The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely remember the show, to be honest.

I remember hating the first two seasons, and then it getting a lot better. I remember Andorians being really interesting. I remember a hot Vulcan. And then I remember Nazis.

And this guy, of course. He was fantastic.

phlox3.jpg
Jolene Blalock's fake tits were disgusting. But she was great as an emotionally unstable Vulcan.

Jeffery Combs as Shran was, as always, phenomenal. He's one of the best B actors ever.

And you're correct, Phlox was great as the doctor. Excellent characters all around.

Manny Coto really turned the show around. If they'd had a couple more seasons, it might have been on par with TNG and DS9.

The finale is still one of the most bizarre things I've even seen from a solid TV franchise like Trek though. I have no idea why Frakes and Sirtis agreed to embarrass themselves like that.
Money and helping out the franchise.
God whatta stinker.

Jolene Blalock's fake tits were disgusting. But she was great as an emotionally unstable Vulcan.

Jeffery Combs as Shran was, as always, phenomenal. He's one of the best B actors ever.

And you're correct, Phlox was great as the doctor. Excellent characters all around.

A lot of those B movie actors that never really ascend to A movies (or do only briefly) never get their due.

Andrew Prine was a guy who was always in shitty movies but elevated (and was too good for) them.

I liked her breasts but loved her eyes.

Stunning woman, and she was great as T'Pol.

Laughed at all the ridiculous reasons used to get her naked. The regular steam massages were hilarious.

Jolene-Blalock-T-Pol-tpol-8530551-350-500.jpg

I liked her breasts but loved her eyes.

Stunning woman, and she was great as T'Pol.

Laughed at all the ridiculous reasons used to get her naked. The regular steam massages were hilarious.

Jolene-Blalock-T-Pol-tpol-8530551-350-500.jpg
That's where you get a side boob that looks like a softball was surgically implanted, it looks shiny and hard.
She needed some cheeseburgers, there were times she looked positively anorexic.

I recently rewatched all of DS9, first time I've seen it since it originally aired.

It was great, but holy crap was the finale a steaming pile.

I binge watched DS9 recently on Netflix too.

Still love the show, but it's laughable that it was considered to be a "dark" sci fi series compared to the shows that are on TV these days.

Still love the show, but it's laughable that it was considered to be a "dark" sci fi series compared to the shows that are on TV these days.

It was pretty dark if you consider all the things that were implied, and how brutal the villains were. It was especially dark for Star Trek.

It was pretty gritty. There were some brutal episodes. And nowadays dark generally means shooting. In DS9 It was more about exploring the failures of morality that desperate times engender.

That's great but it won't matter without the writing talent that they had on TNG. And they won't have that.

It was pretty dark if you consider all the things that were implied, and how brutal the villains were. It was especially dark for Star Trek.

It was pretty gritty. There were some brutal episodes. And nowadays dark generally means shooting. In DS9 It was more about exploring the failures of morality that desperate times engender.

The character development of supporting players like Dukat and Garak was amazing.

That's great but it won't matter without the writing talent that they had on TNG. And they won't have that.

Rick Berman and Brannon Braga were two of the lead writers on TNG, and they basically destroyed the franchise in the early 2000s.

I'd prefer to see some new talent take the reins.

The character development of supporting players like Dukat and Garak was amazing.
The actor who played Garak wrote some stories all about Garak's history...
A large part of what made Garak great was the mystery, the enigma. Telling us all the details wrecks that mystique.

Rick Berman and Brannon Braga were two of the lead writers on TNG, and they basically destroyed the franchise in the early 2000s.

I'd prefer to see some new talent take the reigns.
The TNG films were total shit.
I still have no idea who the audience was supposed to be.

The TNG films were total shit.
I still have no idea who the audience was supposed to be.

Yeah, the only decent one was First Contact.

Generations was probably the biggest theatrical disappointment for me next to The Phantom Menace. The worst thing about it is that they pulled most of the creative resources from TNG during the final season to focus on Generations and ended up turning out a bunch of really mediocre episodes and a shitty movie.

Yeah, the only decent one was First Contact.

Generations was probably the biggest theatrical disappointment for me next to The Phantom Menace. The worst thing about it is that they pulled most of the creative resources from TNG during the final season to focus on Generations and ended up turning out a bunch of really mediocre episodes and a shitty movie.
To me, it seemed from film one that the actors had forgotten how to play their characters, and didn't care. The movies just never felt like they were made for fans of the show, which was bizarre. They exchanged everything that made the series great for mindless action sequences.

It’s official — Patrick Stewart is returning to the Star Trek franchise. The acclaimed Shakespearean actor is set to headline a new Star Trek series for CBS All Access, reprising his iconic Next Generation character, Captain Jean-Luc Picard. The project, which has been rumored since the June announcement of a Star Trek universe expansion with new series, was just unveiled by Stewart himself in a surprise appearance at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention.
The new series, which is not a Star Trek: Next Generation reboot, will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life. It will be shepherded by Star Trek: Discovery co-creator/executive producer Alex Kurtzman who was tapped to oversee development of new Star Trek content under a big new overall deal with CBS TV Studios.

“With overwhelming joy, it’s a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold,” Kurtzman said. “For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can’t wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old.”

On the creative team for the new series starring Stewart, Kurtzman will be joined by James Duff, who recently joined Star Trek: Discovery as executive producer and signed a CBS Studios overall deal, former Discovery exec producer Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, and Discovery writer Kirsten Beyer.

Stewart, Chabon and Goldsman executive produce with Discovery executive producers Duff, Kurtzman and Heather Kadin of Secret Hideout as well as Roddenberry Entertainment President Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry, son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, and Roddenberry Entertainment COO Trevor Roth.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/patric...es-jean-luc-picard-cbs-all-access-1202440156/

This is a smart move by CBS. My subscription to CBS All Access is a lock unless the trailer looks horrible.

So, what, is this going to be a "this is your life" story, where we see Patrick Stewart as the Bob Saget narrator on How I Met Your Mother? So we'll see a young Picard, played by James McAvoy?
Tom Hardy would be a better Captain Picard than James McAvoy.

Stewart's 78 years old. I'm not sure what t make of this.

Picard is going to go where no man has gone before....a nursing home in space. They might give him dementia or alzheimer's so that every episode is like that one in TNG where he was constantly jumping into different time-frames.

Shame it got cancelled just as it really hit it's stride, although it ended on the weirdest cliffhanger of all time.
Brannon and Braga were given creative control of the finale episode, which is why it was absolutely terrible. They also needlessly killed off a popular main character. So stupid.

Picard is going to go where no man has gone before....a nursing home in space. They might give him dementia or alzheimer's so that every episode is like that one in TNG where he was constantly jumping into different time-frames.
The final ep, "All Good Things".
I usually hate, hate, hate time travel episodes but that was a masterpiece.
"Now that woulda made an epic fucking movie!"
~ Plinkett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back