The Pub

I wish I was from a country that gave a shit about people. Instead Im from a country run by a muslim/isis sympathiser.

Fuck obama...fuck that guy in the asshole.

dudes at my gym got mat becuse I kicked a dude in the face....

I know it was a **** move but he was talking shit.....bam son....

I paid $3700 out of pocket for my ACL reconstruction and subsequent rehab sessions and office visits. I have Aflac accident supplemental insurance and got $1700 back, but that is still some BS. All my facilities and doctors were in network, part of the reason I didn't go to a better doctor and physical therapy place. I also waited 10 weeks between injury and surgery, due to having to get the MRI authorized and then waiting for results from that, and scheduling.

I'm cheesed I don't get health care out of Canada. I don't expect some hut of a doctor's office here to swipe my OHIP card and let me go but getting reimbursed would be nice. I paid my taxes, don't understand why I shouldn't get it, other than fear of some sketchy doctor claiming thousands and thousands for some surgery while I'm drinking a big Tiger on the beach.

It's not possible to get reimbursed once you return to Ontario? Or can you only do that with certain countries?

I think having daughters that age gets you off the hook for a lot of stuff including bronny-ism....unless you are actually a fan of my little pony.

I would say that I do actually enjoy My Little Pony...so take it for what its worth. I aint scurred!

Actually the episode with the Minotaur Iron Will is a pretty good episode. Hes pretty much a bro.

Hearing about medical expenses & health care costs in other countries is just crazy.

I had a small meniscus tear in my right knee a few years ago. I have excellent insurance through my employer & I was also covered by my wife's employer as a secondary. Checked to make sure the surgeon was "in network" with my insurance company, he was. Went in one morning for surgery, home by noon.

Turns out the doctor was in network, but the doctor's office where they performed the surgery wasn't. (Does that make ANY sense???) Insurance only pays 80% anyway....so that ended up being about $2500-$3000 out of pocket.

You can thank the Flexner report for America's modern health care capabilites...you can also thank the people that sponsored the Flexner report for the cost of America's health care.

Hearing about medical expenses & health care costs in other countries is just crazy.

I had a small meniscus tear in my right knee a few years ago. I have excellent insurance through my employer & I was also covered by my wife's employer as a secondary. Checked to make sure the surgeon was "in network" with my insurance company, he was. Went in one morning for surgery, home by noon.

Turns out the doctor was in network, but the doctor's office where they performed the surgery wasn't. (Does that make ANY sense???) Insurance only pays 80% anyway....so that ended up being about $2500-$3000 out of pocket.
Shit man. I don't even have private health insurance and i got everything for free. Including two nights stay in hospital.

No offense to anyone but America's health and education systems are a joke--a laughing stock throughout the world, except that it's legitimately sad.

The thing that gets me is that the health and education systems in America are designed in blind faithfulness to neo-liberal ideology, by a bunch of old, outdated ideologues.

For the richest nation in the world to have literally the worst education/healthcare of all developed nations is beyond me.

Damn right! From what I gather nhs is basically the same as we have here in Aus. Our system is called "Medicare". Every person pays 1.5% of their taxable income to medicare and that makes everything free.

Shit man. I don't even have private health insurance and i got everything for free. Including two nights stay in hospital.

No offense to anyone but America's health and education systems are a joke--a laughing stock throughout the world, except that it's legitimately sad.

The thing that gets me is that the health and education systems in America are designed in blind faithfulness to neo-liberal ideology, by a bunch of old, outdated ideologues.

For the richest nation in the world to have literally the worst education/healthcare of all developed nations is beyond me.

Correction, from a sever trauma and reductionist stand point our medical is the best in the world. From a Naturopath/Holistic healthy preventionist stand point ours and most of the West's medical is pretty damn bad. From a cost, ease of use, accessibility stand point ours is the worst and its not even close.

Once again...to get on my soap box, this can all be traced back to Carnegie and Rockefeller, both of who were heavily invested in oil and pharmaceuticals. They, mainly Rockefeller killed Naturopathic medicine...which is what keeps you from getting sick. It also changed the way medical school works, increasing time in school instead of training in the field with an actual doctor. This led to loans, which lead to tuition hikes, which led to doctors demanding more for their services to pay for their loans, which all falls on the customer...AKA the sick/injured.

