The Roadhouse 'Reboot' was just as good/better than the original - Change my mind

They should rename it to "Diverse Roadhouse". This is what happens when diversity goes way over the top.

It was somewhat enjoyable for the cheesiness aspect but I'd never watch it again. McGregor was over the top but wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Obviously that's how the director wanted his character to act, so he did it.
The diversity aspect is why there is zero chemistry between JG and road house owner, the characters had poor development and were forgettable.

I just watched it and it doesn’t even come close to being as good as the original. Another remake that completely missed the mark.

The villain is almost comical, no credibility
His so called “gang” are a bunch of clowns
McGregor’s character is too over the top

I came in with low expectations and was disapointed.

Just watched this last night. Dear god, that was so terrible.

Where to begin...the acting, writing, dialogue, the unnecessary Conor ass shots. It felt like this movie was done by people making their very first movie and had no idea what they were doing. I genuinely feel bad for Jake Gyllenhaal. You know after it wrapped and he watched the first showing of it, he was probably cringing at how bad it was.

I had never seen the original, so saw them both in a 3 day window last week.

Personally I think people are letting rose colored glasses taint their perspective of the original. The original was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. They drove a fucking monster truck thru a car dealership and lit multiple houses on fire over a "beef" between a small town local mobster and a bar tough guy... and you want to complain about the plot or realistic-ness of the new one?!

You gotta shut your brain off for either film. Within that capacity I think either film is enjoyable on relatively the same level. People are bagging on Conor's fight scenes like Sam Elliot's 1920s style 'put up yer dukes' boxing was something special. Come on bro.

Saw original agsin and it is like 10 levels better than this . This had fun moments but it's not really close. There's not a single thing that's not a less than version in the new one........ other thsn a better location

I can t believe anyone would have this opinion. Original Road House is a legit 80s cheese classic.
Not sure what this garbage was but Conor was the best thing in it, that s how shitty it was.

Define "way over the top"?

This was one of the least aggressively diverse casted movies in quite a while. Yes, they had some minorities in some supporting roles. But it's a really weird thing to single out as a criticism.
YEs i agree with you. I typically can t stand woke trash but i found literally nothing of the sort in it.

The whole movie experience has corroded in the last few years significantly. I can make better movie at home with enough guests. My house is quite large and any room is a scene in and of itself. Directing is a wonderful and creative experience. I see no motivation to spur the human spirit...

Not the worst movie I've ever seen but it's close to Battlefield Earth

Tje original is x10 times better, as incongruent and cheezy as it is.

An 80's instant classic.

This reeboot lacks the main thing the OG Road House had: SPIRIT.

I re watch the OG, and immediatly after the colin one: both are fun

But you can't say with a lil sense of taste or a functioning brain that both films are equal ..

just sayin'...

I enjoyed this flick, better than the original IMO!

Think I may rewatch again this weekend lol
Really hoping they do a Sequel or a prequel with Connor lol

I had never seen the original, so saw them both in a 3 day window last week.

Personally I think people are letting rose colored glasses taint their perspective of the original. The original was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. They drove a fucking monster truck thru a car dealership and lit multiple houses on fire over a "beef" between a small town local mobster and a bar tough guy... and you want to complain about the plot or realistic-ness of the new one?!

You gotta shut your brain off for either film. Within that capacity I think either film is enjoyable on relatively the same level. People are bagging on Conor's fight scenes like Sam Elliot's 1920s style 'put up yer dukes' boxing was something special. Come on bro.
They can hate all they want, it won't matter...

50 million viewers (not views) reported by Amazon studios in the first 2 weeks, globally. That's insane. Given, that's not the same thing as selling a theater ticket, but if it were, we're talking about a film that would have raked in close to $500m in the first few weeks.

Eh, it was fine. Entertaining enough in a cheesy 90's action flick kind of way. I mean, come on, no-one was expecting Citizen Kane going in.

As much as I hate to admit it as I can't stand Colon Mcgoober - his character was the best thing about the movie.

Back