Winning

So does Neymar sign for Real Madrid this year? He's definitely not staying in PSG...

Firmino and Douglas Costa should have started. Jesus has had a terrible tournament coach had so much faith in him, also surprising they kept changing captain.

2 weeks down, 50 to go. Night all.

It's coming home lads.

harry-kane-england-world-cup_4352764.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back