Pretty much everyone on the planet doesnt realize how a select group of elitists in the early 1900s forever altered the course of this planet for their gain and our loss.

I don't have a deep understanding of Obamacare but it seems like an absolute clusterfuck and a terrible way to implement a health care system. I think universal/national health care is an important thing to have but I don't think Obamacare is the way to do it.

Correction, from a sever trauma and reductionist stand point our medical is the best in the world. From a Naturopath/Holistic healthy preventionist stand point ours and most of the West's medical is pretty damn bad. From a cost, ease of use, accessibility stand point ours is the worst and its not even close.
I suspect you're right. The bolded part is specifically what I am referring to. If people can't use it what does it matter! Thanks for the history lesson. Imma get googling and read more about Carnegie and Rockerfeller.

Seems like a similar pattern though. Nefarious fucking people and their greedy self-interest fucking everyone else, a la gene and medical patents etc.

I don't have a deep understanding of Obamacare but it seems like an absolute clusterfuck and a terrible way to implement a health care system. I think universal/national health care is an important thing to have but I don't think Obamacare is the way to do it.

Under Obamacare the amount of medical codes increased by almost 800%. Ive heard many doctors including the doc my kids go to say that there were already too many codes...this was before Obama care increased them.

As Rand Paul pointed out...there are multiple codes for being bitten by a Turtle...and even one for being struck by a Turtle. How does one get struck by a Turtle and why are there multiple codes for a Turtle bit?

Obamacare is intentionally confusing. That makes it easier to steal money. Oh and you can also steal money then claim incompetence. Its all bullshit. Its a racket.

So, it's been a while since I've posted here, think I last updated my log in December? Lol, But anyways my work's had me really busy as we're trying to grow our school atm. Right now we're a little over 200 students, and we're making an agressive marketing/advertising push to try and get to 300 by the end of the year. So it's had me busy in combination with my training lol.

BUT on a good note out of that, I just wanted to tell y'all that my boss is going to be trying to send me to california to train and get certified under Andre Galvao for my BJJ training (fully paid for). Which is literally a dream come true. So I just had to post about it haha.

I'll try and be more active on here, but the couple times i've dropped in to lurk the main board was a nightmare...:icon_chee

Dude! Good to see you.

That's awesome, congrats!

Lately I've been wondering about whether how much training you believe you can recover from actually impacts recovery to any significant extent.

If you look at the health care costs per person in the United States they're the largest in the world - but I don't think very many people would argue that the US has the best health care in the world - rather it means that you have people making very large amounts of money through the American health care system. As long as you have people making that much money, actually being able to change the health care system to make it more affordable or universal, is going to be exceedingly difficult. There's too much vested interest in it remaining broken.

Obama care is bullshit, everything about obama is bullshit. I hope everybody that voted for him realizes how fucked America is. Obama is doing his best to destroy our great nation. He's a muslim/isis sympathiser and a crook.

Obama care is bullshit, everything about obama is bullshit. I hope everybody that voted for him realizes how fucked America is. Obama is doing his best to destroy our great nation. He's a muslim/isis sympathiser and a crook.
Not that I've actively thought about it, but I suppose I am a Muslim sympathiser too. Because I sympathise with people. I also have many Muslim friends/colleagues.

I'm curious about the last bit though. Why do you think Obama is an ISIS sympathiser?

It's not possible to get reimbursed once you return to Ontario? Or can you only do that with certain countries?

from the ministry of health site:

OHIP will pay very limited amounts for physician services and hospital/health facility services, and only if certain conditions are satisfied (refer to section below "What is not covered by OHIP?"). Under Ontario's Health Insurance Act and regulations, physician services are subject to different conditions than hospital services.

OHIP will pay only for insured, emergency out-of-country health services that are rendered to an insured person. To qualify as an 'emergency' there are a number of criteria that must be satisfied. These criteria are set by regulation and include the conditions listed below that must be met :

the treatment must be medically necessary, and
the treatment must be performed at a licensed hospital or licensed health facility, and
the treatment must be rendered in relation to an illness, disease, condition or injury that :
is acute and unexpected, and
arose outside of Canada, and
requires immediate treatment.

My guess is if something went wrong, I'd get several cents to my dollar spent and it'd take a long time to get it.

As were already at politics: Is it true that only 50% of americans don't pay income tax?

Back