Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Some of her statements are troubling, such as her statement that "We [judges] as a branch (of government) need to defend our own." Who does this lady think she is? Hey lady, your job is to apply the law correctly—we're not paying you to play Band of Brothers with your robe-clad friends. And how could a judge look at what happened to Justice Kavanaugh and side with an accuser who provided absolutely no evidence for her claims whatsoever? Can anyone believe this judge is impartial on the sexual assault issue now? I sure don't.

Good for her, and it's predictable that hacks are going with "she was never a *real* Republican." I think you're misinterpreting her comment. We should all be concerned when we have a president who attacks judges who rule against him. It's an attack on our whole country, and judges in particular need to stay strong and to support each in their efforts to defend America.

A person of such weak caliber doesn't belong anywhere near a court bench anyway, so fuck her.

Yeah. She needs to go on live, international television and spout partisan CT's and weep and respond to senators like a petulant child. That will prove she is solid Supreme Court justice material.

so she’s upset that unfounded allegations went unfounded lol

Because courts assume innocence, creeps are protected by default. Someone not being prosecuted doesn't mean they're innocent, it means there's lack of evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, which is common for sexual crimes that happen behind closed doors, without witnesses and without cameras. I often see people rejoicing when a rape accusation on their favourite Hollyweird celebrity doesn't do through, claiming it proves he's innocent... bitch, that's not how that works. There's guys that have 10, 15 women accusing them and they're white as snow on legal standpoint. From an Occam's razor perspective, Kavavaugh was in the popular crowd, constantly partying and drinking, make a ton of sexual references in his yearbook. Imo he got drunk and did do what Ford said. He's not a psychopath rapist, but he fuck up horribly.

Good for her, and it's predictable that hacks are going with "she was never a *real* Republican." I think you're misinterpreting her comment. We should all be concerned when we have a president who attacks judges who rule against him. It's an attack on our whole country, and judges in particular need to stay strong and to support each in their efforts to defend America.

Jack, you're a nice fella, but you appear to have misconceptions about the role of a judge. If this judge wants to hang out on the corner with a protest sign, she is free to do that. But judges have no business "stay[ing] strong and . . . support[ing] each in their efforts to defend America" (whatever that means). A Judge is to follow the Constitution and apply the law correctly. They are not political actors.

Kavanaugh is a lunatic with the temperament of a toddler. He should have never been confirmed strictly due to his demeanor during testimony.

Yeah. She needs to go on live, international television and spout partisan CT's and weep and respond to senators like a petulant child. That will prove she is solid Supreme Court justice material.

She actually sounds like she wants to be a legislator. She should give up the gavel and run for a House seat.

Jack, you're a nice fella, but you appear to have misconceptions about the role of a judge. If this judge wants to hang out on the corner with a protest sign, she is free to do that. But judges have no business "stay[ing] strong and . . . support[ing] each in their efforts to defend America" (whatever that means). A Judge is to follow the Constitution and apply the law correctly. They are not political actors.

Applying the law correctly means resisting political and social pressure to not follow the law correctly.

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

TS isn’t named James Russler for nothing

So many posters got btfo that original BK thread that I’m just here for the left over russle

Republican with a life time of service calls out party for becoming too extreme; stirs up angry incels on the internet to declare said Republican was never really one of us.

Of course she wasn't one of you, you're losers. She was a Republican, however.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ornia-supreme-court-leaves-gop-over-kavanaugh

"The chief justice of California’s Supreme Court announced on Thursday that she had left the Republican Party following the confirmation of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye told CALmatters that she had been deliberating her decision for a while but made up her mind after watching the backlash following multiple sexual assault allegations leveled against Kavanaugh.

Christine Blasey Ford, a professor from Palo Alto, Calif., testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in September, alleging that Kavanaugh assaulted her in the 1980s when they were both high school students.

Kavanaugh vehemently denied the allegations in his subsequent hearing and was later confirmed to the nation’s highest court.

