The shadow of Jon Jones looms large over the LHW division

Look at jon 1st title fight vs jiris recency bias is crazy
he straight bodied by boy shogun.... :(:(:(:(:(

i remember as soon as i heard he stopped a thief in the parking garage that he was going to win

Jon Jones has not the heart of glover nor the finishing power of Jiri

Funny of you to try to minimize his career in this way. You act as if Jones is the only one using PED's and that is the sole reason he became a dominant champion. That is truly pathetic.
He is the only one who gets regularly caught, which is interesting considering he should have access to the best ways to dodge testing.

We're not discussing those fighters currently so that is a moot point.

Not many have faith in Jon being clean for many of wins and the perspective that he lost to Reyes is a worthwhile and commonly held one.

The last part is true, but it doesn't mean his presence looms for most people, only a few. If you were rational, your own thread would tell you something. It apparently has not. You can remain obstinate. No big deal. This doesn't seem to be a good faith conversation so there's no need for you to reply.

Don't care if he was clean or not. Many fighters cheat in a myriad of ways. They can hold onto whatever belief they want at the end of the day ... he walked away with the W and has the most title defenses in UFC history.

90% of the world will disagree with you even if you are right. There is a reason why the percentage of the elite is small and the percentage of commoners is so high. You can still be right but be hung by your neck if the popular votes chooses to hang you. If you want to hang me for sticking to my belief go ahead .... but I believe that Jon Jones was a great fighter... a historic fighter whose legacy is still in peoples minds when discussing the LHW division today. They want someone to come and erase what he's done... even a little bit... but no one can do what that man did. Period.

Also, please don't assume I'm not responding with good faith when I'm replying to people in my own thread. I actually care to have an open and honest conversation... hence why I made the thread.

1204970743.jpg.0.jpg
I'm glad he got the victory.
Reyes clearly started slowing down from the mid point of the fight.

Cleared the entire division out and reigned over it with an iron fist. Jon Jones haters looking for the next Jon Jones but he is no where to be found. Haters will never appreciate what this man did for the sport. GOAT.

20_11_05_8fbca73b5ee16e1082a6365213c99331_960-960x620-c-default.jpg
What he did for the sport it what he did TO the sport? Because the latter seems like a much more appropriate phrasing.

I can’t believe Jones fought tonight! How did I miss that?

Cleared the entire division out and reigned over it with an iron fist. Jon Jones haters looking for the next Jon Jones but he is no where to be found. Haters will never appreciate what this man did for the sport. GOAT.

20_11_05_8fbca73b5ee16e1082a6365213c99331_960-960x620-c-default.jpg

Glover is still out here fighting and Jones is sitting on the side lines for years now. Jones aint coming back ever within the UFC. he either popped or realised he can't compete at HW.
His whole life fell apart because of his problems. He isn't going to come back and be successful now his camp, family and PED's are gone.

Glover is still out here fighting and Jones is sitting on the side lines for years now. Jones aint coming back ever within the UFC. he either popped or realised he can't compete at HW.
His whole life fell apart because of his problems. He isn't going to come back and be successful now his camp, family and PED's are gone.
Isn't Jones holding out for more money?

Francis is trying to do the same.

I love Glover and Jiri but man, how far LHW has fallen. A better/not as old Glover was/would have been squashed by Jones, Rumble, Gus and DC and people thought when Jan was the champ that "that guy is legit, LHW is as great as it ever was!". This was followed by Glover dominating Jan, and Jiri, the New Hope, BARELY winning against old man Glover. I just finished watching the event so I am a bit pissed off that Glover lost, but still, LHW has really gone down a couple of knotches in terms of level of skill. Jiri is very fun to watch though.

Isn't Jones holding out for more money?

Francis is trying to do the same.

At this point I don't think so. It's been too long. I think he popped again and is waiting out a suspension whilst being monitored.

Francis won't be back either IMO. He will go chase money in boxing.

He had to juice to beat an old and fat DC. The shadow of picograms loom large over Jones.

Back