The reason Cyborg lost

The reason why she lost was she got punched in the face and KO'd

No matter what might be going on in her head, you're not going to win if that happens.

I agree with you. I would never say that she was never any good. I would actually favor her in the rematch. What I meant by that is after a loss, a fighter will either change for the better or for the worse. I see her as being the type that would take the challenge and come in better. I actually think that technically, Valentina is a better fighter than Nunes.

I agree on all front Valentina lacks power though or enough of it.. Not sure why though she's a true muay Thai style fighter and they are a power based style of striking but she does not appear to have much stopping power but is very fast, technical and well rounded..would like to see the Nicco fight though..just don't like when champs don't beat the last person to hold the belt to win the belt.. Doesn't feel right till they fight

I was surprised she didn't ko Joanna like rose did.. Considering she use to fight 135

I agree on all front Valentina lacks power though or enough of it.. Not sure why though she's a true muay Thai style fighter and they are a power based style of striking but she does not appear to have much stopping power but is very fast, technical and well rounded..would like to see the Nicco fight though..just don't like when champs don't beat the last person to hold the belt to win the belt.. Doesn't feel right till they fight

I was surprised she didn't ko Joanna like rose did.. Considering she use to fight 135

Agreed. The Nicco fight would clean up the situation.

Other than her brawling and swinging for the fences, but my theory is that she's gotten soft lately in an effort to be more marketable. Once you soften up your mind, you expose yourself to the hungry lions (or lionesses) of the world, and that's what happened. Anyone agree or disagree?

Please.

I believe cyborg isn't done she's just gone all rocky 3. She's been the best at what she does for along time she just beats everyone with ease that must have an effect on you she must of thought I'm unstoppable it doesn't matter who you put Infront of me I'll just win anyway, then along come nunes.

Other than her brawling and swinging for the fences, but my theory is that she's gotten soft lately in an effort to be more marketable. Once you soften up your mind, you expose yourself to the hungry lions (or lionesses) of the world, and that's what happened. Anyone agree or disagree?

I think she just got punched in the face a lot.

So the style that had worked for Cyborg up until now was being inaccurate and flustered?

Mate She would bum rush and overwhelm lesser opponents. She was a bully in the ring. She was never a accurate composed striker.

Even in her fight vs Holly she was swanging n banging in the pocket. This whole narrative that she had evolved into a composed striker is BS

Joanna wasn't knockdowned in her last 3 fights (and she was knockdowned in all 4 fights between UFC 200 and UFC 217),after she changed nutrionist. Chin is better when you moving up, power is worse when you moving down. Valentina had no chance to KO Joanna, or very very small chance. Valentina has zero knockdowns in her UFC career, let's not even talk about TKO's or KO's, no volume or power to do it.

Joanna wasn't knockdowned in her last 3 fights (and she was knockdowned in all 4 fights between UFC 200 and UFC 217),after she changed nutrionist. Chin is better when you moving up, power is worse when you moving down. Valentina had no chance to KO Joanna, or very very small chance. Valentina has zero knockdowns in her UFC career, let's not even talk about TKO's or KO's, no volume or power to do it.

OK... This is different then what I was saying ?

Valentina was coming down from 135 she had the power advantage against Joanna coming up in weight..

But as I said Valentina doesn't seem to have too much power in her strikes and somehow didn't ko Joanna.. When realisticly she is the bigger woman and should have the power advantage

I love to see people all of a sudden hanging on Nunes’ labia, she knocked out Cyborg hence she is the new Fedor! Nunes won fairly squarely and Cyborg came with an utterly retarded game plan but if they do rematch, my money is easily on Cyborg. Not because Cyborg is significantly better, but because she is bigger and a better technical striker (although it would require that she remains TACTICAL rather than Chute nice retard).

I always assumed Cris lost because she was knocked unconscious.

Nope the naturally smaller fighter was better than her
They are the same size and Nunes has a longer reach so in that sense Nunes is actually bigger than Cyborg. And she used her reach, power and accuracy to put Cyborg out.

I love to see people all of a sudden hanging on Nunes’ labia, she knocked out Cyborg hence she is the new Fedor! Nunes won fairly squarely and Cyborg came with an utterly retarded game plan but if they do rematch, my money is easily on Cyborg. Not because Cyborg is significantly better, but because she is bigger and a better technical striker (although it would require that she remains TACTICAL rather than Chute nice retard).

Wrong Nunes wins 9/10 times.

Look at Werdum when Stipe had clocked him.

Funny thing about Werdum is how similar he is to Cyborg. Give him time & space to work and he can put together a decent looking striking game. Hit him hard a couple times and he goes full Chute Boxe brawl mode. And it wasn't just against Stipe, he did the same thing against Travis Browne, he was just lucky that Browne sucked (thank you Edmond!) and couldn't find his chin.

she was just overrated because everyone else at 145 sucks

She lost because she got punched in the face really hard. Did you watch the fight?

Back