Cantil-Sakauye said she decided to re-register without a party affiliation, saying she didn’t look at it as leaving the Republican Party.

“I’ve been thinking about it for some time,” Cantil-Sakauye said, noting that she had discussed her decision with her husband and friends. She said they told her, “You didn’t leave the party. The party left you.”

Cantil-Sakauye, who was appointed as California’s chief justice in 2011 by then-GOP Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, was just the second woman to hold the position. She is also the first Filipina-American state Supreme Court justice.

“I felt compelled to make a choice now,” she told CALmatters. “It better suits what I do and how I approach issues.”

Cantil-Sakauye has sparred with the Trump administration in the past, saying earlier this week that the president’s attacks on judges who rule against him are damaging the rule of law.

“We as a branch (of government) need to defend our own,” Cantil-Sakauye said during an annual meeting with reporters. The best way to do that, she said, is to promote civics education and “invite the public into our courtrooms.”

She also has taken a stand regarding federal immigration officials detaining undocumented immigrants at California courthouses.

“Enforcement policies that include stalking courthouses and arresting undocumented immigrants, the vast majority of whom pose no risk to public safety, are neither safe nor fair," she wrote in a March 2017 letterto then-U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly.

"They not only compromise our core value of fairness but they undermine the judiciary’s ability to provide equal access to justice. I respectfully request that you refrain from this sort of enforcement in California's courthouses,” she continued.

Cantil-Sakauye joins a number of many prominent Republicans who have disavowed or left the GOP in recent months.

Former Rep. David Jolly (Fla.) said in October that he would re-register without a party affiliation with his wife in an attempt to reject partisan politics.

"It's also just a personal rejection of partisanship. It's a very comfortable place for us to be," Jolly said of his decision.

Lori Stegmann, an elected official in Oregon, left the Republican Party in July because she could not condone “the misogyny, the racism, and the unethical and immoral behavior of the current administration.”

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt left the party in June citing the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy for illegal border crossings, which led to the separation of thousands of migrant parents and children."
Personally, I view this lady as a Liberal Progressive activist. The idea that she was ever a "Republican" is laughable. It reminds me of some of the far-Left posters on this board who say "I'm a Conservative, but... [endorses Commie platform]." GTFO.

Some of her statements are troubling, such as her statement that "We [judges] as a branch (of government) need to defend our own." Who does this lady think she is? Hey lady, your job is to apply the law correctly—we're not paying you to play Band of Brothers with your robe-clad friends. And how could
a judge look at what happened to Justice Kavanaugh and side with an accuser who provided absolutely no evidence for her claims whatsoever? Can anyone believe this judge is impartial on the sexual assault issue now? I sure don't.

Judge Tani Cantil-Sakauye needs to get the Rose Bird treatment. Hopefully Kavanaugh gets a chance to overturn a few of this lady's opinions. I'm sure he will.

The whole bit about stalking illegals at the courthouse was funny as well. Why does she think those illegals are at the courthouse in the first place?

Republican with a life time of service calls out party for becoming too extreme; stirs up angry incels on the internet to declare said Republican was never really one of us.

Yeah, any time a conservative shows any bit of a conscience about what has happened to the movement, they're pretty much immediately excommunicated. That leads to a lot of unity within the party but a dwindling base and with a lot of people afraid to do the right thing.

Not sure I've met a lot of Republicans that favor ignoring the law or side with punishing people without evidence. But that's just my experience.

Shouldn't she be busy expanding the public nuisance doctrine to include climate change?

The whole bit about stalking illegals at the courthouse was funny as well. Why does she think those illegals are at the courthouse in the first place?

