The Poisons in Your Food

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread was created in mind for those who are looking for a better diet. I myself have been eating considerably healthier over the past year. However, I'm searching for a cleaner diet that better affects not only my body but my mind.

I'm beginning my research on the poisons that are put into many types of foods, a few that are already popular. But, for some reason these poisons still exist and have adverse effects.

MSG - Mono Sodium Glutamate

There are other nervous system stimulants that tend to disrupt healthy function of the endocrine system. These include sugar and MSG (monosodium glutamate). MSG is something you have to look for on food labels because it's hidden in a lot of grocery store products. This is a highly toxic ingredient. It will not only cause sleep disorders, it will also tend to cause migraine headaches and can even lead to Alzheimer's disease. MSG does not belong in the human body. It can even interfere with normal appetite regulatory functions and make it almost impossible for people to lose weight, especially if they are currently obese.

MSG-- A dangerous food additive

Sodium Benzoate

Sodium benzoate is a commonly found preservative in such food and drink products as fruit juice, soft drinks, coffee flavoring syrups, as well as a variety of condiments. Although the FDA has previously classified sodium benzoate as a safe preservative, this classification is now being questioned. It appears that sodium benzoate forms a chemical known as benzene when in the presence of vitamin C. Benzene not only causes damage to DNA, the genetic material, it's also a known carcinogen and appears to play a role in a variety of diseases due to it's DNA damaging capabilities.

How to Understand the Dangers of Sodium Benzoate as a Food Preservative | eHow.com

Sodium Nitrate/Nitrate

In small amounts, sodium nitrite isn't toxic, though it can form compounds that are highly dangerous through chemical reactions in the body. In large quantities, however, the salt itself may be harmful, notes the "Material Safety Data Sheet" for nitrate. It irritates mucous membranes and can lead to rapid heart rate and rapid breathing, as well as seizures, coma, and death. Excess contact with skin and eyes causes redness, itching and swelling.

Sodium Nitrite Dangers | LIVESTRONG.COM

BHA and BHT

Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) are used similarly to propyl gallate -- to keep fats and oils from going rancid. Used commonly in cereals, chewing gum, vegetable oil and potato chips (and also in some food packaging to preserve freshness), these additives have been found by some studies to cause cancer in rats. If a brand you commonly buy uses these additives, look for a different variety, as not all manufacturers use these preservatives.

There are many more. Preservatives and additives that have different effects on the body and compounds with other elements to cause even worse effects.

One thing that I have learned is that you cannot shop at a chain store without finding a product that is sold without at least one harmful ingredient in it.

MSG is not toxic.

I stopped reading your scaremongering post right there.

Hahahaha, are you sure you aren't fonfusing Potassium nitrate with sodium nitrate? If so, thats like confusing ethanol with metanol.

Know the difference.

Either way, thanks for a good laugh.

BTW; here are some of the horrific side effects of nitrates, which are abundent in fruit and vegetables by the way, much more so than in any sort of cured/processed meat.

The Nitrate Content of Spinach Increases the Energy Efficiency of Our Body

"" The findings, published in Cell Metabolism, are of interest in sports physiology, because they show that nitrate reduces the oxygen consumption during exercise, but also of potential relevance to diseases involving mitochondrial dysfunction, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

The group also recently demonstrated that nitrate reduces blood pressure of healthy individuals and in laboratory animals contrasts with the components of metabolic syndrome. Other scientists have shown protective effects of nitrates and nitrites in animal models against heart attack and stroke.
Researchers do not want this study to recommend anyone to start taking supplements through inorganic nitrate on the basis of these results. Rather, say the findings may offer an explanation of the health benefits of fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables. ""

so i shouldn't be avoiding MSG and nitrates and shit like the plague? i can eat them a lot and still be a healthy individual?

Theres far worse shit they put in foods then the examples you listed, namely hydrogented oils and HFCSs.

and HFCSs.

ObamaFace_palm_opt.jpg

Hahahaha, are you sure you aren't fonfusing Potassium nitrate with sodium nitrate? If so, thats like confusing ethanol with metanol.

Know the difference.

Either way, thanks for a good laugh.

Yea I'm definitely "fonfusing" it, dipshit.

MSG is not toxic.

I stopped reading your scaremongering post right there.

Yes, my scare mongering. The many thousands of pages of research done by many different scientific groups that come to the same conclusion must be full of shit. Lead the way Dr. Revok.

Last edited:
All other things aside, high fructuose corn syrup is ABSOLUTELY not the same as other sugar. Its a completely different molecule with different molecular properties. To suggest otherwise is wholly irresponsible. The chemical properties of it are also not negligible, as how its broken down in the body is different than table sugar, or regular fructose. Hence the "high fructose" distinction.

^ Yes, absolutely.

HFCS are molecularly unbound from industrialized tampering as opposed to normal fructose which is found in a naturally bound state.

Their not the same thing, it's about 10 times worse then sugar is (which is already bad enough)

Those propaganda commercials from the corn grower industry are fucking hilariuos though....

MGS in food may not be bad per se. But it's a sign for me that their product is bad enough to valid taste additives. So i avoid it.

It's like dating a woman with big nice tits but once that push up comes off they are just big saggy pancakes....

I read study that found chronic msg administration gradually destroyed rats vagal nerve, stopping feedback from the stomach to the brain, and so reducing satiety. Cant remember specific details (ie administration route and doses) but its still pretty interesting.

All other things aside, high fructuose corn syrup is ABSOLUTELY not the same as other sugar. Its a completely different molecule with different molecular properties. To suggest otherwise is wholly irresponsible. The chemical properties of it are also not negligible, as how its broken down in the body is different than table sugar, or regular fructose. Hence the "high fructose" distinction.

The only practical difference between sucrose and HFCS is in the bonding. The glucose & fructose in HFCS is mainly free and unbonded, while it is bonded in sucrose. However, this makes no *meaningful* difference in regards to metabolism in the body. The bonds in sucrose are quickly broken when sucrose hits the acid environment of the stomach. This means that once sucrose hits the stomach, it’s no different from HFCS. Once you get to the small intestine, metabolism is *exactly* the same. The fact is, HFCS and sucrose are identical as far as your body is concerned. The difference in bonding wouldn’t make a shred of difference in regards to your health.
jk

Back