The real reason UFC is never going to be as popular as other big sports organisations

We're fans of a niche bloodsport. It's human cockfighting.

<{JustBleed}>
Nope...cockfighting is to the death. This sport is a natural progression to the different martial arts having separate competitions and claiming they have the best art. The mixed part makes it better than each individual art of it's own. It's best as a niche sport. Let WWE be mainstream and keep this one the way it is. No BMF bullshit.

Maybe some women can't stomach the violence, but you're telling me that a man looks at mma and its just too violent for him... give me a break
Have you missed the epidemic of estrogen contaminating the men of today? For fuck sakes most don't even identify as male anymore.

Boxers only fight 2 or 3 times a year max but that's a big sport that has done amazingly well.

Sure, it's been around longer and had more time to grow but it has and their fighters also only fight 2 or 3 times a year.
It’s really not that big a sport. There are some big events in a year.

Guess you have never heard of boxing...

boxing is really not bigger than mma. They have better sponsors and better tv deals because they have been around longer, sponsors play a huge part in fighter pay. Televisa channels in Mexico and Latin America pay a lot of money for boxing matches, if it were based on ppv sales alone boxers wouldn’t take home so much$$$

They will never have enough star power simply because fighters fight 2-3 times a year max, basketball wouldn't be popular if the biggest stars played 2-3 times a year, imagine LeBron playing only twice a year... its not the fighters fault really, it's the way the sport works, people get injured and for some reason need a 12 week training camp, wtf are you doing for the rest of the year? isn't this mma thing you're job.
I think it will never be that mainstream because you need to appreciate nuanced fight skills to get past the blood and gore. Most guys don’t train like me and y’all

Ufc is a sport?

No, it's a banana ketchup.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_(brand)

Skinny-Jeans1.jpg

It's really surprising to you?

Men?

{<jordan}

For me it's the structure and the way things are run.

Jones, McGregor, Khabib, even DC have all shown terrible behavior with no repercussions. Lesnar gamed the system. CM Punk debacle. This BMF bullshit.

It just doesn't seem like a legitimate sport. Too much profiteering and politics. Too many double standards to make it anything more than prize fighting.

The violence has nothing to do with it. Worse KO's happen in football and hockey every year.

They will never have enough star power simply because fighters fight 2-3 times a year max, basketball wouldn't be popular if the biggest stars played 2-3 times a year, imagine LeBron playing only twice a year... its not the fighters fault really, it's the way the sport works, people get injured and for some reason need a 12 week training camp, wtf are you doing for the rest of the year? isn't this mma thing you're job.
Boxers fights 2 or 4 times a year as well. Tennis players only have 4 major tournaments per year.
Clear understanding of the sport is the only thing that's missing. Too many people still think of it as skill-less brutes trying to kill each other.

For me it's the structure and the way things are run.

Jones, McGregor, Khabib, even DC have all shown terrible behavior with no repercussions. Lesnar gamed the system. CM Punk debacle. This BMF bullshit.

It just doesn't seem like a legitimate sport. Too much profiteering and politics. Too many double standards to make it anything more than prize fighting.

The violence has nothing to do with it. Worse KO's happen in football and hockey every year.
lol. you think football players show better behavior and do less drugs / ped's????? or don't have refereeing mistakes that make people questions the integrity of the game? or don't change rules for entertainment?

The reason is it doesn’t cost 60 bucks to watch 1 single football, baseball, basketball, etc game... if they did a lot less people would watch.

Its people hitting each other. It will always be niche.

The average, well-adjusted person just can't stomach the violence of MMA.
This.
Maybe some women can't stomach the violence, but you're telling me that a man looks at mma and its just too violent for him... give me a break
After travelling for the past 10 years its very hard to find places that watch it. Some places think its too violent or gay because of the grappling. I have heard many times men say they cant watch it because its too full on. They love Rugby and other contact sports but MMA is too violent in those exact words. Shit bro cunts dont know which bathroom to use.

This.

After travelling for the past 10 years its very hard to find places that watch it. Some places think its too violent or gay because of the grappling. I have heard many times men say they cant watch it because its too full on. They love Rugby and other contact sports but MMA is too violent in those exact words. Shit bro cunts dont know which bathroom to use.
The public can stomach the hits in Football and Rugby because it's sanitized onscreen. They're reduced to abstractions because of the camera angles.
HalfFamousGartersnake-max-1mb.gif

That guy is sustaining heavy damage there but it doesnt look that violent to a TV viewer. A lot more personal in boxing or MMA where you see the damage and pain on the fighter's faces.

i

I don’t view the sport that way, but you are right that many do. Hell even some so called fans here are more interested in the spectacle than the actual sport. TS has a good point as well IMO.

I don't either. Its about martial arts to me.

Tennis players only have 4 major tournaments per year.
Yup but that's damn complicated and isn't like pro combat sports. For example for boxing your manager and promoter arranges you next opponent, u might have months long notice.

Tennis is tricky because lottery for pairs.
Like first game cycle, second, third, fourth.
U might get guy ranked 190 th or 1 st even for first match. Lost, all tournament is ended for you. Won, get next match.
Won next, get next match again.
U don't know u will play 3 hours or 5 hours plus game too.

Back