Movies THE SMASHING MACHINE (First Look at Dwayne Johnson as Mark Kerr)

Update: May 21, 2024

First Look at an Unrecognizable Dwayne Johnson as Mark Kerr in A24's THE SMASHING MACHINE Directed by Benny Safdie

GOGsCxIWMAAS-EG

Wow very impressive, maybe The Rock will get nominated for this.

I always remember Kerr's fight against Varelans where it ended up with Varelans pinned to the floor eating brutal knees to the face, and Varelans hands kind of spaz out so it looks like Kerr's giving him full blown autism. I always thought it was one of the most brutal fights I've seen just because Varelans looked so helpless

Ryan Bader is playing Mark Coleman. According to Mark himself on the Jaxxon podcast last week.

Amazing...I hope he does a lot of that awesome eyebrow lifting in this movie.

Really curious who will play Jeff Monson and if they will include his famous, "You like watching people get fucked for free! Watch me fuck Mark Kerr up live on DonKingTVcom"

Why would you assume that Monson will be in it?

Seems highly unlikely considering they fought an insignificant fight like 7 years after the events of the documentary.

He really got fucked up on drugs and I think he has permanent nerve damage. Last I heard he was a car salesman. He was an animal wreslter, people sleep on his skill set on the matt.

Kerr was a NCAA DiV 1 Champ. He won Gold and Silver at the World Cup in Freestyle. Silver at the Pan Am Games. He also is a four-time ADCC Submission World Champ. Had he had the right folks around him, he could have slimmed down, stayed off the sauce and might have had a longer run.

Why TF does the Rock keep getting acting roles? His movies generally suck.

They do big numbers. I for one am glad he's trying to make a serious movie for once instead of yet another generic action picture. And at least his roided out physique makes sense here.

And then Cody did this

tenor.gif

While The Rock was busy embarrassing himself and the whole dang rasslin business by paying Muhammad Ali's wife to come present him with some corny ass vanity belt just to try and soothe his fragile ego

And he showed up to Wrestlemania dressed like Shirley Temple

<lmao><lmao><lmao><lmao>

tenor.gif

you know what, i kinda want to see this.
Rock is kinda lame most of the time, basically playing himself in every movie, let's see if he can do better.

They do big numbers. I for one am glad he's trying to make a serious movie for once instead of yet another generic action picture. And at least his roided out physique makes sense here.

Why do they do big numbers though? They suck.

Back