The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

Sorry but this remake is just another reminder of how remakes are dumbed down for newer generations.

1. No substance.
2. No character development
3. Bad music / terrible dialogue
4. Non Interesesting characters outside how McGregor looks no one’s noticeable.
5. Is this a comedy , action film or ? I don’t know there’s just awkwardness that it falls in spots and it’s like the weird kid in the room you scratch your head and say that doesnt actually make sense here . It’s so bad Dalton takes the guys to the hospital that try and hurt him and even kill him he’s still cracking jokes trying to save them .

This movie is not really going to be watchable many times if more then once it just lacks everything the original had , the most memorable thing most Will remember about this one is McGregors ass and you get more of that at the end so those who missed that during the credits don’t worry because that sums this movie up . Lol
Definitely no substance I did not connect or sympathize. Even a lot of these so called crap films from the 80s like bloodsport, cyborg and roadhouse we could re watch and connect with the film.

The first one was mindless fun. This one was bad.
Music sucked.
No hot chicks.
Jake G. played Dalton like he was a zombie impersonating a corpse impersonating a mannequin. Was not a likable character at all either. Swayze's character was likable.
The ending was like the finale of a Jack Reacher book/film.

I watched it drunk and was fairly entertained. Conor was a cheesy villain and hammed it up but so was the original villain. Not exactly remaking a classic here. The only thing that would have made his role better would be if he had said "I used to fuck guys like you in high school".

The biggest issue was the lack of any sex scenes or female nudity. We got Conor's ass but zero nudity from any of the chicks? That's a crime against cheesy 80s movies. I also think making the owner of the roadhouse female didn't work because she was more attractive than the love interest and had more chemistry with the protagonist. Should've made her the love interest and added a sex scene.

Is there a nude scene with some pussy eating?
This film has a lot of that and even a tumescent phallus.
img_5394.jpg

If our resident shoopologists could cut a gif of Jake saying "who taught you shapes?" it would be appreciated.

Going to give it a bosh tonight, it looks like a decent Friday night flick. I loved the original so I'm not even remotely going to compare the two. Just think, it was nearly Ronda playing Swayze's part.

I was super hyped for the film, the trailer hyped me even more, watched last night and loved it, no boring bits, Conor was a beast in it, kinda just an OTT version of himself, can't imagine him playing many other character in future films, but definitely watch again sometime soon. Next film I'm looking forward to is "Marching Powder"

Last edited:
It was a 3.5/10 imo. It's pretty mindless some enjoyable scenes. Connor is the only person that understood this movie was supposed to be incredibly cheesy. The acting over all was trash. The story was trash. The characters were all pretty unlikable. The movie was shot decent. Fight scenes weren't great.

Sorry but this remake is just another reminder of how remakes are dumbed down for newer generations.

1. No substance.
2. No character development
3. Bad music / terrible dialogue
4. Non Interesesting characters outside how McGregor looks no one’s noticeable.
5. Is this a comedy , action film or ? I don’t know there’s just awkwardness that it falls in spots and it’s like the weird kid in the room you scratch your head and say that doesnt actually make sense here . It’s so bad Dalton takes the guys to the hospital that try and hurt him and even kill him he’s still cracking jokes trying to save them .

This movie is not really going to be watchable many times if more then once it just lacks everything the original had , the most memorable thing most Will remember about this one is McGregors ass and you get more of that at the end so those who missed that during the credits don’t worry because that sums this movie up . Lol
6. Pointless unrealistic woke characters - a youngish black woman owning a rough rowdy roadhouse as we can't have too many white people god forbid.

LMAO I enjoyed it.

I didn’t expect much from it and the movie was funny. Especially the bad guy being stressed out all the time and his stupid henchmen.

Ending could’ve been better. I’ll give it a B-.

I give it 3 / 10. Jake Gylenhaal is pretty good as you would expect for such an accomplished actor. I did find his character pretty annoying sometimes. Connor looked like he was coked out of his mind every scene. That grin? Rest of the acting was shit maybe my age but had no idea who the fuck most of them were. At least Conor isn't a real actor to be fair.

The storyline was shit. As someone else said one minute it focuses on the terrible traumatic past of Jakes earlier life then seconds later some lame unfunny joke or scene happens. Even the fight scenes badly done as were all the fxs with stupid sped up scenes and crap cgi. Swayze must be turning in his grave. Really missed having a Sam Elliot character who was cool af in the original.

The original was stupid but still great fun and had some good acting and interesting characters. Great fight scenes, good / funny script. It knew what kind of movie it was. My god this remake makes the original look like Citizen Kane.

Back