Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

Prodigy has been saved. Season 2 of Prodigy will air next year on Netflix.
With season 1?

Patrick Stewart's autobiography,. Make it so, came out last week. I just finished the audio book and it was fantastic, and excellently narrated by Patrick. He apparently had a affair with the actress who played Vash, in captains holiday, and showed up a few more times through the years. Left his wide of 25 years to be with her.
J31l4Ag.png

I was bored yesterday and randomly saw this game on Xbox. It came out this year, and it's actually pretty good. It's almost a choose your own story type game. Each choice has consequences and can affect the course of the game. The gameplay isn't groundbreaking, but it looks nice, and it's basically like your own 10 hour TNG era movie.

MV5BYzNmNmE5ZjItNWUzMy00ZTU4LWFkM2UtODkyNDM5MzRhNTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI2NTE3MA@@._V1_.jpg

I was bored yesterday and randomly saw this game on Xbox. It came out this year, and it's actually pretty good. It's almost a choose your own story type game. Each choice has consequences and can affect the course of the game. The gameplay isn't groundbreaking, but it looks nice, and it's basically like your own 10 hour TNG era movie.

MV5BYzNmNmE5ZjItNWUzMy00ZTU4LWFkM2UtODkyNDM5MzRhNTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI2NTE3MA@@._V1_.jpg

what game is what game is wat?

I just finished this, it's really good, especially for fans of Star Trek. My fav Star Trek game is Bridge Commander, but this is right up there.

The gameplay is ass, the mini games are meh to annoying, the graphics are very dated in many respects (really nice in others), and the animations are PS2 levels. That makes it sound terrible, but where it shines is the story and the love and care they give to the source material.

It plays out like a two part Next Gen episode, where the focus (who you play as) is on two character arcs featuring a new first officer and an engineer.

I don't want to spoil too much of the story, but your ship, along with Ambassador Spock, is brought out to help settle a dispute between two factions who are on the verge of all out war. Nothing is as it seems of course, as you uncover an ever escalating plot.

Like Wrath of Khan, they wisely tied this in to an episode of Next Gen, also bringing in some OG crew, which I'll let you discover for yourself.

It's basically a Telltale game (former devs), where you make decisions that affect the outcome of the story. I had a coupe of bugs, so I watched a playthrough at a coupe of instances to see if it was me, or the game. I could see that certain choices had an impact/changed things drastically, which I love.

You really feel like you're on the bridge, totally immersed in the universe, and can genuinely ask yourself "what would Picard do".

I pirated the PC copy because you can only buy it on Epic (idiots), so I was limited patch wise, but the port is lazy regardless. You have limited resolutions but with a mod/file you can easily fix that. I was able to play in ultrawide no problem, though it doesn't like Bluetooth audio. I couldn't use my wireless headphones, audio crackles when there's dialogue. I had to play through my speakers.

Once it comes to Steam I'll buy a copy to try different outcomes. Hopefully that platform bring more eyeballs to it, as the game is a love letter to Next Gen Star Trek, by far the best era. I heard about it before, but had no idea it had been out since May. I hope Epic's $$ made its quiet launch worth it. It comes to Steam next May.

The game takes place two years after Voyageur ended, so well before Kurtzman and his Bad Robot hacks shit all over the lore.

SNW season 3 and the section 31 movie, are supposed to start filming at the studios in Toronto in December.

There are rumors that the Redstone family, who owns a majority of Paramount, are looking to sell it. Apparently, there is strong interest from both Amazon and Apple. Other networks are also interested, but a sale to a tech company will likely drive the price up, and be much easier to get congressional approval, as opposed to someone like Disney or Comcast trying to buy them.

🚨BREAKING - SECTION 31 Sets Filming Dates
NEW filming dates for the Section 31 movie starring Michelle Yeoh, directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi, and written by Craig Sweeny. It's now slated to begin filming Jan 29 thru to Mar 13, 2024

Can't believe they are finally making this. Michelle Yeoh must really want a section 31 movie, if this is her first film after her Oscar win.

I wanted to double check the dates for you, and they are actually getting sent out in the next few weeks. Here's the update from them

DVD/Blu-Ray Release Details, Bonus Features & MORE!
Friends,

We were holding off until we could properly announce everything all at once -- but here it goes. Details on our Indiegogo Backer Disk Combo-Packs ARE HERE AT LAST!

First, and likely most importantly, we're excited to share that your disk-sets will ship IN THE BEGINNING OF JULY!

Yes, this will include all international shipments, and will be about one month before the commercial North American release (August 6th!). We'll send out a reminder email blast the week before packages ship, and give you one last chance to confirm & update your mailing address.

If you need to make a change to your shipping address in the meantime, you can do so by logging-in to your BackerKit survey at ds9doc.backerkit.com.

Disk Details & Bonus Features
As promised, our Indiegogo backer disk sets are made specially by our team for eligible backers and will include cover artwork exclusive to the campaign. The sets are the only region-free release currently planned, and will include one Blu-Ray disk and one standard DVD in a single combo-case.

