Social The rock finally comes out

I'm sure a lot of people regret it.

I think a lot of what The Rock has said and done is out of survival in a culture that doesn't have much time for loudmouth, macho characters (the metoo, politically correct, cancel culture era, which affected Hollywood even stronger than other industries). But now that the tide is turning he's starting to feel more comfortable being himself again.

Many regard him as a fake but I think he's just a survivor, not too many guys like him around in his line of work.
This is how I interpreted his endorsement for Biden when I initially discovered it. It's been said in the past that the Rock was a Republican, so when I heard his endorsement in 2020 I wasn't really buying it, but I couldn't blame him either.

It's not to say he's a fan of Trump or anything, but it's clear that being a republican In Hollywood puts you in people's crosshairs so it makes sense from a survival stand point. Endorse the "goodie" wave to the people and continue making millions. Not a hard choice really.

Your idol acts like a woman

Ok? I'm not sure how you've figured out that The Rock is my idol. You're the guy posting threads about him on a political forum like his opinion matters.

Let's face it, a lot of guys like The Rock tried to ride out the late 2010s-early 2020s with minimal damage to their reputation. In doing so, they had to advocate for things that they didn't necessarily agree with.

The Rock specifically was in a precarious position due to his character being a muscle head, loudmouth macho goon. Not exactly the hottest item on the market to all the Hollywood producers and writers of that era (even if he retained popularity among the general audience).

Reactions: lsa
This is how I interpreted his endorsement for Biden when I initially discovered it. It's been said in the past that the Rock was a Republican, so when I heard his endorsement in 2020 I wasn't really buying it, but I couldn't blame him either.

It's not to say he's a fan of Trump or anything, but it's clear that being a republican In Hollywood puts you in people's crosshairs so it makes sense from a survival stand point. Endorse the "goodie" wave to the people and continue making millions. Not a hard choice really.

This is how I read it

Not Pro-Trump, just Anti-Biden

Seems like most of the county is either

Anti-Biden
Or
Anti-Trump

Not Pro either of them.

He probably was pressured by some Hollywood friends to say Biden in 2020. Realizes now how bad Biden is.

He went to the WH a few months ago though

Ok? I'm not sure how you've figured out that The Rock is my idol. You're the guy posting threads about him on a political forum like his opinion matters.

Let's face it, a lot of guys like The Rock tried to ride out the late 2010s-early 2020s with minimal damage to their reputation. In doing so, they had to advocate for things that they didn't necessarily agree with.

The Rock specifically was in a precarious position due to his character being a muscle head, loudmouth macho goon. Not exactly the hottest item on the market to all the Hollywood producers and writers of that era (even if he retained popularity among the general audience).
I have not posted a single thread, your entire statement is invalid

Nobody picking up that he's doing an incredible Obama impression in his tone and cadence?

Why in the hell would the Rock think Biden had any intention of trying to "unify" this country... Joes Mentor and Puppet Master Barry tried his best to divide our nation both politically and racially then any other president before him and so did his husband..

I mean, it doesnt change just cause he's against people you like. But who gives a fuck what celebrities think about politics. They are not in touch with reality.

Last edited:
This is how I read it

Not Pro-Trump, just Anti-Biden

Seems like most of the county is either

Anti-Biden
Or
Anti-Trump

Not Pro either of them.
I don't think that's true at all. I am pro-Biden but I admit I am in a small minority. That said there is definitely a very strong pro-Trump contingent. If those in the GOP were really just anti-Biden they would've considered the alternative candidates in the primary more. IIRC both Haley and DeSantis polled better against Biden than Trump. But the GOP is basically the party of Trump, he even stomped Haley in her own home state, so they never had a chance. Most of the anti-Biden sentiment is really just thinly veiled pro-Trump sentiment.

Back