Television THE RINGS OF POWER (Only 37% of Viewers Finished the Series, post #1917)

If you have watched the entire season one of RINGS OF POWER, how do you feel about it?

• Total voters
Remember when he rode a shield down a flight of stairs while rapid firing arrows?

Now THAT was some quality writing that respected the source material!
It's crazy that you're this dense.

The contention is that they've taken the worst part of who is an auxiliary character in the films, someone whose backstory, interests and personality are hardly even cracked into, and made it the foundation of the main protagonist of this show. You're making everyone's point.

It's crazy that you're this dense.

The contention is that they've taken the worst part of who is an auxiliary character in the films, someone whose backstory, interests and personality are hardly even cracked into, and made it the foundation of the main protagonist of this show. You're making everyone's point.
Not your finest work.

How do you know they’re review bombing and not because majority don’t like the show?
Never made a claim that everyone is review bombing, but it's a common and standard practice these days, especially for shows like this that go against what certain groups of people don't like.
Review sites are usually unreliable for certain movies, especially ones that get wrapped up in stupid culture wars.

How many people like it vs. don't like it wasn't my point anyways. The point was that review bombing is most definitely a thing that happens, and that a company has a legitimate reason to neutralize the effects of it.

When did I say that Subjective = Can't be bad ?
You have a habit of putting words into people's mouths, buddy. Subjective meaning, something being bad to you, doesn't make it bad to other people.
You seem to have again forgotten that this is a TV show..and not a book. And let's just keep focusing on the rock, and ignore everything else that happened...because that makes sense. :rolleyes:

I don't have a lot "invested" in this show, because...it's a TV show. It's you guys that are having mental breakdowns in here over it.
I can't even really properly respond to your post, because it's just deranged. You think that just calling people cunts, and saying something is stupid, or bad over and over again somehow makes your argument good.
And again...you are judging the quality of writing of this show, while simultaneously saying that The Witcher is an example of good writing? lol That tells me a lot.
You used "That's subjective" as a shield for the fucking horrifically bad writing that doesn't fit the tenor that the show is based on.
I can talk about everything else that happened:
Chasing Sauron was not cannon, something that was made up to make Galadriel look like a badass.
Her shitty demeanor is annoying and not like how she is portrayed in the source material at all
The fucking constant dagger shots
The swimming
Bickering with other elves
The Elf-Hatred in the lands of men
Having the woman go with our Afro-Latino elven friend
Elrond being shit on

That's not me focusing on the rock, that's me saying the first 4 minutes of the show already set a non-tolkien precedent for a show based on Tolkien's beloved work, so how exactly are fans like myself supposed to be super excited for some 12-year-old-deviant-art-poster level fanfic that cost a billion dollars.

No one is having a mental breakdown. We're shitting on a shitty show, and it's disappointing that it's shitty because we love the source material.

I'm not "Just calling (Galadriel) a cunt", it's what you're boiling my argument down to so that you can "refute" it more easily. I know more about Tolkien than you, so you can't go that route, and to actually defend the show's terrible execution you'd have to concede that these choices were made purposefully to undermine the source material.

The anti-woke brigade have been shitting on this show for months without ever watching a minute of it. Don't play dumb.
Okay, are they wrong simply because they're "anti-woke"?
The casting is a fine reason to hate any show. I hated Jared Leto cast as The Joker, it was a sign that suicide squad was going to be shit, and it totally was.

And you think the tens of thousands of good reviews are all bought and paid for.

Ironic post.
I never said that whatsoever.
I truly believe some people like this show and they are more than entitled to liking something terrible.

I'm sure someone out there likes you to some extent
{<shrug}

You used "That's subjective" as a shield for the fucking horrifically bad writing that doesn't fit the tenor that the show is based on.
I can talk about everything else that happened:
Chasing Sauron was not cannon, something that was made up to make Galadriel look like a badass.
Her shitty demeanor is annoying and not like how she is portrayed in the source material at all
The fucking constant dagger shots
The swimming
Bickering with other elves
The Elf-Hatred in the lands of men
Having the woman go with our Afro-Latino elven friend
Elrond being shit on

That's not me focusing on the rock, that's me saying the first 4 minutes of the show already set a non-tolkien precedent for a show based on Tolkien's beloved work, so how exactly are fans like myself supposed to be super excited for some 12-year-old-deviant-art-poster level fanfic that cost a billion dollars.