Earlier today, we partnered with our distributors at Shout! Factory to announce a full list of the special features which will be included on the standard release:

• "An Intro from Ira & the Gang"
  • "A Brief History of Deep Space Nine"
  • "What We Left Out"(over 45 minutes of new stories!)
  • "Behind the Scenes at the Variety Photoshoot"
  • "HD Remaster Discussion" (a roundtable chat with the filmmakers)
  • "More From the Fans" (YOU!)
  • Theatrical Trailer
In addition to the items included on the standard release, our exclusive backer combo-disk sets will include:

• "A Musical Reunion"(an extended conversation with composers Dennis McCarthy and Kevin Kiner)
  • Indiegogo Campaign Videos & Video Vault
  • Technical Trivia Track (A special subtitle text track with detailed technical info and listing of our HD Hero sponsors!)
We've been working hard the past few weeks to finalize and pack as many hours of additional content as we can into your combo-sets! Everything our team has specially produced ourselves to date has been included, and we hope you'll enjoy the chance to enjoy the film again and again from the comfort of your home.

For those interested in even more content and collectable opportunities (or for those who did not opt for a disk set during the campaign), our partners at Shout! Factory have announced their own Special Edition Blu-Ray set for which they've produced an extended 50-minute Roundtable Look at the Making of the Documentary:

For those curious about the differences, your backer disk sets already include our Musical Reunion bonus feature and a shortened excerpt of Shout's roundtable (in the HD Remaster featurette). However, because the extended full-length roundtable discussion is produced separately by Shout! Factory, it is only available on their limited edition disk.

Only 1,500 of these sets are being released through Shout! Factory, so if you're a die-hard collector or didn't pre-order a disk set during the campaign, we encourage you to pre-order this special edition soon!

Theatrical Screenings in the UK, Ireland & Germany NEXT MONTH
Our screenings in the US & Canada earlier this month were an incredible success -- so much so that our friends at CinEvents have announced a similar one-night-only event throughout the UK, Ireland and Germany next month on Wednesday, June 26th!

Though many of you may have the chance to enjoy your disk-sets at home soon, there's nothing like seeing the film on the BIG screen with an audience and all new remastered footage. Some cinemas have already sold out, so additional screenings are being added -- get your tickets soon to avoid missing out!!

While our film team would love to see the film screen EVERYWHERE, those decisions are made independently by our theatrical partners. If your country isn't on the list, we encourage you to reach out to Fathom Events, CinEvents, Shout! Factory or your local cineplex to encourage them to pick up the #DS9Doc in your area!

We'll have more details soon on our final rewards -- including re-release of the stream, and posters! -- but in the meantime, thank you to everyone for your great reactions to the film. Hearing your excitement and seeing your response has made our team's many, many hours of hard (but loving) work very much worth it.

Thanks to you, we're the little-doc-that-could.
Keep trekking on...
Wait, are you telling me they’re actually releasing DS9 on blu ray?

Wait, are you telling me they’re actually releasing DS9 on blu ray?
This was for "What We Leave Behind" the fantastic DS9 documentary. They fully restored a few episodes with CBS backing to show what DS9 in full HD looks like.

I think we will eventually get a full HD treatment for DS9 and VOY. There has been massive advancements in AI and machine learning programs that can quickly help convert old footage to HD. You would then need to fix up the CGI asserts, which is where it gets expensive and time-consuming.

CBS went all out on the TNG blu ray sets, and spent years painstaking scanning to original film, fixing the special effects, and tons of special features and bonus documentaries. When It came out probably a decade ago, it was right when streaming services had really taken over and physical media sales tanked. That a long with the original price point of $100 for each season, meant the blu ray sales didn't meet expectations. The whole industry has radically changed, and they could command a good price for full HD streaming rights. Just wouldn't expect the full package that TNG got. That said it also wouldn't take a 20 person team half a decade and $30 million dollars to complete DS9 in HD, like TNG did.

This was for "What We Leave Behind" the fantastic DS9 documentary. They fully restored a few episodes with CBS backing to show what DS9 in full HD looks like.

I think we will eventually get a full HD treatment for DS9 and VOY. There has been massive advancements in AI and machine learning programs that can quickly help convert old footage to HD. You would then need to fix up the CGI asserts, which is where it gets expensive and time-consuming.

CBS went all out on the TNG blu ray sets, and spent years painstaking scanning to original film, fixing the special effects, and tons of special features and bonus documentaries. When It came out probably a decade ago, it was right when streaming services had really taken over and physical media sales tanked. That a long with the original price point of $100 for each season, meant the blu ray sales didn't meet expectations. The whole industry has radically changed, and they could command a good price for full HD streaming rights. Just wouldn't expect the full package that TNG got. That said it also wouldn't take a 20 person team half a decade and $30 million dollars to complete DS9 in HD, like TNG did.
Damn. Ok. I already saw the documentary.

Apple and Paramount are apparently in negotiations to combine Apple TV and Paramount plus, or for Apple to just acquire Paramount.

The heads of Warner Brothers (Max, HBO, Discovery, ect) & Paramount (Paramount+, CBS, Showtime, ect) have been meeting this week to discuss a potential merger. The merger of the two would make of of the most powerful media conglomerates. I think other than Amazon or Apple buying Paramount outright, this would be the best merger for Paramount. It would also become on of the best bang for your buck, streaming companies with tons of content.

Star Trek peaked recently with Season 3 of Picard. It gave me all the closure I needed for Trek. None of the new shows do much to revitalize what it was to be an old Trek show.

Watching Discovery left such a shitty taste in my mouth.

I'm happy enough watching reruns.

Back