The pinnacle of the UFC HW division?

Alistair-Overeem_original_crop_exact.jpg

Neither JDS nor Cain were in their primes when Francis battered them.
35 and 36 years old, hard and cold truth.
What fans call their primes is just the time when they were facing weaker opposition like Hunt, Brock, Big Foot, Travis Brown.

35 and 36 years old, hard and cold truth.
What fans call their primes is just the time when they were facing weaker opposition like Hunt, Brock, Big Foot, Travis Brown.

28-34 is a man's physical prime. People around here constantly confuse "prime" with "peak". They are not the same.

Tank Abbott vs. Don Frye. Both were defiantly in their prime!:D

Stipe vs DC is the greatest matchup ever made in HW MMA. The pinnacle thus far

On paper and considering the fighters' skills then yes, Stipe-DC is the pinnacle. However, if we go by excitement that trilogy didn't do much for me. The second fight was great but the other two were marred by eye pokes (in fact all 3 were), plus the general context was not so exciting (you knew DC would retire after, Stipe's overall inactivity, etc).

YMMV but for me Cain-JDS trilogy felt way more epic in comparison.

Prime DC vs Prime Stipe was the pinnacle ( in 2019 ) ! Best HW fight ever

On paper and considering the fighters' skills then yes, Stipe-DC is the pinnacle. However, if we go by excitement that trilogy didn't do much for me. The second fight was great but the other two were marred by eye pokes (in fact all 3 were), plus the general context was not so exciting (you knew DC would retire after, Stipe's overall inactivity, etc).

YMMV but for me Cain-JDS trilogy felt way more epic in comparison.
To each their own sherbro. I just think Stipe and DC are more skilled fighters then JDS and Cain thats why I say its the pinnacle however when Jon fights Stipe that will be the pinnacle

To each their own sherbro. I just think Stipe and DC are more skilled fighters then JDS and Cain thats why I say its the pinnacle however when Jon fights Stipe that will be the pinnacle

I agree with you on Stipe and DC being the pinnacle as far as kills go. That's literally the first thing I wrote :).

Back