No one is having a mental breakdown. We're shitting on a shitty show, and it's disappointing that it's shitty because we love the source material.

I'm not "Just calling (Galadriel) a cunt", it's what you're boiling my argument down to so that you can "refute" it more easily. I know more about Tolkien than you, so you can't go that route, and to actually defend the show's terrible execution you'd have to concede that these choices were made purposefully to undermine the source material.
No, I used the word subjective in the exact way that the word is supposed to be used.
I don't need to "shield" anything. I haven't been shy about stating my opinions here. Y

Get this through your head, dude......this is a TV show. It is not a book. I don't give a shit about what elves looked like in the book, I don't care who Galadriel did or didn't chase in the book, and I don't care about any other minute book detail that doesn't appear on the TV screen. And I REALLY don't give a shit about how much you know about Tolkien.
If I want to enjoy the book again, I'll go back and read it.
I'm fully aware that what I'm watching now is not a direct transcription of the books. I'm not in your Tolkien cult, so I can accept that.

You repeating something is bad is not an argument. Do you understand that ?
You didn't prove anything about Elrond being shit on from what I said. I think he's one of the best characters of the show so far.
We are in the 2nd episode of a how many SEASON long show??????? Do you think that the 17 minutes of screen time that we've gotten of Galadriel so far is as deep as we're getting with her character? You don't think she's going to grow as a character? You don't think there is a reason why they have thus far portrayed her the way that she is?
lol The swimming? Really? Remember when she almost drowned and had to be saved by the human? How does that fit into her Mary Suedom?
Why can't she have a disagreement with other elves?

I never said that whatsoever.
I truly believe some people like this show and they are more than entitled to liking something terrible.

I'm sure someone out there likes you to some extent
{<shrug}
You like me.

No, I used the word subjective in the exact way that the word is supposed to be used.
I don't need to "shield" anything. I haven't been shy about stating my opinions here. Y

Get this through your head, dude......this is a TV show. It is not a book. I don't give a shit about what elves looked like in the book, I don't care who Galadriel did or didn't chase in the book, and I don't care about any other minute book detail that doesn't appear on the TV screen. And I REALLY don't give a shit about how much you know about Tolkien.
If I want to enjoy the book again, I'll go back and read it.
I'm fully aware that what I'm watching now is not a direct transcription of the books. I'm not in your Tolkien cult, so I can accept that.

You repeating something is bad is not an argument. Do you understand that ?
You didn't prove anything about Elrond being shit on from what I said. I think he's one of the best characters of the show so far.
We are in the 2nd episode of a how many SEASON long show??????? Do you that the 17 minutes of screen time that we've gotten of Galadriel so far is as deep as we're getting with her character? You don't think she's going to grow as a character? You don't think there is a reason why they have thus far portrayed her the way that she is?
lol The swimming? Really? Remember when she almost drowned and had to be saved by the human? How does that fit into her Mary Suedom?
Why can't she have a disagreement with other elves?
If it's "JUST A TV SHOW! NOT THE BOOOK" why did they spend hundreds of millions of dollars acquiring the IP to some appendacies of said book?

Sorry, i'm not arguing with you about Galadriel being a Mary-Sue. I literally can't waste any more time discussing something so obvious with someone who just doesn't want it to be true

Shut up.

If it's "JUST A TV SHOW! NOT THE BOOOK" why did they spend hundreds of millions of dollars acquiring the IP to some appendacies of said book?

Sorry, i'm not arguing with you about Galadriel being a Mary-Sue. I literally can't waste any more time discussing something so obvious with someone who just doesn't want it to be true

Shut up.

TRIGGERED.
<6>

wwe-royal-rumble.gif

Back