The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

movie was entertaining, worth watching just for the boat scene with dude insisting on getting his shave finished lol
See, that's the spirit! That and the guy with his arm in a plaster were really fun.
Congrats on not being a miserable git.

They should rename it to "Diverse Roadhouse". This is what happens when diversity goes way over the top.

It was somewhat enjoyable for the cheesiness aspect but I'd never watch it again. McGregor was over the top but wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Obviously that's how the director wanted his character to act, so he did it.

They should rename it to "Diverse Roadhouse". This is what happens when diversity goes way over the top.

It was somewhat enjoyable for the cheesiness aspect but I'd never watch it again. McGregor was over the top but wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Obviously that's how the director wanted his character to act, so he did it.
Define "way over the top"?

This was one of the least aggressively diverse casted movies in quite a while. Yes, they had some minorities in some supporting roles. But it's a really weird thing to single out as a criticism.

Things that were better in the original:

1. equal representation nudity. The girls got to see swayze's ass and the guys got to see many random tits. The remake has no nudity other than conor's ass and we only need a glimpse for the joke to work, but instead they give us long lingering looks from multiple angles. I'm like "Jesus they could've called this movie road ass"

2. I liked the fact that swayze's Dalton was already a bouncer. He knew the job from years of experience. There's a lot more to it than just being good at fighting.

3. Having Sam Elliott die in the original really gave a valid reason for Dalton to be pushed over the edge. But in this new one, some people he just met had their business destroyed. Not quite on the same level as having your lifelong mentor murdered.

Otherwise, the new one is fun though. I enjoyed it a lot.

The original is one of my favourites
When Swayze wheel kicks a man in the back and he jumps through a window, classic Roadhouse
I liked the new one but the original has loads more tits so that makes it better

Things that were better in the original:

1. equal representation nudity. The girls got to see swayze's ass and the guys got to see many random tits. The remake has no nudity other than conor's ass and we only need a glimpse for the joke to work, but instead they give us long lingering looks from multiple angles. I'm like "Jesus they could've called this movie road ass"

2. I liked the fact that swayze's Dalton was already a bouncer. He knew the job from years of experience. There's a lot more to it than just being good at fighting.

3. Having Sam Elliott die in the original really gave a valid reason for Dalton to be pushed over the edge. But in this new one, some people he just met had their business destroyed. Not quite on the same level as having your lifelong mentor murdered.

Otherwise, the new one is fun though. I enjoyed it a lot.
Sam Elliot died in the original? Holy spoiler alert!!

So a black woman offends you?

It was watchable but I liked the original Roadhouse better. No Oscar for Conor.

With the 'reboot'/'reimagination' of the Roadhouse movie releasing today on Amazon streaming, I have been seeing a LOT of hate and disdain for it already.

I am merely 3/4 of the way through, and I must say - as a die hard fan of the original (I wore that VHS tape the fuck out) I too am a fan of this 'reboot' but for different reasons.

I think that any fan of the original Swayze pic can agree that it was cheesy as fuck man.
"Pain don't hurt" "We will be nice, until its time to not be nice"
Please let us (as predominantly fucking GenX grown ups) agree that the acting was on par with WWF (yes, going back that far) level acting. I loved the movie for its fantasy/pseudo reality based situations and the action packed violence. But make no mistake, if the likes of Jeff Whitley and Sam Elliott weren't in the original it would have been meh at best.

This 'reboot' isn't even supposed to remotely mimic the OG.

Sure there are similarities, but fuck man... You almost can't (or don't want to) touch or try to outcheese/act the likes of Pat, or the other mediocre actors in this film.

I think Jake Gyllenhaal is the equivalent to Sam Elliott in terms of star power, or at least acting proweress in this film.
Lean into the difference and fantasy of it and you too will like it.

Its not like the "Transformers" reboots from Micrap Bae.
Because Bumblebee was never a fucking Camaro.

Imagine, karate kid without Mr Miyagi? Huge L!

NO Wade Garrett ruined it for me. Jake literally looked into a broke back sequel.
McGregor saved the movie.
Good B levels movie but a poor remake. ^^^reason above.

When Swayze wheel kicks a man in the back and he jumps through a window, classic Roadhouse
I liked the new one but the original has loads more tits so that makes it better
You must have also been a die hard Michael Dudikoff and Frank Dux fan too, because ninjas..

Until they were exposed in the early UFCs.

At least the original had a hot chick in it. Im sure as a kid, thats what kept me interested the entire movie.
I hope you’re referring to the blonde dancing topless on the table. She was hot; Kelly Lynch was not.

Back