The Official Fifa World Cup thread v15: Sebbe, do you need picking up in the morning pal? Edition

Would you give @Sebbe a lift in the morning if he needed one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does remind me of Scholes post Euro 2004 a bit even if the criticism is a little more justified here.

For me though the real problem was simple, the German's defence aging and full of holes. That might be ok in qualifying but your not going to win a WC like that, even if they'd gotten though I think someone would have found them out.
The defence isn't too old or too slow, the problem was the black hole they called midfield (defensively and offensively). Kroos and Khedira together doesn't work and in addition to that they both had a terrible tournament, as well as Özil who doesn't fit in the team at all. Strikers aren't very good either.

It's not like the problems couldn't be adressed, but then you have an extremely shitty coach who simply won't go away. Löw is the luckiest guy on earth, he didn't even have success coaching no name bum clubs and then got carried by the best german generation in decades.

Brazil were not a far better side. It was clear Belgium were ok with having Brazil in their half and to hit them on the counter.
They were far better. They cheffed Belgium up. Brazil shudda battered them 5-1.

Courtois had a f'n blinder & folk getting blinded by the underdog spirit were raving about Hazard being ready for Real Madrid, just cuz he wasnt marked the whole game & could drain the clock in the corners.

@Deffid whats the deal with yer boy Yarmalenko going to the Irons?

Pellegrini doing work this summer
Lots of bad luck for Yarmo here, sadly. He started very well, then Peter Bozo destroyed the team and he was injured very often. I still believe in his skills, but can understand the need to sell him (rather old, expensive, probably not a starter next season, we get the money back or even more...). Can't wait until the likes of Durm, Sahin (luff him, but his time is up), Rode and especially Schürrle are all gone.

They were far better. They cheffed Belgium up. Brazil shudda battered them 5-1.

Courtois had a f'n blinder & folk getting blinded by the underdog spirit were raving about Hazard being ready for Real Madrid, just cuz he wasnt marked the whole game & could drain the clock in the corners.

Not far better. Courtois played very well but Brazil were always going to get spanked on the counter. That's just the way each team decided to play. They both missed some good open chances.

Europeans are going to be insufferable for the next four years.
How so?

Europeans have won the WC for the past 3 WCs in a row, now 4 is certain. And they havent been as arrogant and ignorant as the American counterparts.

I like Lovren though. Solid CB for Prem. Gets an inordinate amount of criticism but has built a solid partnership with VVD.

I like Lovren though. Solid CB for Prem. Gets an inordinate amount of criticism but has built a solid partnership with VVD.

Agreed. Would lovren for lfc to make an offer for Harry Mag tho

Not far better. Courtois played very well but Brazil were always going to get spanked on the counter. That's just the way each team decided to play. They both missed some good open chances.
Brazil didnt decide to cough up an unlucky OG. You're getting blinded by one passage of play(KdB goal).

Brazil did what they wanted to when they wanted to. Rewatch the game.

Last edited:
You're getting blinded by one passage of play

Brazil did what they wanted too when they wanted too.

Belgium did what they wanted to when they wanted to. Which is why they are going through.

Might interest @Rawex @blokeybloke

I heard from several "ITKs" that our main target this summer is Morata and that the management is willing to pay €60-70m for him. One even said that with Morata himself the basic contract details are agreed already. The plan is to address the other issues on the roster in Winter 2018 and Summer 2019. So far this window kinda proves the point, CB and CM were the main issue and all the other deals were cheap, already including the Hakimi loan.

Agreed. Would lovren for lfc to make an offer for Harry Mag tho
Does Harry look a bit fitter to you in this WC?

Looked a bit slow during Prem season. He is surrounded by muck at Leicester though, so maybe its that.

I heard from several "ITKs" that our main target this summer is Morata and that the management is willing to pay €60-70m for him. One even said that with Morata himself the basic contract details are agreed already. The plan is to address the other issues on the roster in Winter 2018 and Summer 2019. So far this window kinda proves the point, CB and CM were the main issue and all the other deals were cheap, already including the Hakimi loan.

Which club r u?

Does Harry look a bit fitter to you in this WC?

Looked a bit slow during Prem season. He is surrounded by muck at Leicester though, so maybe its that.

I've always liked him. He does look maybe a little trimmer everywhere other than his head

Who are your sources?!? :eek:

Deffs got a link now hahaa

I've always liked him. He does look maybe a little trimmer everywhere other than his head
He's better at carrying the ball than our midfielders lol

We've been playing really well out of the back. Folk are hating on the quality of our oppo but breaking down low blocks is a tough task. Ask Spain.

Brazil/Belgium gm on FS2 rn

Rewatch it @gtm3 , Brazil are literally walking through Belgium's midfield lol

Some atrocious finishing though.

Not true. Brazil are & were a far better side than Belgium.

Will you say the same after Belgium win the whole thing?

Would be nice if France are in the final, we'll be in Paris next Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back