It's almost like she doesn't want them to be brought to justice

So she's another judge who doesn't believe in presumption of innocence or the concept of being innocent until proven guilty? And doesn't want to uphold the established laws she disagrees with like arresting illegal aliens? How wonderful. I'm sure she'd fit right in the progressive zealots in the Senate who want to overturn 800 years of established Western legal traditions and not allow the accused to challenge their accuser. Pfft

Last edited:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ornia-supreme-court-leaves-gop-over-kavanaugh

"The chief justice of California’s Supreme Court announced on Thursday that she had left the Republican Party following the confirmation of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye told CALmatters that she had been deliberating her decision for a while but made up her mind after watching the backlash following multiple sexual assault allegations leveled against Kavanaugh.

Christine Blasey Ford, a professor from Palo Alto, Calif., testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in September, alleging that Kavanaugh assaulted her in the 1980s when they were both high school students.

Kavanaugh vehemently denied the allegations in his subsequent hearing and was later confirmed to the nation’s highest court.

Cantil-Sakauye said she decided to re-register without a party affiliation, saying she didn’t look at it as leaving the Republican Party.

“I’ve been thinking about it for some time,” Cantil-Sakauye said, noting that she had discussed her decision with her husband and friends. She said they told her, “You didn’t leave the party. The party left you.”

Cantil-Sakauye, who was appointed as California’s chief justice in 2011 by then-GOP Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, was just the second woman to hold the position. She is also the first Filipina-American state Supreme Court justice.

“I felt compelled to make a choice now,” she told CALmatters. “It better suits what I do and how I approach issues.”

Cantil-Sakauye has sparred with the Trump administration in the past, saying earlier this week that the president’s attacks on judges who rule against him are damaging the rule of law.

“We as a branch (of government) need to defend our own,” Cantil-Sakauye said during an annual meeting with reporters. The best way to do that, she said, is to promote civics education and “invite the public into our courtrooms.”

She also has taken a stand regarding federal immigration officials detaining undocumented immigrants at California courthouses.

“Enforcement policies that include stalking courthouses and arresting undocumented immigrants, the vast majority of whom pose no risk to public safety, are neither safe nor fair," she wrote in a March 2017 letterto then-U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly.

"They not only compromise our core value of fairness but they undermine the judiciary’s ability to provide equal access to justice. I respectfully request that you refrain from this sort of enforcement in California's courthouses,” she continued.

Cantil-Sakauye joins a number of many prominent Republicans who have disavowed or left the GOP in recent months.

Former Rep. David Jolly (Fla.) said in October that he would re-register without a party affiliation with his wife in an attempt to reject partisan politics.

"It's also just a personal rejection of partisanship. It's a very comfortable place for us to be," Jolly said of his decision.

Lori Stegmann, an elected official in Oregon, left the Republican Party in July because she could not condone “the misogyny, the racism, and the unethical and immoral behavior of the current administration.”

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt left the party in June citing the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy for illegal border crossings, which led to the separation of thousands of migrant parents and children."
Personally, I view this lady as a Liberal Progressive activist. The idea that she was ever a "Republican" is laughable. It reminds me of some of the far-Left posters on this board who say "I'm a Conservative, but... [endorses Commie platform]." GTFO.

Some of her statements are troubling, such as her statement that "We [judges] as a branch (of government) need to defend our own." Who does this lady think she is? Hey lady, your job is to apply the law correctly—we're not paying you to play Band of Brothers with your robe-clad friends. And how could
a judge look at what happened to Justice Kavanaugh and side with an accuser who provided absolutely no evidence for her claims whatsoever? Can anyone believe this judge is impartial on the sexual assault issue now? I sure don't.

Judge Tani Cantil-Sakauye needs to get the Rose Bird treatment. Hopefully Kavanaugh gets a chance to overturn a few of this lady's opinions. I'm sure he will.

serveimage
<======= Judge Tani Cantil-Sakauye

Don't let the door's doorknob get lodged in your smelly fish-box on the way out. <13>

Good riddance. If only ALL the Judges in Cali left 'cause of Kavanaugh. He'd be viewed as a National Hero. <TheDonald>

Back